It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Parallel Earth On The Other Side Of The Sun?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This isn't that movie another Earth but hell these days, I'll believe anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
i pondered the same thing yesterday night

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What nonsense
The only thing on the other side of the sun is the planetoid spaceship known as Gor where the priest kings live and abduct humans now and then to populate their medieval style world...The planet is about 2/3rds our size, so the gravity is less. The landmass is far more though (less vast oceans). The approximate age is around 4-500 years old as they do have advanced medicine, however, they have no cars, no planes, no guns, no armor even..just sword and muscle and the strong shall survive and rule...it is the rule of the priest kings.

Fantasy is fun.

edit on 10-9-2011 by SaturnFX because: Priest Kings demanded citation

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's a cool idea, though I don't think it has much weight.
I do believe in parallel universes though. Possibly even similar galaxies, where there is a sun and planets in orbit in which there is an earth like planet, which harbors similar traits to ours. Either way, all this interests me, so thanks for a topic of discussion.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If everything has opposites then why are you positing that Earth is the only planet in the solar system with a counterpart on the opposite side of the Sun? Wouldn't every planet have one?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Even if it is so perfectly situated that nobody can see it from Earth - it will still have gravity and thus influence orbits of objects in Solar system. So it is not possible.
hi...influence what objects? if these two planets were perfectly opposite eachother,nothing would be effected. the sun is too massive to show any gravitational differences and if so, they would be too small for us to notice them,not to mention the fact that the sun is so bright that we cant even look at it and venus and mars are too far away to be effected in any large ,obvious way...
edit on 10-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Influence everything we have sent into space. And the moons of Mars, Jupiter, and everything else in the solar system/

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by Lighterside

Hmm.

I'll agree although personally, I've slept for between 8-14 hours regularly for a few years now with the higher number of hours being more the norm these days.
ever notice that we cannot stop sleep,no matter how hard we try we are forced to fall asleep, because we are waking up on the parallel earth and i've stayed up for three days before,hmmmm i wonder why? i must have been sick for three days and recovering asleep on the parallel earth...for three days...some days i sleep 12 hrs,some days 4 hrs some days not at all. this is starting to make a little sense now...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Dog ate the homework... again?

It is physically impossible for there to be a planet in an orbit opposite Earth's. It does not require NASA to demonstrate that.
how is this impossible? this other earth would be 93 million miles x 2 away from us, the two earths would be roughly 186 million miles away from eachother at all times...theres nothing stopping this other earth from being there...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well if that's the case then I guess you could say that's a place of good & bad. Because when i dream on this Earth I have lots of sex with woman I've only seen before
Pretty sure my wife does not like me on the other Earth.

I've also died probably 20 times doing stupid # & have experienced tidal waves 100ft high.

I think this place is a little safer for me.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes there is. It's called orbital mechanics.
The gravitational forces involved make the location 180º from Earth an unstable location. It's called the L3 point. No object could remain there. The influence of Venus would prevent it.
edit on 9/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

The gravitational forces involved make the location 180º from Earth an unstable location. It's called the L3 point. No object could remain there. The influence of Venus would prevent it.

Can you show us mathematically how the forces would make it unstable for another planet to be at that location?

No?

Case in point Phage.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Well if that's the case then I guess you could say that's a place of good & bad. Because when i dream on this Earth I have lots of sex with woman I've only seen before
Pretty sure my wife does not like me on the other Earth.

I've also died probably 20 times doing stupid # & have experienced tidal waves 100ft high.

I think this place is a little safer for me.
maybe this other planet is a hell planet. sure seems like it might be, i have had some terrifying and sinister nightmares. but then again i have had a lot of dreams that were happy and beautiful and i did not want to wake up from them...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would like to read more into this subject!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
maybe this parallel earth on the other side of the sun is invisible to our five senses. or perhaps the people living there have found a way to cloak their entire planet,shroud it within some type of force field that renders it undetectable to our technology,so they wont have to worry about us bringing our war like ways upon their world...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

reply to post by blocula

Can you show us mathematically how the forces would make it unstable for another planet to be at that location?

No?

Case in point Phage.

Yes because we all would so get the math?
HAHAHA my brain hurts just thinking about that kind of math.

Seriously I don't think it's possible for there to be anything in that orbit, maybe it is impossible, I am more likely to think it's right beside us but in a different vibrational tone, and maybe if we started to reach that vibration or the parallel earth reached our vibration, by some miracle or interference, then maybe we'd see it, but it also would not affect us at all until it did reach our vibrational tone or vice versa. If you watch some of the very informative bbc documentaries on parallel worlds this is explained in detail.

There you are interesting stuff...

edit on 10-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: ahhhhhhhhh spelling!!!! UGH!

edit on 10-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: added a link

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

maybe this parallel earth on the other side of the sun is invisible to our five senses. or perhaps the people living there have found a way to cloak their entire planet,shroud it within some type of force field that renders it undetectable to our technology,so they wont have to worry about us bringing our war like ways upon their world...
just the fact that we are here on this earth, makes it a posibility that there is another one...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Well the basic formula is this Fg = G*m1*m2/d^2, where G is the gravitational constant, m1 and m2 are the masses of the objects and d is the distance between them. By applying the formula to the Earth, Sun, and a third object you will find that at the point 180º from Earth's orbit the gravitational forces balance the angular momentum of an object at that location. The problem is that it's a delicate balance, an object at the L3 point has to be in exactly the right spot. Any slight push (like from Venus passing by) would bump it out of position.

You want the detailed math? Here you go.
www.physics.montana.edu...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is a movie, it's called "Another Earth". I do believe there is another earth though and at this moment it is not inhabited. The Bible tells me that God created another earth for after the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ on this earth. Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and first earth had passed away; and there was no more sea.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by Lighterside

Hmm.

I'll agree although personally, I've slept for between 8-14 hours regularly for a few years now with the higher number of hours being more the norm these days.
ever notice that we cannot stop sleep,no matter how hard we try we are forced to fall asleep, because we are waking up on the parallel earth and i've stayed up for three days before,hmmmm i wonder why? i must have been sick for three days and recovering asleep on the parallel earth...for three days...some days i sleep 12 hrs,some days 4 hrs some days not at all. this is starting to make a little sense now...

You mean 'they' stay awake for only 8-10 hours?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I love me some thralls!!
Second.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join