It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens - Do you believe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This show has been on history for awhile now. Do you guys feel like they are on to something? They sure seem to have a ton of possible theory's. Opinions?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
This show has been on history for awhile now. Do you guys feel like they are on to something? They sure seem to have a ton of possible theory's. Opinions?

Link or it didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm talking in a general way. There has been a lot of episodes. I would think that everyone on this site has at least seen a few episodes. If you haven't. Download them from rapid-share or something and check them out.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Definitely wouldn't believe everything on that show as much of it is highly speculative.

But in saying that, I am very open to the idea as some of it just seems to make sense. There is some crazy stuff that has gone down in this world that we cant really explain...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think that show is a testament to how creative and imaginative the human mind is.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
the most compelling evidence IMO are the megalithic stones that weigh in the hundreds of tons, and how even today we would face significant problems moving them

they knew something that we don't.....

well, that guy from florida did....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I believe that there is an agenda at the highest levels to try and make us believe in this, 15 years ago if you spoke about such things you would have been treated as a social outcast and mentally ill. Now it is quite the opposite scenario.

We all know that mainstream media is controlled right? so i for one can only assume that if it is on mainstream tv for everyone to watch, there is a reason for it, it is called programming for a reason. I am sure that we will be getting the view of what they want us too think rather than what is real, just another mind f*** imo.

If you look at what is going on around the western world with individuals rights being slowly watered down and removed, then clearly governments of any description bar a couple are yet again screwing us the people, so you want to believe what they are telling you?

I think they have this thing so well controlled that nothing comes out that is near the truth because if it did, we people would react and probably heads would roll because of how we have been lied to for well millenia really, the same power families are still running things today as were centuries ago, this tells me something. We all just keep being manipulated and lied to. We know when someone does on occasions break rank that the person either goes missing or turns up dead, that tells me something else.

Go figure is all any of us can do and try and search for hard facts rather than people's opinions being put across as facts, which is what this show tries to do.

edit on 10-9-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Some episodes are clearly superior to others.

In some episodes i nearly break out laughing at all the straw-grasping, although i must admit their theories are possible.

In others, the opposite is true, i simply cannot see another explanation, and therefore not only believe their claim, but am certain they must be true.

Some good episodes i remember, is the one with puma punku from season 1(dont remember its name sorry), and ancient engineers from season 3.

Those 2 combined i would consider is definite evidence of ancient aliens, or at least that we where more advanced back then then now.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I agree in some way or another with everything you all have said. Good job peeps. I wish the stuff they talk about was actually true tho. It would be so hardcore.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
the most compelling evidence IMO are the megalithic stones that weigh in the hundreds of tons, and how even today we would face significant problems moving them

Ha ha! quite true...and for those that don't know what he's speaking of, it's Coral Castle creator Edward Leedskalnin who built a monument to his 'sweet 16' lost love back in the 1920's. He did so by carving and moving Huge limestone pieces....all by himself, and mostly in the middle of the night. People today are still a bit mystified as to how he did it....and Ed himself wrote some odd and somewhat esoteric books on his own theories of magnetism.....that of course only help to make the whole thing a bit more mysterious.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It either exists or it doesn't. It's that simple.

It doesn't matter what we believe because well, we don't know.

It's a reasonable theory though and it is on the table. We need to collect more evidence, keep thinking about it and continue sharing the developments as usual.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Originally posted by BadBoYeed

Ha ha! quite true...and for those that don't know what he's speaking of, it's Coral Castle creator Edward Leedskalnin who built a monument to his 'sweet 16' lost love back in the 1920's. He did so by carving and moving Huge limestone pieces....all by himself, and mostly in the middle of the night. People today are still a bit mystified as to how he did it....and Ed himself wrote some odd and somewhat esoteric books on his own theories of magnetism.....that of course only help to make the whole thing a bit more mysterious.

is this the guy with the mysterious black box that disappeared? i agree, the moving of these massive, unbelievably heavy stones is some of the best evidence of alleged extra-terrestrial involvement with ancient cultures. it's the mystery of these stones (like the pyramids, stonehenge, to name the most famous) that drew my interest to the show.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I completely agree with you. The Puma Punku episode was very good. I think they also talk about an underground 26 story complex in ...I think...Turkey capable of housing thousands. They had places for livestock for petes sake. Pretty amazing for people who used copper and stone tools. They say necessity in the mother of all invention...what on Eath possessed them to build 26 storie dows and friggin' how?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
If aliens did visit us why did the teach us such dumb stuff why did they teach us how to build usless pyramids, rows of standing stones, why didnt they teach us how to build proper houses, how to use soler energy, and learn us proper medicene, I think that 99% of this show is BS the other 1% well I dont think we will ever now,

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I am a big fan of the shows, but the conclusion that superior ancient technology == ancient aliens is wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I watched all episodes. Giorgio's imagination is a bit too much as well as his hair, but I'm sure there is something correct about that

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bers81

I think that guy's hair is styled using alien tech!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I love that show even though most things are (extremely) far fetched. Others things make you wonder though and I do like the theory.
To me it's in general much more likely if a lot of stories from the holy books can be explained by ancient aliens then a God and his/her/it helpers.

I do wish that they'd give ancient people's imagination more credit though since I don't think that humankind has gotten more intelligent over the years, we just know more and writing really made life a lot easier so we don't need to re-invent the wheel, for example, every 100 years or so.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
i havent yet made up my mind, its a possibility, i definately think its more likely than whats suggetsed by any religion

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by works studios

how much of what they theorize about is real, i don't know.

but i have met a few beings, not human or of this dimension in my life time, and what they are or were abel or willing to do, who knows.
seen by other people, cats and dogs, not just my imagination.

with an organized, working together society, great things would be possible
today's society is controlled by special interest groups, no harmony, no justice, no strength, it's difficult to imagine what can be done when living in a dark age controlled by vampires.

that non humans were willing to help ancient societies, i can accept.
but will mankind ever accept it's history?
most don't believe anything anybody wrote anywhere, anytime.(history, religion)
so, if we don't believe our ancestors, would we believe those we call aliens?
edit on 10-9-2011 by citizen6511 because: spell check error

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join