It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Parallel Earth On The Other Side Of The Sun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Nice paradox, you claim opposites in history yet you say when you die here you die there. How can this be the case?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

coming out soon? it said it was came out in July?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Wow, Thought I was the only one who read those. Gor, counter Earth. John Norman was the author, great books by the way.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

You presume 'they', not 'we', would tell 'you'. What motivation would they have in telling you when they have no motivation to tell you 90 Percent of what they have found to begin with? A bit naive, and most of Humanity is.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yes Gor is the greatest series of books ever.

edit on 11-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Can you show us mathematically how the forces would make it unstable for another planet to be at that location?

Every planet gravitationally perturbs the others. It would be impossible for another planet to stay perfectly positioned behind the Sun, and sharing Earth's orbit. Whether you want mathematical proof of this or not is irrelevant. It is a FACT.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Also keep in mind that for it to hide like this it would have to be in a position on the orbit that tied it directly to earth on a line drawn through the center of the sun. The problem here is that the speed of orbit is not constant as we draw near to the sun we speed up, and as we pull away we slow down. Unfortunately this other earth would have to do just the opposite to keep directly behind the sun. otherwise as it was coming out from behind the sun going full speed we would be at the far end of the elliptical orbit going very slow, and it would pop out from behind the sun as we slowly pick up speed on our way back in. For this idea to work it requires the orbital path be a perfect circle and the orbital speed be constant.

Use the JPL orbit diagram tool, or get one of those free solar sandbox program type of things. Lay out the orbit of the earth and the sun “in scale”, now go to the Perihelion and set it as your start point. Next either jump forward or backward to the nearest aphelion and set it as a new start point. Now, look directly down on this from galactic north, run the simulations at the same time. Notice if you draw a line between the 2 “earths” they do not constantly connect through the center of the sun. As they speed up and slow down through the elliptical orbit this line of sight does not remain constant.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This is a fun idea explored in science fiction, but there's one thing all these alternate earth stories fail to take into consideration: free will.

If there is another earth out there with another me, that means there's another set of my parents as well. For my parents to be together, there were very specific circumstances that had to come into play for them to meet, procreate, etc. Their parents as well, and theirs and so on for dozens/hundreds of generations. One small change anywhere and there isn't an alternate me.

So either everyone on the two worlds would have to act exactly in parallel, or there would be completely different people over there. If they are essentially mirror images to us, acting in tandem, then neither of us really has free will because if we both have to make the same decisions, neither of us really 'decide' anything at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

now here's where it gets really interesting.as i mentioned above,the people that live on this other world are you and me and what i mean is this.whenever i fall asleep and start to dream,i am dreaming about what i'm doing on this parallel earth when i am awake and when i fall asleep on this parallel earth,i dream about what i am doing here when i'm awake and this is the meaning of our dreams,what they really are.the things i do there i dream about here and the things i do here i dream about there.when i'm awakening there i'm falling asleep here and when i'm falling asleep here i'm awakening there.our parallel selves may somehow actually be telepathically connected,subliminally aware of eachother and interacting outside the area of conscious awareness.when i was born there,i was born here and when i die there,i will die here.

I like this theory but....

Dont you release small amounts of '___' when you dream? Ive tried '___' and trust me the realm(s) you visit are nothing like planet earth.

edit on 11-9-2011 by tizza2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
it's called Gor, and there are lots of women in bikini's there.

So why is it that I rarely, if ever, see women in bikinis in my dreams?

My highly analytical mind is calling BS on this.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, if youre current on your bible studies, the Lord's children will be given a new heaven and a new earth after this one is destroyed, in other words we get a new world. It's anyones guess where that world is though. Its almost kinda like that Nicholas Cage movie called "the knowing".

