It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The founding fathers fraud the biggest scam since religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
People need to stop trying to hypothesize what the founding fathers thought behind the lines of their writings with 21st century thinking. It will never pan out. We are of a different time and America has strayed (or if you will evolved) with the times. Do Governments and powerful individuals/Groups create conspiracies, yes they do. But for the most part, they want to see them come to fruition within the lifetimes. That’s just human. It is what it is.

This is just like saying you know how others in the World feel though you have never been in their shoes, much less their country.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Yes, a Bill of Rights, the first ten Amendments that protected the individual from acts of the government, was incorporated into the Constitution. But other promised reforms that would have restricted private power -- the capitalists and their corporations -- were ignored.

Corporations did not exist at the founding of the nation. I believe it was in the mid 1800's that land trusts formed and were precursors to the modern corporation.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

I mean seemed like a lot of double standards behind it. "All men are born equal" - thomas jefferson....slave owner, (does anyone else see anything wrong with that? or am i the only one?)

did ya ever stop to consider that maybe some of them wanted to be slaves?

some would rather live the high life as a slave to a rich family that treats them like one of their own,

as opposed to living life as a free vagabond that has nothing, cant find a job, and dies at an early age.

.............bad taste man.

taste?

it was reality back then

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I would rather be free, than a "slave with nice things" which is what i am now.
Plus, if the system wasn't corrupt, for one, there would have been no slaves, and 2, they would have been able to find actual paid work.
Abe lincoln even said, he wouldn't have freed the slaves if he didn't have to.

People thought this is seemingly the only option available, such as the bleak, be a slave or be free with nothing.
I want many options, and it was due to being divided, that people only had so few options.

Yes and i think it was one of ProtoplasmicTraveler discussions that i read back in 08.
The founding fathers, were probably agents of the crown sent in to distract us from the real issues, there's so much left out in history, most of it could be wrong.

edit on 10-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

how old are you again?

150+???

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Fraud? No..Imperfect? Yes..

TJ's Answer to this as always? As Follows:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Up to us my friends... Not our leaders.. Peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Brown
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

They did not "desire" slavery, or wish to remain enslaved. No human being does. Making the best of an inescapable and awful situation does not constitute approval or desire, it is simply survival.

i assure you that was the perspective of the vast majority of slaves in those times.

your looking at this from a post-civil-rights-era point of view, and im just being realistic. in order to "make the best of" a situation, or label it "awful/inescapable" you have to have the notion of a better situation to compare it to. and that "better" situation didnt even begin to start LOOKING like it would exist for at least another 60 years.

they had no notion or desire for freedom, as freedom in any form was perceived as a hard life.Some have compared it to the life of a fugitive. while a few might be willing to live that life most had FAMILIES and were not willing.

im just telling it like it is.
shake your fist at history, not me. i certainly didnt write it...

edit on 10-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I fear a democracy as well. I would like to see this country start acting more like the constitutional republic that it was intended to be. The problem with a true democracy is that the have nots will for the most part endeavor to vote themselves more free stuff at the expense of the real workers, rather than working for it as the non parasites do. These lazy, non working leaches seem to be becoming the majority in this country. Makes you wonder about human nature, doesn't it?

The founders wanted to oppress the common person? They wanted a rifle in the hands of every man (and I would add every woman, now days). What do the supposed champions of the working class desire? They would like to see all arms removed from the citizens and only possesed and used by the government. They are the ones that would (and will if they get the chance) enslave you. These "liberal", "champions of the working class", "we'll set you free" hacks are feeding you a line of bull. They are feeding it to you to get your vote. Don't trade your freedom for bread and circuses.

I'm no liar - so I'll tell you that I share a surname with one of the founders and am a direct descendant of him. I'm not wealthy and have never been. I guess my Illuminati checks must have gotten lost in the mail. I've been jobless and wondered where tomorrows food for my family would come from. Ive been employed and underpaid, and wondered the same. In those times I never went on food stamps, welfare, unemployment or any other government handout. I did accept help from family and friends and have given the same to others. That is where help should come from. It's not the governments job, right, or responsibility to provide for such things.

Our constitution is what makes us who we are and our country great. We should get back to that and to who we are. I fear it's too late, and this experiment has failed. Too bad, there's nowhere left to go.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

But thoughts? Has anyone ever even bothered to question the story of the founding fathers, or have you just all went along with it?

