It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq is winning.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thanks for caring....

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Dear Grady,

It's a large country which you'll have to patrol, and lose personnel in the process, for decades. That's just silly. Bring the US soldiers home, they'll sure appreciate it.

What's with the second-person personal pronoun, Ivan. You said you lived in America. Are you another individual who's trying to pass himself off as American citizen?

Save your pessimism for your marxist minions or someone as gullible as you.

[edit on 04/8/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted by GradyPhilpott
I remember Vietnam. I was there. The communist began a genocide of almost unprecedented proportions and attitudes like yours made it happen.

Not attitudes like mine bu the US's intervention in other people's business that caused it, it was a pointless war that should never have been fought which IMO achieved virtually nothing.

It's a pitty America hasn't learnt it's lesson.

The genocides had nothng to do with our attitudes, if they were going to do it then they do it, period.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

What's with the second-person personal pronoun, Ivan. You said you lived in America. Are you another individual who's trying to pass himself off as American citizen?

Save your pessimism for your marxist minions or someone as gullible as you.

Stop living in the past, the communists are no longer the main threat.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211

Not attitudes like mine bu the US's intervention in other people's business that caused it, it was a pointless war that should never have been fought which IMO achieved virtually nothing.

It's a pitty America hasn't learnt it's lesson.

Which is it, Flyboy? American intervention or they did it because they did it. I think America has learned a good lesson. That we can't just ignore evil because it has not touched us yet.

I have pity for you. No, make the contempt.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211Stop living in the past, the communists are no longer the main threat.

You're so incredibly ill informed, I can't believe you can type.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'd say a bit of both really
i don't need pitty. I think that comment against Aelita was uncalled for and rude, you're the one who needs pitty not me. Take off the rose tinted glasses once in a while, it'll do you good.

Unless the US does something about Iraq, i'm afraid you might just end up with another 'Vietnam' on your hands.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
whats the difference between Vietnam and Iraq?
in Vietnam Bush had an exit strategy.

saying iraq is winning is the same as saying the vietkong were winning in vietnam

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Grady,

You're not being very congenial.
I seem to recall you taxing me with being confrontational with you a couple of weeks ago: I was far more respectful than you were with me, and far more respectful than you are being with Aelita and Flyboy here.

I am indeed getting to know your posting patterns. You seem to contribute well to non-political areas, but you really have an attitude issue when you discuss Iraq.

Learn to be more repsectful of other people's input. If you disagree, all you have to do is state your position to counter their's with as much clarity as you can muster. There is no need to resort directly to contempt, or calling people 'Marxist minions', just as their was no need to question my mental health and try to ignore facing my arguments because of your assumption of my age.

Thanks,

U.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Flyboy211Stop living in the past, the communists are no longer the main threat.

You're so incredibly ill informed, I can't believe you can type.

wait... are you actually saying the communists are the main threat to america these days?

the only genuinely communist country i can even think of in this day and age is Vietnam, and they seem quite content where they are at the moment. china isn't communist, despite what they call themselves; north korea, not communist.... the ComIntern is more a debate club than anything else these days.. am I missing something?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Okay, I can't reproduce 30 credit hours of Sociology here, but I will do my best to define the #1 threat to freedom in America.

The threat is marxist ideology. It is class warfare by any definition you can imagine. It has factionalized America in ways that nothing else has. It's effects can be seen in race relations, gender politics, economic class conflict, ethnic discord and on and on.

As an economic model, communism is moribund. The remaining examples are tragic indeed--Cuba, North Korea, China. China is very encouraging in that they have moved toward a free market economy at a slow, but determined pace. One would hope that liberty for the Chinese might not be far behind.

And pardon, my occasional flippancy. I do my best to contain myself, but I sometime err.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
ok... i think i have a clearer view of what you mean now, and while i think i'd need to hear more about this view to form an opinion, it makes more sense than i assumed. i agree re china.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Grady... you blame the marxism thing on class warfare. I blame it on a system of what I call corporate communism. That is our system of government. We aren't a capitalist country. We are a corporate communist country. Where a true communist country is all about the worker or system is all about the company. And with our intellectual property laws we are non competitive. Choices are evaporating and and the American consumer is getting raped. This isn't marxism at work. Its capitalism in the US at work.

Okay, I can't reproduce 30 credit hours of Sociology here, but I will do my best to define the #1 threat to freedom in America.

The threat is marxist ideology. It is class warfare by any definition you can imagine. It has factionalized America in ways that nothing else has. It's effects can be seen in race relations, gender politics, economic class conflict, ethnic discord and on and on.

As an economic model, communism is moribund. The remaining examples are tragic indeed--Cuba, North Korea, China. China is very encouraging in that they have moved toward a free market economy at a slow, but determined pace. One would hope that liberty for the Chinese might not be far behind.

And pardon, my occasional flippancy. I do my best to contain myself, but I sometime err.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I lose my cool way too often on ATS. So I sometime err as well.

Just for the record:

a) I never impersonated a US citizen, either on this board or anywhere else, and I don't know why I would want to. I am indeed a Russian citizen. I spoke English (obviously) since I was 14.

b) I've lived in the US for a long time, this is my home and I care deeply about this country. Otherwise I wouldn't bother posting here in the first place.

c) I'm not gullible. I've had been bombarded enough by the communist propaganda to learn and be able to discern when the establishment is lying, and when it's not. I'm less gullible and much, much less naive than an average US citizen.

d) I think Ivan is a beautiful name. Then again, it's a matter of taste.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

I lose my cool way too often on ATS. So I sometime err as well.

