It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

technology advice please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
ok i know this is probably obvious but when it comes to these sort of things ive always wanted to do em the old fashioned way but need a quicker way of doing it.
what is the best way to create images on the computer..
is it possible to scan an image and digatise it through something like photoshop? by digitize i mean making the scanned image like a clip art so you can edit colour, shape, size and so on..also so its on its own and doesnt have a background..
or is best to get a drawing tablet? ive always thought this would be annoying and i find it a lot better to free draw anyway..

basicly im making images similar to clip art stuff and things like that
any other advice would be good.. like i said ive always just drawn so havent really paid attention

thanks all

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

The easiest thing to do is either scan a physical hard copy of the image or as long it's within copyright laws, simply save the picture from the web to your machine and then open in a graphics package.

As far as I know, but graphics/imaging isn't my forte.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Yep, it is entirely possible to do exactly as you say.

You scan a picture (or download or photograph or whatever) creating a file in your computer.

You can then manipulate the file with programs like Photoshop.

In Photoshop you can use a tool called "Magic Eraser" that attempts to identify object boundaries using color gradients and will remove areas with similar color, allowing the graphic to be transparent where the area gets removed.

If you pick a source file where the contrast between background and foreground object is high, it is really easy to remove the background from a picture.

You can also bend, stretch, resize, recolor and do all sorts of fairly complex stuff to the image by applying either a transformation or a filter to the image. You can also put the modified image back onto the original background making all sorts of odd pictures.

To see the sorts of things you can do with graphics packages like Photoshop, you could have a look at the website "Worth 1000" (as in a picture is worth 1000 words) where they have all sorts of competitions for Photoshop artists to show their stuff. I won't link to it, Google is your friend

edit on 10/9/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

thanks guys. i thought the principal sounded familiar aha
glad i dont need to buy a drawing pad, ive never really liked the pad idea for some reason..everyone seems to love them tho

top topics

join