It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Parallel Earth On The Other Side Of The Sun?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You may have heard of this:

Personally it's an interesting idea, but baseless.

Would be cool though.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Make it into a movie, you'v spent this much time on it. In an hour or so , people will remember something something about an opposite planet of Earth, and something something about it being seen on hubble or satalites or something something...... ya know...! By then it will be lagitimate, tomorrow, they will say that Kim Kardashian on that planet is planning ...........on.....
edit on 11-9-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
a parallel earth on the other side of the sun that revolves exactly opposite our earth on the same elliptical orbit.another planet with air,water,ground and sky and people just like you and me,people that are you and me. this planet would be undetectable by any ground based observations for the very same reasons that asteroids coming in at us from around the area of the sun are also undetectable,the sun is too bright.people on that planet earth would see the same sun at the same distance and size as we do.

everything has their opposites,hot and cold,up and down,in and out,high and low,short and tall,slow and fast,soft and hard,night and day,summer and winter,love and hate,war and peace,life and death ect,ect so it makes perfect sense to me and is certainly possible that theres an opposite planet,another earth,existing beyond our reach,on the other side of the sun.

now here's where it gets really interesting.as i mentioned above,the people that live on this other world are you and me and what i mean is this.whenever i fall asleep and start to dream,i am dreaming about what i'm doing on this parallel earth when i am awake and when i fall asleep on this parallel earth,i dream about what i am doing here when i'm awake and this is the meaning of our dreams,what they really are.the things i do there i dream about here and the things i do here i dream about there.when i'm awakening there i'm falling asleep here and when i'm falling asleep here i'm awakening there.our parallel selves may somehow actually be telepathically connected,subliminally aware of eachother and interacting outside the area of conscious awareness.when i was born there,i was born here and when i die there,i will die here.

i wonder if these two parallel planets share a similar history as well,but only with opposite outcomes.in this other world kennedy was'nt shot,the nazis won world war two,the united states never became a country and russia never had a revolution ect,ect.or perhaps totally different historical scenarios arose.either way,these events would'nt stop us from being born there or here,we would just be living differently and doing different things.virtually unaware whenever we look up into the sky that theres a parallel earth,with parallel people looking back in the same direction...

If the United States never became a country then Kennedy would never have been shot.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
made me think of Whitley Striebers "2012" or Stephen Kings "The Stand"...but I like the whole theory, and I have been thinking about this alot lately myself. Thinking that when I am dreaming I AM somewhere else, like in another parallel universe or something.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

its not "impossible" for this parallel earth to be there and as i said before it would be around 93 million miles away from the sun,just like we are and it would be 186 million miles away from us, so its gravity would not effect us or the sun at all,we are too far away and the sun is too massive...

Gravitational perturbations by the other planets (particularly Venus and Jupiter) would prevent it from remaining at the L3 Lagrange point. The gravity of Earth and the Sun are irrelevant to this discussion.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Interesting theory.
Remindes me of a little saying

"As above, So below"

PLPL

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

its not "impossible" for this parallel earth to be there and as i said before it would be around 93 million miles away from the sun,just like we are and it would be 186 million miles away from us, so its gravity would not effect us or the sun at all,we are too far away and the sun is too massive...

Gravitational perturbations by the other planets (particularly Venus and Jupiter) would prevent it from remaining at the L3 Lagrange point. The gravity of Earth and the Sun are irrelevant to this discussion.
try finding any information about how much the earths gravity effects the sun...i could'nt find anything. the earths diameter is 7,926 miles,the suns diameter is 865,000 miles! and its 93 million miles away. so what effect does the earth have on the sun?...just about nothing...a parallel earth,with parallel opposites/mirrors of ourselves,who are telepathically connected with us, on the other side of the sun is hypothetically possible and would help to explain all those weird dreams we all keep having that seem just a little too real...
edit on 11-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Even if it is so perfectly situated that nobody can see it from Earth - it will still have gravity and thus influence orbits of objects in Solar system. So it is not possible.
hi...influence what objects? if these two planets were perfectly opposite eachother,nothing would be effected. the sun is too massive to show any gravitational differences and if so, they would be too small for us to notice them,not to mention the fact that the sun is so bright that we cant even look at it and venus and mars are too far away to be effected in any large ,obvious way...
edit on 10-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

www.badastronomy.com...

I bet you have not even taken a astronomy class.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hello ATS this my first post/reply as you can tell. I will get around to the introduction thread, I just saw this and have one question. You are suggesting there could be another earth, but why would everything be opposite from us just because it is on the other side of the sun? Wouldn't that be another dimension.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yes and no, If it is on the exact opposite side of the sun, all of our calculations are based on observations, forget about that crap they tell you about knowing densities and gravities...It's all horse crap. Every astronomical prediction that had gone beyond their previously observed length of time was wrong and required reworking of the compositions and variables. So yes you would think that it would prevent there from being an earth on the opposite side of the Sun, but it doesn't; however, we have sent jupiter missions, etc... that have gone far enough out from the earth that we could see the opposite side of the sun, not to mention that during full eclipses, we have seen light that was bent around the sun due to gravities affects on space and there was no planet there, stars yes, but no planet.

So IS there a planet just like earth on the other side of the sun? Not in this dimension. Is it because it would have a gravitational influence that we would be able to detect. Not likely. At least not up to this point.

Jaden
edit on 11-9-2011 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymouth
You have been watching Space:1999 haven't you?

The Last Enemy

edit on 10-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)
no...i have'nt seen that show in a long time.it use to be my favorite sci-fi series and i even liked it a little better than the original star trek...

