It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair denies military action 'radicalised' Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This guy is something else.

In an interview with Radio 4's Today programme, marking 10 years since the 9/11 attacks, the former prime minister said: "The reason why these people are radicalised is not because of something we're doing to them. They believe in their philosophy. "I see this out in the Middle East all the time. There is this view, which I'm afraid I believe is deeply naive in the West, that somehow these people, you know, misunderstand our motives, that we've confused them, that that's why they've become radicalised. "Understand one thing - they believe in what they believe in because they believe their religion compels them to believe in it."

www.bbc.co.uk...

I suppose he has to believe this to sleep at night.

To try and claim that the invasion of Iraq, continued support of Israel whatever their actions toward the Palestinians, drone strikes in Pakistan has not radicalised many, many Muslims is typical of this idelogically blinded cun*.

From one of the bombers,Shehzad Tanweer, of London on 7/7

What have you witnessed now is only the beginning of a string of attacks that will continue and become stronger until you pull your forces out of Afghanistan and Iraq. And until you stop your financial and military support to America and Israel.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
This guy is something else.

In an interview with Radio 4's Today programme, marking 10 years since the 9/11 attacks, the former prime minister said: "The reason why these people are radicalised is not because of something we're doing to them. They believe in their philosophy. "I see this out in the Middle East all the time. There is this view, which I'm afraid I believe is deeply naive in the West, that somehow these people, you know, misunderstand our motives, that we've confused them, that that's why they've become radicalised. "Understand one thing - they believe in what they believe in because they believe their religion compels them to believe in it."

www.bbc.co.uk...

I suppose he has to believe this to sleep at night.

To try and claim that the invasion of Iraq, continued support of Israel whatever their actions toward the Palestinians, drone strikes in Pakistan has not radicalised many, many Muslims is typical of this idelogically blinded cun*.

From one of the bombers,Shehzad Tanweer, of London on 7/7

What have you witnessed now is only the beginning of a string of attacks that will continue and become stronger until you pull your forces out of Afghanistan and Iraq. And until you stop your financial and military support to America and Israel.

I concur. You go into their homeland and pretty much take over the entire thing. I wonder what would happen if another country did that to America. Here is an interesting question, if the shoe was on the other foot- would you become a 'terrorist' against the imposing country?
edit on 10-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Here is a question to all the anti western bigots.
Why are so many Britsh born muslims so aggreived at what their own former PM says?

Surely the definitive description of a racist is he who is born in a nation but hates his nation of birth because it is opposed to his parents nation of birth?

Hide ye all racist bigoted muslims , and accuse the west of what you are from birth programmed to be.

Living in London. Birmingham ect ect born there , yet shouting for Pakistan .India when England palys those nation s in cricket...who is the bigoted racist then ?

If you hate Blair and English policy , return to your parents/grandparents birthplace ...and fight from there...or else you are the biggest hypocrites of them all?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Here is a question to all the anti western bigots.
Why are so many Britsh born muslims so aggreived at what their own former PM says?

Surely the definitive description of a racist is he who is born in a nation but hates his nation of birth because it is opposed to his parents nation of birth?

Hide ye all racist bigoted muslims , and accuse the west of what you are from birth programmed to be.

Living in London. Birmingham ect ect born there , yet shouting for Pakistan .India when England palys those nation s in cricket...who is the bigoted racist then ?

If you hate Blair and English policy , return to your parents/grandparents birthplace ...and fight from there...or else you are the biggest hypocrites of them all?

I think you missed the definition of racism...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Plenty of British born non-Muslims are severely aggrieved at the former PM, including myself.

That does not make someone a racist. It is just a sport, cricket is loved in the sub-continent as a result of its spreading by the British Empire, obviously their heritage is going to hold some significance in their lives.

I would count it as some kind of resistance to the past wrongs inflicted by the British Empire on the sub continent, still you don't see any violence surrounding cricket games as a result.

You seem to be tarring would be British terrorists with your everyday Muslim.

I suppose I should leave for France as I have ancestors from their dating back to the 15th century and I do not back much of the British foreign policy.

edit on 10-9-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
He is a bare faced manipulative liar.

Tony bLIAR.

Just look at what they did to Northern Ireland, military action, radicalised lots of generations into becoming bitter vindictive terrorists.

Now they run the country, again thanks to the British Government.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

What anti-western bigots? So even if a lot of westerners hated blair and his policies, suddenly that makes them anti-western too?
Your comment is so ignorant and laughable that I pity about the fact you remain to be supportive of the mainstream virus.

Bush and Blair shouldn't be "tried" for war crimes which they will obviously deny until they die.

They should be just captured and thrown into prison straight away!

edit on 10-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I dont support campaigns in Iraq or Lybia, but I have to agree with Blair here. Islamic extremism is prevalent in these countries because it is their culture and religion, not because of wars. Radical Islam was, and still is, the norm and accepted in middle east. Wars may have had some influence, but they are not the root of the issue. The west was not different in the darker past.

edit on 10/9/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Definition? made by whom?
A true racist is one who values their own blood over all else....for better or worse.
Having English born Indians/Pakistanis boo the England cricket team...why? no muslims/Hindis on show ...at least not the majority.
It s a disgrace and a blot on British integrity.
Invite foreign people in and give them shelter ,,,and they boo your heroes...because they are not Indian or Pakistani...the biggest racists are not Anglo...do your research.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I dont support campaigns in Iraq or Lybia, but I have to agree with Blair here. Islamic extremism is prevalent in these countries because it is their culture and religion, not because of wars. Radical Islam was, and still is, the norm and accepted in middle east. Wars may have had some influence, but they are not the root of the issue.

