It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can survive, you must remember that I love you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
A beautiful heartwarming story from the Japanese quake and tsunami...

This is a true story of Mother’s Sacrifice during the Japan Earthquake. After the Earthquake had subsided, when the rescuers reached the ruins of a young woman’s house, they saw her dead body through the cracks. But her pose was somehow strange that she knelt on her knees like a person was worshiping; her body was leaning forward, and her two hands were supporting by an object. The collapsed house had crashed her back and her head. With so many difficulties, the leader of the rescuer team put his hand through a narrow gap on the wall to reach the woman’s body. He was hoping that this woman could be still alive. However, the cold and stiff body told him that she had passed away for sure.

He and the rest of the team left this house and were going to search the next collapsed building. For some reasons, the team leader was driven by a compelling force to go back to the ruin house of the dead woman. Again, he knelt down and used his had through the narrow cracks to search the little space under the dead body. Suddenly, he screamed with excitement, “A child! There is a child!”
The whole team worked together; carefully they removed the piles of ruined objects around the dead woman. There was a 3 months old little boy wrapped in a flowery blanket under his mother’s dead body. Obviously, the woman had made an ultimate sacrifice for saving her son. When her house was falling, she used her body to make a cover to protect her son. The little boy was still sleeping peacefully when the team leader picked him up.

The medical doctor came quickly to exam the little boy. After he opened the blanket, he saw a cell phone inside the blanket. There was a text message on the screen. It said, “If you can survive, you must remember that I love you.” This cell phone was passing around from one hand to another. Every body that read the message wept. “If you can survive, you must remember that I love you.” Such is the mother’s love for her child!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Oh wow, what a beautiful story. It just goes to show that amid all that destruction and devastation there's something beatiful to be found. Love is a powerful thing. Never forget that. Thank you for sharing this OP, ill be back to S&F.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing the story and photo. It is sad that we must endure great tragedy to fully realize the beautiful love, strength and sacrifice of the of the human spirit. I hope that little boy is very blessed.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
is there a link to the original story? the pic looks kind of odd with respect to the info in the excerpt from the story. regardless, i hope the best can happen for all japanese people.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I wonder what she would say to the executives of Tokyo Power if she could speak to them now?....When can we expect to see them throwing themselves on their knives in shame for what they have done,not only to their own people and country,but to the world?...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
oprah has infiltrated ats

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

This is a beautiful heartfelt story of love, sacrifice and survival. As that baby boy grows he will know how much his mother loves him. My heart and prayers go out to the people of Japan and their difficult recovery process.

Please provide a link to the written story.....I want to read more. Thank you!

edit on 10-9-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Apparently this is a story from the Sichuan, China earthquake a few years ago rather than the more recent Japan earthquake/tsunami. Still an increadibly potent message.

Unicef slideshow

w/pic
here's a link with the above referenced picture though I don't think it's the original story.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
Apparently this is a story from the Sichuan, China earthquake a few years ago rather than the more recent Japan earthquake/tsunami. Still an increadibly potent message.

Unicef slideshow

w/pic
here's a link with the above referenced picture though I don't think it's the original story.

yet another sad example of the uninformed thinking asian people all look alike

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

They dont?...wow...now thats why i like ATS,,,you learn something new(not always correct,but new) everytime you log on....thats just too cool

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Beautiful story, brought tears to my eyes. But I can't help thinking this one will become urban legend and we'll probably never find out if it's really true.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Ginga

This is a beautiful heartfelt story of love, sacrifice and survival. As that baby boy grows he will know how much his mother loves him. My heart and prayers go out to the people of Japan and their difficult recovery process.

(I tried to edit my original post...but the time has run out)

It is now (7:44am) where I am ....and I am wondering...(I am addressing this to the author of this thread)....did you make up this story....is it fiction made up by you?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I loved this story. If it's true, then it is proof positive that a mother will do anything to safeguard her child (as if there were any question.)

reply to post by Ginga

(I tried to edit my original post...but the time has run out)

It is now (7:44am) where I am ....and I am wondering...(I am addressing this to the author of this thread)....did you make up this story....is it fiction made up by you?

I did a Google search using the first sentence in the story, and it's ALL over the web. I looked at the first half-dozen inks and none of them had attribution to a source, although in the comments readers have come to the conclusion that the story took place in China and not Japan, if it happened at all.

Still, S&F for making me cry. That's not an easy thing to do.

edit on 9/10/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/10/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I came across the story on my FB feed, and certainly didn't make it up. Having dug around a little after posting it here seems it could be from the Chinese quake, as half the Google results attribute it to that disaster and not the more recent Japanese one.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

You can't see a single face in the picture, so if you can tell the difference between Chinese and Japanese by the back of people's heads let us know how you do it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Wow, that is so touching. That is what true, pure love is all about.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That was touching., how sad she died like that.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What a beautiful story.
It just reminds me of the bond a mother and her children have and how strong that love can really be.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great story even if it isn't from Japan. A parents love is probably the highest love you can ever receive.

Originally posted by godWhisperer
yet another sad example of the uninformed thinking asian people all look alike

Kinda like when I was in the Orient and everyone was calling me an American because I was white.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join