Just for the record:

a) I never impersonated a US citizen, either on this board or anywhere else, and I don't know why I would want to. I am indeed a Russian citizen. I spoke English (obviously) since I was 14.

b) I've lived in the US for a long time, this is my home and I care deeply about this country. Otherwise I wouldn't bother posting here in the first place.

c) I'm not gullible. I've had been bombarded enough by the communist propaganda to learn and be able to discern when the establishment is lying, and when it's not. I'm less gullible and much, much less naive than an average US citizen.

d) I think Ivan is a beautiful name. Then again, it's a matter of taste.

Peace

That's because Ivan is pronounced so much differently in Russian than it is in English. EYEvan in English, eVON (kinda) in Russian. Same as Igor. EEgore in English, and, well, I can't write pronounciation of Russian 'g' and 'r' in an easy way, but is sounds cool. I don't think there's any language in the world that produces inherently 'ugly' names for people.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Iraq is the center of the Muslim Religion. Who ever controls this nation controls the Muslims. In order to unite the Muslims throughout the world your seat of religious power must eminate from Iraq.
We the U.S. went into Iraq to steal this golden key from people such as Bin Laden and other like him. Bringing democracy and capturing oil supplies were secondary reasons for this invasion.
The citizens of Iraq led by there religious leaders are only pawns used to defeat our stragerty. Our ultimate goal is to turn this nation into a Muslim country such as Turkey. If this goal is achieved he will set back the timetable of establishing another Muslim Empire.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Grady... you blame the marxism thing on class warfare. I blame it on a system of what I call corporate communism. That is our system of government. We aren't a capitalist country. We are a corporate communist country. Where a true communist country is all about the worker or system is all about the company. And with our intellectual property laws we are non competitive. Choices are evaporating and and the American consumer is getting raped. This isn't marxism at work. Its capitalism in the US at work.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Corporate communism? Isn't that like saying heated ice? I see where you are going with that, but I always thought that capitalism was an impossibilty of communism. Perhaps I am missing your metaphor.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by LukeNYC]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sadly the thread tells the truth that Iraq is winning its plain to see that the US is failling, no WMD destruction were found.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LukeNYCCorporate communism? Isn't that like saying heated ice? I see where you are going with that, but I always thought that capitalism was an impossibilty of communism. Perhaps I am missing your metaphor.

This is why I said I can't reproduce 30 credit hours of Sociology in a post. Indy is obviously clueless about communism and the underlying ideology we call marxism.

The real threat to America is not from without, but from within. It is not from explosives, but from an erosion of our values and our institu tions. The changes I have seen in my short (yes, short) 55 years is astonishing. I know that some deny these changes, while some revel in them.

It is manifested in such things as abortion, the killing of our future. It is manifested in gay marriage and divorce, the erosion of the institution of procreation and the socialization of children. It is manifested in the belief that Free Speech is synonymous with criticizing your country and rampant obscenty and indecency. It is manifested in the belief that society owes the individual more than the indidvidual owes the sociey.

It is marxist ideology which has fueled the movements which have caused these sentiments to take hold in our nation. I cannot impart this to anyone on this site. It took me years of study and research to come to a place where these things were evident.

I can only keep sounding the alarm and hope that others will take the opportunity to educate themselves and see for themselves. It took a personal experience to convert me. I just hope that others can learn from my experience.

[edit on 04/8/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LukeNYCCorporate communism? Isn't that like saying heated ice? I see where you are going with that, but I always thought that capitalism was an impossibilty of communism. Perhaps I am missing your metaphor.

This is why I said I can't reproduce 30 credit hours of Sociology in a post. Indy is obviously clueless about communism and the underlying ideology we call marxism.

The real threat to America is not from without, but from within. It is not from explosives, but from an erosion of our values and our institu tions. The changes I have seen in my short (yes, short) 55 years is astonishing. I know that some deny these changes, while some revel in them.

It is manifested in such things as abortion, the killing of our future. It is manifested in gay marriage and divorce, the erosion of the institution of procreation and the socialization of children. It is manifested in the belief that Free Speech is synonymous with criticizing your country and rampant obscenty and indecency. It is manifested in the belief that society owes the individual more than the indidvidual owes the sociey.

It is marxist ideology which has fueled the movements which have caused these sentiments to take hold in our nation. I cannot impart this to anyone on this site. It took me years of study and research to come to a place where these things were evident.

I can only keep sounding the alarm and hope that others will take the opportunity to educate themselves and see for themselves. It took a personal experience to convert me. I just hope that others can learn from my experience.

[edit on 04/8/27 by GradyPhilpott]

I guess I am not quite sure how gay marriage and abortion are deteriorating our society. America has made it clear that the sanctity of marriage is truly moral by exemplifying it with such (staright) shows as "Who Wants to Marry A Millionaire" or "The Bachelor". And how does a woman's right to choose crumble our moral fiber? Are we facing a population shortage? It's ok to drop bombs on villages killing thousands of innocents, but if someone needs an abortion then suddenly our moral honor kicks in?

The reason why this is so complicated is not because of a deteriorating moral thread, it is because our current thought process and mentality does not move with the changing times. We have become stagnent in thought and we desperate lack imagination. How are we to cope with the individual rights of so many different groups, all with the same say in the ings, if we do not allow a greater flexibilty in our thought?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join