It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: National Archives sits on 9/11 Commission records.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Exclusive: National Archives sits on 9/11 Commission records.

www.reuters.com

By Scot J. Paltrow

(Reuters) - Ten years after al Qaeda's attack on the United States, the vast majority of the 9/11 Commission's investigative records remain sealed at the National Archives in Washington, even though the commission had directed the archives to make most of the material public in 2009, Reuters has learned.

The National Archives' failure to release the material presents a hurdle for historians and others seeking to plumb one of the most dramatic events in modern American history.

The 575 cubic feet of records were in large part the basis for the commission's publ
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The National Archives playing their usual game of cover up that they have been doing since the Warren Commission are sitting on the remaining 9/11 staff commission investigation records.Kean and Hamilton claim they wanted all the records released in 09,but that did not happen.Included in these 575 cubic feet of records is the entire transcript of the Cheney/Bush interview with the Commissioners.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Two words...

"National Security"..

Heck, nowadays what the president had for lunch is a matter of "National Security:.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

LOL,
very true but just wait in a few years the National Archives will claim that these records turned up "missing."

Yeah,missing...

edit on 043030p://2326 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Do we really need to see the actual results of the investigation into 9/11 anymore? I think that anyone with an open-mind that isnt blindly led by government, has a natural instict that the situation is not how the American Government has portrayed it, nor do i think the Government has any real idea as to the big picture. It his highly likely that there are some people in Government/CIA/FBI etc. that know what happened, but as we all suspect on ATS there are hundreds of underlying currents controlling and/or influencing the people with the 'power'. It is high time we all got straightfoward, sincere and honest answers from the Men (puppets) at the top, but i dont think they really have an idea themselves, and if they do, it is just that, 'an idea'.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Dionisius because: typo

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A channelled source that I trust has estimated that disclosure won't happen on 9/11 for "three generations," which I interpreted as roughly 90 years.

That sounds about right, given that I didn't hear of much WW2 stuff becoming declassified before the 80s. I can't see the lid coming off 9/11 until they're sure that anyone who could still be prosecuted over it is dead.
edit on 10-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

join