It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Parallel Earth On The Other Side Of The Sun?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Your post is not really original it's from an old Sci Fi movie.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I dreamt that this other Earth does not exist on the other side of the sun. So I guess that settles it since my dreams are just as credible as anyone else.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Unless the average sleeping time in 24 hours each day equals 12 hours precisely, you end up with one world mostly awake and one world mostly asleep. That's where this whole thought model fails in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Your plot is from the movie Another Earth... You should be honest and say were it came from...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it's called Gor, and there are lots of women in bikini's there. sry, couldn't resist, I read all of the books when I was like 14 years old
really!...my foots already out the door!

glad you have a sense of humor !

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Definitely from that movie which I saw as a kid.

What's rediculous is that astronomers have never found this situation. Our solar system does not have this scenario with other planets nor would this ever be possible. Two planets of equal mass (impossible) on the same orbital plane (impossible to sustain) so as to be invisible to each other because of the star they orbit is in the way is incredibly impossible to occur. Every planet has its own unique orbit inflence every moment by new dust, meteroites and other influences from outside entering its mass. Two dust particles cannot drop onto each planet equally and thus, two planets cannot have the same mass. Not having the same mass means they cannot orbit exactly in lock-step.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes another planet would affect the orbits of all the other planets. No matter what you think. It doesn't make any difference if it is perfectly opposite us.

Anyway, ignoring that...hot and cold, up and down, in and out, high and low, short and tall, slow and fast, soft and hard, night and day, summer and winter, love and hate, war and peace, life and death etc. would all be the same on that planet. Being on the other side of the sun isn't going to completely alter reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by southbeach
Your post is not really original it's from an old Sci Fi movie.
and as i said "if anyone reads the posts" that its, journey to the far side of the sun-1969...i've never seen or heard about it before someone mentioned a similar thing in a movie and i found out what it is by "reading" through search engine links and by "reading" i found this > ..www.imdb.com...
edit on 11-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonaire
Definitely from that movie which I saw as a kid.

What's rediculous is that astronomers have never found this situation. Our solar system does not have this scenario with other planets nor would this ever be possible. Two planets of equal mass (impossible) on the same orbital plane (impossible to sustain) so as to be invisible to each other because of the star they orbit is in the way is incredibly impossible to occur. Every planet has its own unique orbit inflence every moment by new dust, meteroites and other influences from outside entering its mass. Two dust particles cannot drop onto each planet equally and thus, two planets cannot have the same mass. Not having the same mass means they cannot orbit exactly in lock-step.
no its not "impossible" and this other earth would be 186,000,000 miles away from us and "if" it was discovered by nasa or whoever...they would'nt tell the general public a damn thing and perhaps the people of this planet found a way to cloak their planet within some kind of force shield, so it would be invisible to our technology and equipment,so they wont ever have to deal with us spreading the evil cancer of our destructive and war like ways upon their world...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapnSnazz
I dreamt that this other Earth does not exist on the other side of the sun. So I guess that settles it since my dreams are just as credible as anyone else.
and the parallel you fell asleep as you awakened from your dream here and he dreamed there about how no other earth could be on the other side of the sun...its best that way anyways,we would just end up going to war with them,its what we do best, kill and control and impose our iron will, unless they have nuclear weapons,then we would'nt do anything to them...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

spinning your question around, our gravity affects local planets mars and venus, how do you explain that one?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Unless the average sleeping time in 24 hours each day equals 12 hours precisely, you end up with one world mostly awake and one world mostly asleep. That's where this whole thought model fails in my eyes.
i don't get your point at all ??? ^^^ some days people sleep 6hrs,some days 8hrs and some days 12hrs and when their sick they sleep for 20 hrs and the parallel counterparts are sleeping the opposite number of hours each day,theres no reason why they would'nt be and we've all slept for 10 or 12 hrs before right? i bet a lot of lazy people sleep for 10 or 12 hrs every day,so their parallel counterpart must be just as lazy.as far as i go, i sleep only 5 or 6 hrs every day unless i'm sick, so my parallel counterpart must be sick all the time or lazy...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by blocula

Your plot is from the movie Another Earth... You should be honest and say were it came from...

no its not from this movie en.wikipedia.org... i have'nt seen it and did'nt read about it either and the story is'nt the same as my theory anyways...if anything, they ripped off journey to the far side of the sun-1969 > www.imdb.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000
reply to post by blocula

spinning your question around, our gravity affects local planets mars and venus, how do you explain that one?
these planets are sooo many millions of miles away from eachother that i don't think they are really effecting each other gravitationally at all and if they do, its very,very little...jupiter is massive and what does it do to us...nothing much...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
People saying this is like the movie Another Earth are way off, in Another Earth the parallel Earth was right next to them all along, but in another dimension where something happened and the entire planet's vibration became like our dimensional vibration and it then appears in the sky. If you don't beleive it then please go to the website and read.
Look under the part about "The Science Behind Another Earth"
edit on 11-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

Also if you watch the trailer you can see that the Earth materializes next to our Earth, It doesn't "Come from out there in space" but simply starts materializing.
edit on 11-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: add more

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Interesting concept... except if an alternate Earth existed, I don't believe it would be behind the sun but rather in a different dimension.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Could very well be but would doubt it's 3D like ours and....on the other side of our Sun though. Why? Maybe our entire universe is mirrored some place else.

But I've often wondered about the dream part though. Where exactly are we (our spirit-mind-sub conscious) when we dream? Somehow I don't think we dream as a result of an 'active brain' recounting random things its taken in.

I do believe our dreams are real and exist (or played out) in another world, dimension or time-line.

So many mysteries. So little time. Nice post!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think this is an interesting sci-fi plot, and is the kind of fantasy I like to read.
But this is not a practical reality.

I'm going to ask the obvious question, are you posting all this as a thought exercise or do you believe that what you are saying is correct?

In the case of the former, awesome job, good thread.
In the case of the latter, why do you think this is true? and why do you dismiss all the evidence people have put forward to suggest that this can't happen?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There's not a parallel earth.

Why would there be?

Don't you think that we would have seen other parallel planets in this solar system and in other ones. Or do you think Earth is one of a kind?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This was a movie in 1969 with Roy Thinnes Journey to the far side of the Sun,
A planet is discovered in the same orbit as Earth's but is located on the exact opposite side of the sun, making it not visible from Earth. The European Space Exploration Council decide to send American astronaut Glenn Ross and British scientist John Kane via spaceship to explore the other planet. After a disastrous crash-landing Ross awakes to learn that Kane lies near death and that they apparently have returned to Earth, as evidenced by the presence of the Council director and his staff. Released to the custody of his wife, he soon learns things are not as they seem

I think a lot of people are getting Science Fiction movies with facts

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join