It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Takes The Lead in Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

The 2012 Presidential Election is fast approaching. Will there be a candidate who can challenge President Obama for the presidency? 15,237 votes have been cast in our presidential poll & the current leader is Ron Paul with 33% of the votes. Cast your vote now

www.whowillwinthe2012election.com...

This guy cant be stopped and I'm liking it

edit on 10-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Oh boy...another internet poll.

Let me tell you why these aren't accurate.

I just voted for Obama 20 times

And I know my votes counted because there is a hidden counter on the page...and it incremented everytime I voted.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Is this all you do is comment on Ron Paul threads?I've been watching you all day and every time a thread with Ron Paul comes up you are usually the first negative Nancy to say something bad about Dr. Paul.I am just curious.Me thinks thou protest to much

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and that poll means jack ____. Doesn't even have Perry in it. Why post this thread?

You didn't even link to the page with the poll. I think your intentions are suspicious.

edit on 10-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by BruceEFury

Oh boy...another internet poll.

Let me tell you why these aren't accurate.

I just voted for Obama 20 times

And I know my votes counted because there is a hidden counter on the page...and it incremented everytime I voted.

I call BS.

I went and cast my vote. There are 2 problems with your post.

#1. There is no counter. Can you please show me where this counter is?

#2. After casting my vote, I closed out the window and made a second attempt to follow the links and cast again. The site did not allow it

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and that poll means jack ____. Doesn't even have Perry in it. Why post this thread?

You didn't even link to the page with the poll. I think your intentions are suspicious.

The link to the poll is on the left side of the page. It took me a minute to find it also, but the poll is there. You are correct however that Rick Perry is not listed on the poll, however there are many people listed who never announced a run for the Presidency but were speculated about at some point or another which leads me to believe that it is an older poll.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

#2. After casting my vote, I closed out the window and made a second attempt to follow the links and cast again. The site did not allow it

If you use a proxy server (masking your IP address), then the poll has no way of knowing if you have already voted; thus you can vote as many times as you wish.

In reference to the OP topic:

Normally this is where I would discuss the unreliability of internet polls...non-scientific...blah, blah, blah. However, I won't go there anymore; I want the ATS Ron Paul hype kept at a fever pitch...I love seeing dreams crushed when reality kicks in.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35

Is this all you do is comment on Ron Paul threads?I've been watching you all day and every time a thread with Ron Paul comes up you are usually the first negative Nancy to say something bad about Dr. Paul.I am just curious.Me thinks thou protest to much

I'm attracted to mis-information and delusions.

I have this desire to bang my head against the wall trying to expose those things.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I call BS.

I went and cast my vote. There are 2 problems with your post.

#1. There is no counter. Can you please show me where this counter is?

No BS at all.

#1: Highlight the whole page....the counter is hidden right under the "Vote" button..or if you already voted it is under all the candidate pictures. Or, you can view the source of the page and you can find it in there (that's where I found it first).

#2: Use private browsing and proxies...vote as often as you would like.

This isn't rocket science...there is always a way to vote multiple times in ANY internet poll.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Let's just crown Ron Paul the President of the Internet and be done with it.

Even if you could only vote one time, but send the link to every Ron Paul website it is still considered spamming an online poll.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I'm not trying to "Mis-Inform" anybody. I was just showing that he won another poll. Internet or not im a supporter and im happy to see him leading it. Thanks for informing me about the infinite vote thing about internet polls, i will remember that in the future.

Originally posted by MysticPearl

oh boy.. your on to me. And im in the same boat, I was just happy to see that Dr. Paul won the poll

edit on 11-9-2011 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

You're absolutely correct.. I went and voted. And, there was no vote counter nor was I able to vote a second time after closing out the window and returning to the site.

Outkast Searcher has his own agenda and/or official talking points

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

I am a fan of RP and would like to see he is leading in the polls, but there is a counter under the vote button and these guys are right. It is easy to manipulate these polls.

Just my two cents.......

edit on 11-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: spellin's

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I must be blind because I went back to the site and still can't locate a counter. But,I'll trust ya. It's quite amusing that with all the choices Perry isn't listed.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Now that's interesting!

Just another reason not to believe these polls.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Like I said...you have to highlight the webpage because it is hidden (written in white text)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d23d1823163e.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Internet polling have no statistical validity. They are not random, nor are the samples controled for, making them completely useless. Unfortunately, its just that simple. No conspiracy, unless he's pulling ahead in Rasmusen/Gallup etc. it means absolutely nothing.

new topics

top topics

join