Its in Christian religion too and you don't see them going around killi... wait, nevermind. Any way, it is not 'in Iraq's Culture' as you put it. Sounds like someone needs to brush up on their world history.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Definition? made by whom?
A true racist is one who values their own blood over all else....for better or worse.
Having English born Indians/Pakistanis boo the England cricket team...why? no muslims/Hindis on show ...at least not the majority.
It s a disgrace and a blot on British integrity.
Invite foreign people in and give them shelter ,,,and they boo your heroes...because they are not Indian or Pakistani...the biggest racists are not Anglo...do your research.

What are you getting at dude? Seriously you are the one sounding racist. Categorizing a whole group of people that have different ways of thinking is irresponsible. As well as more than a bit short sighted. But, hey, whatever gets you through the night.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Very disingenuos ....not.
Mate a nation is born from effort and sacrifice.
Having people come here and sixty years on encouraging their off spring that England is the enemy, and the old mother/father land is their friend is at best...rude.

I watched the last two ODI's between England and India and was sickened by the rabid fervent support for India , by the local(sic) Indian fans , and the silence or boos directed to the English (sic).....you can twist the truth till the cows come home(sic) but face up... the biggest racists are they who support the people of a nation they were not born in ...over those who were born in the nation they , themselves were born in...because they are not of the same skin colour or heritage than themselves.

Iam not stupid..... many are, but Churchill is my hero... not Mohammed , or Ghandi.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Very disingenuos ....not.
Mate a nation is born from effort and sacrifice.
Having people come here and sixty years on encouraging their off spring that England is the enemy, and the old mother/father land is their friend is at best...rude.

I watched the last two ODI's between England and India and was sickened by the rabid fervent support for India , by the local(sic) Indian fans , and the silence or boos directed to the English (sic).....you can twist the truth till the cows come home(sic) but face up... the biggest racists are they who support the people of a nation they were not born in ...over those who were born in the nation they , themselves were born in...because they are not of the same skin colour or heritage than themselves.

Iam not stupid..... many are, but Churchill is my hero... not Mohammed , or Ghandi.

But... its a game. Not a very good one at that. I also don't think you can make the call that all of the Muslims are raising their children to hate England(On a side note: England is for squares anyway.). Maybe if you brought forth some reputable sources for that statement i would consider it more.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Iam an earnest individual...you can insinuate snidly all you wish...ooh how brave, but I do not aim to deceive, I have got facts wrong... but I have admitted such.
My statements are based on observation...why the big deal?
Any race who can sustain their own culture in a foreign land is going to pursue the practice.
Its up to the host/colonised culture to stand up and say no.
But alas ...we have been sold out by profiteers, who have benefitted , by mass immigration being made legal.

The parasites who profit by influx and consequent misery of the originals, will lie and manipulate, iin order to present colonistation as benefitting the locals.
Tell me did Ghandi tell Indians to accept British Rule?
British influx?
British racism?
Tell me ...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I dont support campaigns in Iraq or Lybia, but I have to agree with Blair here. Islamic extremism is prevalent in these countries because it is their culture and religion, not because of wars. Radical Islam was, and still is, the norm and accepted in middle east. Wars may have had some influence, but they are not the root of the issue. The west was not different in the darker past.

You are so wrong here. You want to know why it seems part of their culture? It's because we have been occupying their land for what 60, 70 years against their will. We go in and topple their governments that they elect and install brutal dictators in their place. What do you expect these people to do give parades and shower us with flowers?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

You are so wrong here. You want to know why it seems part of their culture? It's because we have been occupying their land for what 60, 70 years against their will. We go in and topple their governments that they elect and install brutal dictators in their place. What do you expect these people to do give parades and shower us with flowers?

I expect them to put our photo in frames and set them on their mantle. Maybe add a little decoupage. Its the least they could do...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Agree. However, to deny that the invasion of iraq was a golden gift to extremist recruiters within the muslim communities in the west is to deny reality. People discussing this issue often offer the choice of

a) Its all the fault of islam itself - the wars in iraq or afghanistan had nothing to do with it
b) It its all the fault of western aggression in the middle east.

This is a false choice. Its both. Islamic extremism existed anyway but decades of western hypocrisy and naked self interest regarding the middle east poured fuel on the fire. That analogy is particularly apt as the form of extreme puritanical islam 'Wahhabism' responsible for much of the problem is exported out of saudi arabia on the back of dollars gained through oil sales.

Its the irony of it all. Western taxpayers actually contribute to both sides of the war on terror. Just as they do with the war on drugs.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Any race who can sustain their own culture in a foreign land is going to pursue the practice.

Huh? Any race? I live in America and we have many cultures. Yet, my country is not being taken over by Muslims or pagans or the Japanese(on a side note: America is for squares anyway...).

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

It is noteable that no response has been made to Dr Expireds last post, because it is unchallengeable?

Yes...but the braying demented sheep of reverse(sic) racist policy ...cannot find the fortitude to argue the facts, they just keep on bah bah ing , about western racism as they attempt over and over to colonise .

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Is it just coincidental in that case,that there has been a massive upswing in support of radical Islam since the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and the continued support of Israeli policies by the West?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join