I have the original space:1999 on vhs the first mission and the first mission of the 2nd season. Used to watch it when I was a kid. A pity here it is already 2011 and no moon base like alpha...or at least none that is known..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keep1eyeup
Hello ATS this my first post/reply as you can tell. I will get around to the introduction thread, I just saw this and have one question. You are suggesting there could be another earth, but why would everything be opposite from us just because it is on the other side of the sun? Wouldn't that be another dimension.
hi and thanx for choosing your first post to be here...a parallel earth would be the same as ours,existing in the same space,a planet that we could actually fly through space and land on.if it existed in another dimension like the 4th,then we would'nt be able to see it or travel there,it would exist in another vibrational frequency upon another wave length and maybe it does.i think i might be using the wrong word whenever i say opposite,the people that inhabit this parallel planet on the other side of the sun,would be living differently to us, having taken different historical and technological pathways to us here,not opposite,but different.we would find our parallel selves living there,but they would be doing different things and using different inventions.the people here and their parallel counterparts there would telepathically connect in dreams,as well as when we die here,we will die there,a death brought about from a different set of circumstances,but occuring simultaneously...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Very interesting though
it's very confusing though. When you said that that maybe where we go when we dream struck me. Because, a couple of nights ago i had a dream that i was with my Dad i dont even know his name and have never seen him before in my life, but i found out his name in a dream and now i have forgotten it, i told my nan and she said that was what he looked like
So maybe where your coming from about that aspect can be very true - maybe in this other world behind the sun is where we go when we dream, maybe my dad never choose to go back to Germany in that world and he stayed?
There have been so many countless times when Ive wondered if my life is a dream and what if there was really no such thing as reality. What if everyone i know is just a figment of my imagination and im just a thought projection of myself?
People can get really deep into this kind of thing, and it can be very thought-provoking what philosophical things can be said that just blow peoples minds when on this subject.
I thank you for posting it
Looking forward to reading your future posts

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Isaac Asimov
"Nemesis"

en.wikipedia.org...(Isaac_Asimov_novel)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
"everything is taking place within our brains and nowhere else" and think about it...the things i do here on this earth during my days and nights, the places i go and the people i meet ,are the dreams i dream while asleep on the parallel earth and the things i do on the parallel earth during my days and nights,the places i go and the people i meet there are the dreams i dream while asleep here on this earth...its unbelievable and this idea just "came to me" that this could be true,actual reality and a truly mind blowing one at that...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

As I said before, this is a nice idea.
I agree to a point about dreams being an actual reality taking place somewhere else although I'm not putting that forward as a serious theory as I do not have any evidence, it's just an idea to me.

I don't think that there is another earth opposite us because of the physical reasons given here as to how that would either be impossible, or impossible to hide.

Also I disagree with the extremely tight psychic (for want of a better term) coupling with ourselves and the theoretical other ourselves due to the logical problems that brings, for example...

If I am suddenly woken up, like say by a loud noise, then by your logic my 'counterpart' would just drop down asleep on the spot, what if they're driving? or come to think of it doing just about anything, you don't often just collapse down asleep in the middle of an activity but this would happen all the time in your theory.

Don't take this as harsh criticism, but I see this as a nice fantasy, but not a reality.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
how often are we jolted out of sleep and made fully awake by a loud noise? not often and speaking for myself its probably happened to me about once or twice in the last year and maybe my parallel self was simultaneously knocked out or even passed out from something...and...go outside and look up at the sun and you'll start to be blinded in about 1 to 2 seconds! we cant even look at it and i'll say it again..."any object in the area around the sun "cannot" be detected by any ground based observations,so,if space based observations actually did detect another planet opposite us behind the sun,i seriously doubt that the general public would ever be told about it...
edit on 12-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I agree to a point about dreams being an actual reality taking place somewhere else although I'm not putting that forward as a serious theory as I do not have any evidence, it's just an idea to me.

It's certainly an interesting idea, particularly with respect to lucid dreams. I have had quite a few of those in my time (including one last night), but unfortunately they do not last very long. Nevertheless, they are stunning as far as detail and clarity are concerned (I even remember deliberately blinking several times in the one last night). Colours seem much more vibrant and "alive" (for want of a better term) in lucid dreams, and there is something very different about them when compared to normal dreams. It's also interesting to note that I was in a relatively busy establishment in my dream last night (a detailed bar/lounge area with multiple huge video screens on the walls that were displaying very detailed virtual reality scenes), but the only people that I recognised were three relatives who all died last year (my mother's 48 year old cousin, and her mother and father; I attended all three funerals).

I am quite prepared to believe that lucid dreams are something rather special.....
edit on 12-9-2011 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I see what you're saying but I do think we'd know about the planet.
I don't think that having other incarnated selves (for want of a better term) requires them to be on a planet on the other side of the sun, or that our awake / sleep cycles need to be exactly in sync either.

Can I ask again, are you putting this forward as a "wouldn't it be cool if..." kind of thought experiment idea or do you have some evidence that this is the case, other than that it's not impossible in your opinion?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
as i have said before, this is a hypothetical theory that might be true and would explain a lot of strange things that i wrote about in my opening paragraph on page one and show me the "proof of hard evidence" for the reality of...bigfoot, ghosts, poltergeists, elves, faries, ufos, demons, shadow people, men in balck, flying saucers, werewolves, lake monsters ect,ect,ect...and yet these things are seen and encountered all the time, all over the world...wheres the proof of god?....i'm waiting...
edit on 12-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join