Yes, I'm with you on this one. That's why I don't bother getting involved in political discussions on ATS, because this entire nation was so-called founded by a bunch of hypocrites, IMHO. I always had an issue with "Founding Fathers".

I mean seemed like a lot of double standards behind it. "All men are born equal" - thomas jefferson....slave owner, (does anyone else see anything wrong with that? or am i the only one?)

Nope you're not the only one, like I said IMO they (politicians) were then and still are now a bunch of hypocrites and I won't defend any of them. Just how I personally feel. Yeah, and the slave factor...please give me a break. These so-called Founding Fathers, certainly didn't mean what they said.

Seems like another case of the rich men, giving us poor folk these so called "rights". I apologize if i see right through it, but it's not that hard to weed out BS when you think about it.

No apology necessary, you're entitled to your opinions. Thanks for having the courage to put this out there

ETA
BTW, my opinions are not meant to insult or anger anyone...just my thoughts.
edit on 9/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookstwice

I have a Revolutionary Patriot in my family tree. I guess it runs in the blood...............

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

The Boston Tea Party was a Masonic Lodge dressed up to look like Indians?
If Independence was the goal - why not be forthright and demand it outright? Why go to the trouble of an elaborate ruse unless you have a much larger plan that involves getting rid of the Indians too?

This was the beginning of a more perfect union alright....more perfectly able to tax and enslave the citizenry and use the people as tools of commerce and entertainment while they rule from "ivory towers" protected by positions of nobility and influence.... and without "the people" even catching on.

I like the way you think!
Please continue.

IMO, the two of you are bold, brave and brilliant thinkers on this subject.

Both of you please continue

edit on 9/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

which is something i can't say for anyone of the people who are about to criticize him.

Being a WW2 Veteran doesn't make you infallible or smarter than anyone else, it also doesn't automatically make you wiser or give you better insight to the founding fathers. What you're doing here is called an appeal to authority, except that you're basing this man's authority solely on the fact that he served in WW2. LOT'S OF PEOPLE served in WW2, many courageous and brave but ALL still human and still capable of mistakes.

Why, why, why have both liberals and conservatives made those vile men, the Founding Fathers, into saints and their self-serving handiwork, the Constitution, a hallowed document?

Were the Founding Fathers perfect? No. But were they vile? Or were they just rich and powerful men of their day doing their best to set up a government? I'm not a big fan of the hero worship associated with the founding fathers and I am well aware that many were flawed or in their own way hypocrites but that does not make them vile or somehow make void the good ideas they had.

For example, the First Amendment is a good idea, giving people the freedom to speak, gather, exercise their religion, and also the provision to keep religion separate from government (invaluable to keeping the US from becoming a theocracy). Simply because the source of the first amendment is dubious does not mean we disregard its validity.

Another good example, the Bible. The Bible is filled with barbaric laws and horrific practices. It prohibits carrying out any work on the Sabbath by penalty of death and yet condones slavery openly, yet at the same time portions of the Bible have good moral advice. Are we to disregard TURN THE OTHER CHEEK because of the barbaric portions of the Bible?

While I do see the Founding Fathers as sort of sacred cows so-to-speak we should not disregard some of the wisdom they left behind for us simply because they were flawed and immoral men. I do not think the founding fathers or Constitution are sacred but I also do not see them as worthless or "vile" as this man does. The truth, I feel, is somewhere in between.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I would rather be free, than a "slave with nice things"

That is pretty much what our Founding Fathers said. It is foolish to accept some goofball liberal theory that our Founding Fathers were stooges for the Crown or some other such nonsense. George Washington fought alongside his soldiers in the freezing winter with almost no provisions while the Red Coats had everything they needed from the Crown. It's documented. You could check the Library of Congress. There are letters describing the bad conditions and requesting provisions.

s the Commander in Chief of the Continental Army the services and achievements of George Washington are unique in the world's history. He was much more than the Commander in Chief. He was the one necessary person, whose calm, unswerving, determined sense of patriotic duty to country, and ability put real backbone into the Revolution and kept it from collapsing or merging into a civil conflict, under the hardships and unexpected privations encountered during the eight years of war. Without General Washington at its head it could never have succeeded. His faith in the cause and his devotion to the ideals it embodied made him the symbol of America — the spirit of the Revolution.

