It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the bigger beast?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

money.

money makes everything ok, doesn't it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

(if your looking for a good film to watch tonight try : www.earthlings.com... its free to watch online)

Thank you for that.

It made me cry, and cemented my culinary decisions.

We are sick as a species.

S&F
edit on 10-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I do not want to start the hunter vs anti-hunter thing but...

I like to hunt. It is the center of my being. HOWEVER, if i ain't eating it, I am not shooting it. What for?

A Lion, really? Was it attacking him and it was a matter of life or death? Does he plan on sitting down and eating the whole thing? With a side of Elephant? My guess is: no.

There are enough animals in the world which are not in danger of extinction and taste a whole lot better than lion or elephant. Granted the "manly" factor is not as high but if you depend on a dead animal for that, well......

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The other side to the story of course is the manipulation by the media. Something we must never forget when viewing a story like this.

The story tells us the hunter is a rich person.
The story also tells us he is a banker.
So the story wants us to associate anger and hatred of not only this man who shot the lion but also associate this anger and hatred with bankers and rich people.

Everything we view is becoming a form of manipulation.

When reading this story it reminded me so much of the one that we seen from the U.S. earlier in the year. This also made a point of telling us that it was 7 bankers who landed a big fish. Again many people would be upset at this celebration of landing a big fish and will again associate some of that anger with bankers.

i am not in anyway trying to defend bankers but there certainly does seem to be a very purposeful intention for us to associate animal cruelty with bankers and wealthly people.
stoking the fire.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join