It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the bigger beast?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I don't get overexcited or filled with horror and anger when a silly person throws a cat into a bin.

However this kind of story does pee me off a bit.

MILLIONAIRE banker Sir David Scholey poses by the bloody corpse of a lion after shooting it for fun on a "trophy-hunting" holiday.

Other souvenir snaps show the Tory party donor grinning as he stands in front of elephant tusks and antelope and buffalo skulls during a big game hunting trip to Zambia.

www.thesun.co.uk...

the picture in this story is very impressive. you could stare at if for ages trying to figure out how that guy thinks.

i love watching aimals. i can't understand why someone has the urge to put a bullet in them.

(if your looking for a good film to watch tonight try : www.earthlings.com... its free to watch online)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

its an ancient urge and want
were not a very old species so obviously were still going to have the survival instincts

who knows tho really,
i love to fish..but i pefer putting them back unless im eating it

i think this guy is sir david attenboroughs evil brother

edit on 10-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I would gladly hang MILLIONAIRE banker Sir David Scholey by his nutz upside down and let animals take revenge...

But that's just me.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
'sir' David Scholey. (wow i almost threw up in my mouth, sir...)

this kind of behaviour can't be tolerated by ANYONE.

why is that poachers get tried and sentenced for the same stuff this millionaire can do without any trouble?

is it because he has money?

i absolutely despise such people.
if i ever come across that bloke i'm going to club him and say: o sorry sir.... thought you were a baby seal wearing HUGE glasses.

my honest mistake.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
or mabye i can give Cheney a call, maybe he'd like to join em.

Cheney is a topnotch hunter, as we all know from a couple years back.

edit on 10-9-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
That guy is a tad sick!!! He is the bigger beast I say!

I have nothing against hunting for the purpose of gaining food and resources in a situation where it is either that or die from starvation. But the whole trophy-hunting and food-farming scenario here on earth sickens me to my core.

Oh by the way. I watched Earthlings a while back after someone posted the link on the "Bear Bile Harvesting" thread. I am now a vegan - thank you very much. Well worth a watch.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
the gross hypocracey of this stupid world,as always the rich do as they please no matter who or what get hurts,these kinda stories just make me think the collective conciousness of the animalkind must be very anti human indeed...even leading to scenarios like in alfred hitcocks "the birds'....

peace

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

as so many people have opinied from ignorance

let me put this knind of hunting in perspective

its not " the rich " doing what they want

its " the rich " paying very large somes of money - which is spent directly on conservation projects

the hunters are told which animals they are allowed to shoot - and that descision is made by the game keepers , not the hunter

and the descision made - sometimes days in advance - for various resaons - age , illness , injuries , overpolupation , threat to humans etc etc etc

so basically - the hunters are paying to do the game keepers jub - ie cull animals that need to be removed from the population - for the good of the rest .

those are the facts of modern hunting in africa

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

so in your way of thinking......... i wonder how much money the rich would have to pay to start culling some of the sick,aging,dangerous human population??? sounds like a bussiness to me...or was that just a movie a saw.....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Thanks, happy to see im not the only person that feel that way..

here is the video you linked to

Google Video Link

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

as so many people have opinied from ignorance

Oh gee...I feel so much better now after reading your reply...I feel more intelligent already !!!

Sorry Mr ape,

But those are the same people that collect stuffed baby crocodiles and turtles and pay huge amounts of money to buy stuffed animals that are on the verge of being extinct along with gorilla hands to use as ashtrays...

But nice try !

The only thing they don't have enough money to buy is a conscience.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Unless you're going to eat it don't kill it, I say. No excuse for these blood sports
Sadly it's all too popular.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Aye, it's really no different to deer stalking in Scotland.

Someone has to do it. If some rich guy with an inferiority complex and/or small penis wants to pay a fortune to be allowed to pull the trigger, instead of an underpayed gamekeeper, then what's the problem? More money all round.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I was once invited to a hunting vacation, just for fun i went with them and it was quite the thrilling experience. I can understand why people enjoy it, it's fun and a challenge. Also i guess it's just impress to have a stuffed animal in your house and saying "Yeah, i hunted it down"

Of course the reactions here are extremely funny. The pussyfied animal lover once again going ape# over it, forgetting that animals also hunt other animals just for the fun of it (Everyone who has a cat should know that)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
unfortunatly the Lion wasnt playing sleeping Lions and it didnt jump up and rip his fkin head off

second line

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The only person around here displaying ignorance is you. Its a well know FACT that criminal gangs are exploiting these stupid African hunting laws and shipping huge amounts of ivory out of the continent disguised as 'trophies'. Its also a well known FACT that the people managing these so called conservation projects are easily bribed, and you can basically shoot anything that takes your fancy if you are willing to pay for it. The whole thing is nothing more than a sophisticated money making industry that allows sick individuals to carry out their seedy fantasies without being arrested, and makes a lot of people rich in the process. Very little of the cash generated goes towards conservation efforts, FACT.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I do not understand hunting animals for sport and will never do it but if someone does it according to the law - it is their business,in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I was once invited to a hunting vacation, just for fun i went with them and it was quite the thrilling experience. I can understand why people enjoy it, it's fun and a challenge. Also i guess it's just impress to have a stuffed animal in your house and saying "Yeah, i hunted it down"

shooting a harmless animal isn't a challenge

maybe the aiming is, the killing is most definitely not..

if 'sir' needed a challenge maybe he should've tried to club the lion to death.
now THAT would've been a challenge.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Enjoying the taking of a life is stupid, sick and depraved. Even those people who traditionally depend on hunting for their food/survival do not take it lightly, but do so with reverence for the animal's spirit.

But I understand that many people are ignorant, misinformed and possibly just inexperienced with life. The hero of this story is not ignorant however, he is but a member of that evil class that rules and would take the life of a commoner as easily if not quite so blatantly.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Of course the reactions here are extremely funny. The pussyfied animal lover once again going ape# over it, forgetting that animals also hunt other animals just for the fun of it (Everyone who has a cat should know that)

No one is going ape#?

We are supposed to be more intelligent than the animals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join