I think that world is out of our dimension. Humans often have the misconception that we can see and know everything the way it is in our eyes. I believe our minds are tiny in comparison to what the universe and God have to offer, and that is why we can't see everything the way it really is. Our minds probably couldn't comprehend it. We know that God's light is too bright for us but I believe it is more than that.
We don't have the capacity to understand how time only exists in our dimension. It is impossible for us to understand something that has no beginning and no end. But that is what the universe is so it makes sense that the creator would be the same.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Well, if youre current on your bible studies, the Lord's children will be given a new heaven and a new earth after this one is destroyed, in other words we get a new world. It's anyones guess where that world is though. Its almost kinda like that Nicholas Cage movie called "the knowing".

My understanding is that the New Heavens and New Earth, just like wilderness is a parallel dimension.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

AARGH!! I can't remember the title of it, but you are almost describing the plot of a sci-fi movie from the 70's. It was a mirror world and the protagonist realized he had crashlanded on a different world by noticing that his boss was now lefthanded instead of righthanded.

It was actually in '69 'Doppelganger', British Release. The U.S. release was called 'Journey to the Far Side of the Sun'.
edit on 11-9-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: found further info

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget

Can you show us mathematically how the forces would make it unstable for another planet to be at that location?

Every planet gravitationally perturbs the others. It would be impossible for another planet to stay perfectly positioned behind the Sun, and sharing Earth's orbit. Whether you want mathematical proof of this or not is irrelevant. It is a FACT.
"it would be impossible"...just like they said it would be impossible to fly in the sky,or sail around the world,or go to the moon,ect,ect and its not "impossible" for this parallel earth to be there and as i said before it would be around 93 million miles away from the sun,just like we are and it would be 186 million miles away from us, so its gravity would not effect us or the sun at all,we are too far away and the sun is too massive...
edit on 11-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Ive had an experience of being in another body. Maybe it was this Parallel World. Good times.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus
This is a fun idea explored in science fiction, but there's one thing all these alternate earth stories fail to take into consideration: free will.

If there is another earth out there with another me, that means there's another set of my parents as well. For my parents to be together, there were very specific circumstances that had to come into play for them to meet, procreate, etc. Their parents as well, and theirs and so on for dozens/hundreds of generations. One small change anywhere and there isn't an alternate me.

So either everyone on the two worlds would have to act exactly in parallel, or there would be completely different people over there. If they are essentially mirror images to us, acting in tandem, then neither of us really has free will because if we both have to make the same decisions, neither of us really 'decide' anything at all.
our parents on this other world still could have met each other,why wouldnt they? it does'nt matter what they were doing or what kind of lives they were leading and if they were doing totally different things on this other earth they still could have met eachother and yes there are the same people on this hypothetical parallel earth,just living different lives,doing different things,following along a different line of history.napoleon lost at waterloo here,well over there he may have won and everything afterwards would turn out differently,but the same people would still be there...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Engafan
Sounds like the 1969 movie called Doppelgänger.

Yes i remember that film it was a cracker.That was the first thing i thought of when i read the op.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200457
Nice paradox, you claim opposites in history yet you say when you die here you die there. How can this be the case?
yeah thats right,when we die here we die there,under a different set of circumstances.here i fall out a window and die "at the same moment" that the other me has a heart attack...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Back in the 1970's, there was a movie made based on this line of thought. It was called "Journey to the Far Side of the Sun". Check it out !

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by blocula

That was the basis of a movie from many years ago. Sorry cannot remember movie's name.

The jist is an astonaut leaves earth to circle the sun taking 1 year. Half way around he reaches another parallel earth. They question him as to why the trip only took 6 months. Turns out another astronaut (himself from the parallel earth) took of on the same mission at exactly the same time.

If anyone remebers the name of the movie please do tell.

reply to post by Blastoff

What about men & women & making love plus pregnancy.

Know I'm scared?
edit on 10-9-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)
here it is "journey to the far side of the sun" 1969...although i'm a fan of these kinds of 50s and 60s movies,i've never seen this one,but i'll go out of my way to see it now > www.imdb.com...
taking the time to read through all the interesting comments and replies would have revealed ^^^
edit on 11-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join