To his utter dismay, he found that withal the imposing numbers of men before him there was not enough powder among them or available to put up even the feeblest resistance to an attack; and had the English not been so thoroughly astonished at the results of Lexington and Concord and Bunker Hill, they probably could have driven the provincial army from Boston, since they had abundant military and naval forces at their command. However, they did not know the weaknesses of the colonial troops and one of General Washington's greatest policies of military strategy grew out of this crisis when he managed to keep his enemy in ignorance of his real strength by being apparently constantly preparing to attack.

When the Revolution began and General Washington, unlike the British generals against whom he was fighting and the French generals with whom he became associated, had no powerful organized central government back of him to keep him supplied with the sinews and munitions of war, with its bureaus and departments to facilitate the conduct of military campaigns. Instead, only an elective committee represented all the Colonies. To secure supplies became the all-important issue and the never-ending struggle

www.ushistory.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Although the formal historical record lacks specifics about Washington's personal spiritual practices, his recorded public statements express views about divine authority that would be fully consistent with a man who privately communicated in prayer with his god. His "Circular Letter Addressed to the Governors of all the States on the Disbanding of the Army, June 14, 1783" is explicit

I now make it my earnest prayer that God would have you, and the State over which you preside, in his holy protection; that he would incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government, to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another, for their fellow-citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for brethren who have served in the field; and finally that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind, which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy nation.[14]

Anecdotal evidence of Washington's direct spirituality comes from the awful winter of 1777-1778 that he spent with his troops camped at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. The stories tell of a general who prayed desperately for divine guidance and support as disease and cold stole away one fourth of his troops. They also tell of a general who saw a striking vision for the future of the nation he was fighting to establish.

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Liberals have been trying to rewrite American history to reflect their twisted anti-American beliefs for some time now. They do not want the next generation of youth to understand why the Revolutionary War was fought, and the importance of the 2nd Amendment and the right of civiians to bear arms to keep the tyranny of powerful govts at bay.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
That guy Greenspan who wrote that commentary in the OP is saying we should scrap the Constitution, that it is flawed. I've heard other social lbierals spouting this before. It's a sad sad commentary on the lack of Patriotism in this country, and how easily it could be taken over from within because the Spirit of our fight for freedom has withered and the history of it tampered with. The NWO wants to do away with the Constitution because they KNOW without a doubt that it is the one think keeping America's sovereignty as a nation, and they must destroy that to bring in their One World Govt. It is that simple folks. Be wise as serpent and harmless as Doves as our beloved Jesus told us.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I fail to see how this is a liberal-conservative issue. The issue seems to be that some people, on both the right and the left, praise the founding fathers above what they deserve and regard them as almost sacred. This veteran in particular seems to regards the founding fathers as vile, I doubt you'll find many Americans, regardless of party affiliation, who would defend the idea that the founding fathers were vile. Quite simply this isn't a party issue and attempting to make it one is pretty low.

I'm not affiliated with any party and I hold positions which are both liberal and conservative (and some libertarian), I find it insulting when folks, such as yourself, decide to reduce politics to a black and white us versus them issue.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

That's fine, but look at who is trying to keep the populace from having guns? Think about it. You know who it is and always has been since the Clinton era. And look who is giving arms to drug dealers in Mexico? revisionist history is not a new thing. Antony Sutton wrote about it in his book "The Order- America's Secret Establishment". While both left and right are complicit in the NWO takeover, it has traditionally been the left who actively tries to disarm the public. Look at how this admin has treated returning vets from Iraq and Afghanistan, because they know how to use weapons and usually are patriotic. It is almost always liberals trashing the Constitution and bashing nationalism. They conveniently use Hitler as an example of why a citizenry should not be proud of their country.

One more thing, why is the Left under the Obama admin constantly ridiculing, belittling, and calling the Tea Party movement dangerous terrorists? The answer is because they are the most patriotic and willing to stand for true Liberty.
So say what thou wilt.
edit on 10-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Is it liberals who bash the Constitution? Or is it both parties who, through their actions, trash the Constitution?

As for nationalism, I see it as just another aspect of our culture that is harmless in moderation. Those who point out the dangers of taking it to the extreme have their point, nationalism in the extreme is dangerous, but a certain level of it is arguably healthy.

I would recommend watching what politicians do, not what they say, there is no reason to paint this in left-right terms, it is power versus the powerless, the lust for power and/or money has no ideological loyalty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join