It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Have A "Nothing But Positive" Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
There have been many, many threads and posts lamenting the negativity on ATS recently, and unfortunately a good portion of the criticism may be justified.

So,

What would be the harm if there was a haven here, of sorts, where the rules were basically the old "If you don't have something good to say then don't say anything?" Within the ATS community, there is plenty of room for disagreements, conflict, and confrontation over beliefs and viewpoint. I would like to think that even if there were only one "all subjects" forum of refuge actively enforcing positive interaction, there may be a significant amount of interest. I would like to encourage mods and decision makers to consider the concept if only as an experiment. Remember, even debates can be civilized, perhaps in good humor, and certainly presented in a completely non-agressive manner.

Rules pertaining to overall subject matter, content, and/or participation could also be open initially allowing members to contribute a collective vision. Don't misunderstand, there are entire web sites dedicated to good news and feel good stories, but I have never seen such with the unique interests and topics we have here.

Conceptually, is this realistic or viable at all?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
"HAHA!! Stop! You're killing me!"

lol.
We can try.... But this is the internet....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The yin and the yang coexist in balance my friend.

Any time you try to skew that balance you create an imbalance, and we all know that imbalances aren't good for anyone and it leads to all kinds of unforeseen consequences that we hadn't anticipated.

This has been shown time and time again throughout history.

Let us learn and avoid the mistakes of the past.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I accept all you have to say. I'm simply asking for a respite on my favorite web site where I can allow myself to be more relaxed. Just like anywhere else, it is each individual's choice if they would like to participate or not. Again, your points are valid, I was wondering that if given the choice would others would want the option as well?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I would like such a sub forum on this site, it would be a welcome change from all the doom and gloom, and also from the sorry state of the world.

But if I was the site owner I would probably not create such a sub forum keeping in mind the heavy moderation that would be needed, especially on ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

As you said. We indulge the negativity on this forum more than the positive aspects of life. But indeed this is a conspiracy forum, what do we expect?

The idea from the op is a wonderful one. Can it be implemented here? I don´t know. But we could brainstorm and find some nice ideas for the site owners.

mfg

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The thing is...a "Nothing But Positive" forum would quickly turn into a festival of negativity. And if you can't predict that you don't understand humans very well.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I think ..its a great idea.. only feel good stories shared..and no negative comments allowed..only playful banter...

I like reading 'feel good " stories... they can lift your spirits when you most need it , and melt away angry and negative energy.

I vote yes

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
The thing is...a "Nothing But Positive" forum would quickly turn into a festival of negativity. And if you can't predict that you don't understand humans very well.

Lets try to think positive..
I think we can do it if we try..

we can also make a .."a miserable story " thread..if people feel the need to vent.....oh..yeah we have that already. ..sorta.. in a lot of threads..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The yin and the yang coexist in balance my friend. Any time you try to skew that balance you create an imbalance, and we all know that imbalances aren't good for anyone and it leads to all kinds of unforeseen consequences that we hadn't anticipated.

Exactly why a feel good thread needs to be started... have to keep that yin and yang in balance..

I vote you go first with some story that made you feel good..or something that made your day.... please

I know you have a good one..just waiting to be told..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I find on some issues, those whom like to belittle, avoid which is a good thing. On others, I just avoid the negative self appointed bunkers here and go elsewhere. For instance, if I had real good proof of ufo's etc, I would not come here do to the few whom relish making a fool of these issues. Thus, ATS will not be on the cutting edge of a number of subjects in the future as I know others feel as I do. That said, I still read the good, ignore the negative and enjoy the few subjects that appeal to me. Certainly not the political, this is way into the negative whichever side presents it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

so what are your thoughts on having a "nothing but positive" forum ?

Do you think its a good idea?

sort of would balance out the "rant" forum.. and so much of the negativity .

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Thank you for your input. It is exactly what I was proposing. Even though there is debate already on this idea, it is being carried out in a civil and respectful manner. In particular, when you, Gabby, make your point, there may be a counterpoint but so far all comments have avoided the contentiousness and condescension I have unfortunately come to expect as the norm. For me personally, it has taken a great deal of the excitement out of coming here for exchange of thoughts and ideas. I am absolutely certain it discourages others as well and the end result is a loss for all concerned.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
reply to post by gabby2011

Thank you for your input. It is exactly what I was proposing. Even though there is debate already on this idea, it is being carried out in a civil and respectful manner. In particular, when you, Gabby, make your point, there may be a counterpoint but so far all comments have avoided the contentiousness and condescension I have unfortunately come to expect as the norm. For me personally, it has taken a great deal of the excitement out of coming here for exchange of thoughts and ideas. I am absolutely certain it discourages others as well and the end result is a loss for all concerned.

I realize what you are saying, and myself have been guilty of getting negative, because of anger,hurt, and disappointment, and have perpetuated the problem by adding more fuel to the fire ..so to speak.

There are many topics that can bring out some very powerful feelings of anger and hurt, and sometimes the comments made about them , can fuel that hurt and anger as well. I guess its part of being human..to feel these emotions and want to share it...and that is what basically happens on this site.

A forum..or thread..which would only deal with positive experiences, and allow only positive feedback..would be a welcome change...and would help many who needed to see the "positive" and feel the "good' vibes.

new topics

top topics

join