It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Parallel Earth On The Other Side Of The Sun?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have to keep remembering that many of the threads on ATS these days are very similar to many of TV's sitcoms and all of today's rash of reality shows.

I used to detest Carl Sagon for being such a social gad-fly scientists and UFO turncoat, but where is he now that we desperately need him? KooKo--yeah, I know the name ain't right--isn't the answer either.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Just finished reading a page about the CHANI Project and yeah, far fetched or reality, somehow it makes a lot of sense in ways and it's all coming supposedly from an entity living as a student of our solar system on a parallel Earth when our time lines crossed over into one another between 1994 and 1999 until they lost contact with the entity:

thechaniproject.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There's a movie coming out about it, I think it's about girl who wins a ticket to visit the parallel Earth.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What I would think is far more likely? That possibly Mars and or other planets in the Solar system may be populated. Or were populated anyway. And if you consider the following link and this 2001 crop circle it seems to make a interesting claim. That the Earth, Mars, and the moons of Jupiter are inhabited.

Chilbolton Crop Circle

Possibly we may be outnumbered.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

There are quite a few logical flaws in this fictional theory of yours, the biggest being that we don't sleep for 12 hours a day (well most of us). So over there we would have to be sleeping for 16-18 hours if we were sleeping here for 6-8 hours.

Though I will say, this could be a good premise for a sci-fi story, (once you fix the biggest logical flaws so that it would be somewhat believable)

Don't worry, I can't wait for season 4 of Fringe either!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Hmm.

I'll agree although personally, I've slept for between 8-14 hours regularly for a few years now with the higher number of hours being more the norm these days.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The planet's name is Clarion. The people there speak perfect English and all attend church on Sundays. They are the source of UFOs. Truman Bethurum wrote aboput Clarion in the fifties. He knows all this because of being visited by Captain Aura Rhanes, a hot Latin woman who wore a red dress and a black blouse, and wore a beanie cap at a jaunty angle. She was mentioned as a co-respondent in Bethurum's divorce petition. One of his books is "Aboard a Flying Saucer" (1954) Here's a complete review of the book I did a few years ago here on ATS, which earned the wrath of John Lear, whi did not appreciate me calling Aura Rhanes "hot."

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by blocula

Interesting thought, too bad we have so many probes and space exploring vehicles by now that would have detected it.

Even if the planet WAS detected, you can forget the idea that NASA and government would release this information to the public.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Dog ate the homework... again?

It is physically impossible for there to be a planet in an orbit opposite Earth's. It does not require NASA to demonstrate that.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It is physically impossible for there to be a planet in an orbit opposite Earth's. It does not require NASA to demonstrate that.

You couldn't try being less condescending there Overlord of NASA Knowledge?

Everyone knows dogs aren't real, it was a 5th dimensional entity created by reptilians to oversee the beginning of the New World Order as stated in the original religious doctrine, The Book of Thoth.

I can see how long nights studying and debunking can be distracting though sir.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If this is the case then all my dreams make sense. I have wondered why some of my dreams come true while others don't. This means this other earth has had to much worse off than us here. I have dreamed of nukes, comet impacts and in general choas. In one of my dreams I was in a shelter due to severe flooding and the water started coming to the shelter which was in a mall. I had a dream where I walked into another dimsension where a mall that is now pretty much abandoned was very busy. If my dreams are really true in another earth I feel very sorry for them. Maybe that is why so many people are always looking out for diasters but don't you think if it was opposite that would mean it was calm over there.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Physically impossible? A long time ago black holes were seen as dark vacuums and now are said to be worm holes. Space travel was seen as impossible too.

Physics laws are meant to be broken or even bent. How do you know FOR CERTAIN, because I know you "have" a phD in Physics, to tell me and ATS members that it is impossible. What are your credentials for proving your case?

And yes, NASA and the government OWN the technology to explore space and take pictures and videos of it (even those of highly sensitive nature). So don't tell me it doesn't require NASA to demonstrate this because it does.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Oooooo that was ME! But don't worry, I won't do it again. (And trust me, no one would want me to.....)

(ha. no. see my signature.....)
edit on 10-9-2011 by simone50m because: this and that

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

reply to post by blocula

Interesting thought, too bad we have so many probes and space exploring vehicles by now that would have detected it.

Even if the planet WAS detected, you can forget the idea that NASA and government would release this information to the public.

Who is "the government"? You are aware that also other countries (japan, russia, china) etc. have a space program...as well as science. So...only theoretical thinking that NASA would "hide" such a discovery...would be a retarded thought since the japanese or chinese would surely find out also..and NASA would look stupid not having revealed the discovery if japan or the chinese would go public with it.

Sometimes (Uhm, i man MOSTLY) i cannot follow you "conspiracy people's" logic...

edit on 10-9-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

reply to post by blocula

Who is "the government"? You are aware that also other countries (japan, russia, china) etc. have a space program...as well as science. So...only theoretical thinking that NASA would "hide" such a discovery...would be a retarded thought since the japanese or chinese would surely find out also..and NASA would look stupid not having revealed the discovery if japan or the chinese would go public with it.

Sometimes (Uhm, i man MOSTLY) i cannot follow you "conspiracy people's" logic...

edit on 10-9-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

That's why I mentioned a few times over the months on here that everything seems to be so arrogantly US-centric when it comes to conspiracy theories.

Hey America, Copernicus called, you are NOT the centre of the universe.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

But in the bible, it says that America is the center of the universe.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah I think NeoVain is right.
Just because it's exactly parallel does not make it undetectable.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m

But in the bible, it says that America is the center of the universe.

sometimes it seems that way doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Even if it is so perfectly situated that nobody can see it from Earth - it will still have gravity and thus influence orbits of objects in Solar system. So it is not possible.
hi...influence what objects? if these two planets were perfectly opposite each other,nothing would be effected. the sun is too massive to show any gravitational differences and if so, they would be too small for us to notice them,not to mention the fact that the sun is so bright that we cant even look at it and venus and mars are too far away to be effected in any large ,obvious way...
edit on 10-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

We detect planets around other distant stars by measuring a wobble in the star. Solar observatories very much look at the sun with "dark" filters.
That doesn't"prove" anything but neither does a sleepers dream...

Besides we just might pickup their alternate versions of "Jersey shore" television. broadcast; we are so close there would only be about 20minutes minutes lag between broadcast and us picking it up.

edit on 10-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

On 14 November 1999, they lost contact, hmmm that's my baby girls birthday. Maybe it was her spirit having a little fun with them lol. I mean being born would certainly end the communications. LOL! I know my girl is a trickster. Okay I am just kidding but the date really did strike me. Crazy coincidence!
I am still reading this looks interesting albeit farfetched, I still love a good story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join