It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry's "Gardasil" exec order connection - Wife lobbied for Merck

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Another follow the money tie has gone unnoticed. Rick Perry’s wife Anita had been a Merck consultant while working in a lobbying firm as her husband climbed the state government ladder.

Source

That’s merely a dodge because doctors who know more about cancer than Governor Perry opposed his order requiring every girl to take a brand new vaccine without a long safety record. The pro-family Texas Eagle Forum called it ‘ follow the money ‘ politics. And why wouldn’t they when the vaccine maker, Merck, which stood to mint money if Governor Perry made every Texas girl buy their product, gave Perry a campaign contribution the very day his staffers were meeting to plan the vaccine mandate?

Source

When Mr. Perry signed an ill-fated executive order in 2007 requiring all sixth-grade girls to receive a vaccine to prevent the human papillomavirus, a sexually transmitted disease linked to cervical cancer, observers pointed to her influence. After outrage from all quarters — social conservatives argued it encouraged teenage sex, while ethics watchdogs questioned a former Perry staff member’s work as a lobbyist for the vaccine maker, Merck — lawmakers voted to block it.

Source

Also, a spokesman indicated that first lady Anita Perry’s strong support for the vaccine may have played a role in the governor’s decision. A former nurse and the daughter of a doctor, Anita Perry works for an organization dealing with sexual assaults. “I know they have discussed it, and it’s something they both feel very strongly about,” said Press Secretary Robert Black. But some who oppose the bill have suggested that a political contribution from the vaccine-maker influenced his decision. Perry’s office said it would cost the state $29 million for its share of inoculating students who are uninsured or on government programs. Federal funds will be available for girls on Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program. Private insurers are expected to pick up most of the $360 cost of the three-shot series.

edit on 10/9/2011 by Lono1 because: title

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

This is worth a star and flag. Maybe we really shouldn't be upset at our government, but at the people running corporations which are domestic enemies as far as I can see. When they get into government for their own profit, they are a domestic enemy. Might as well use the Patriot Act for a good purpose and round all these people up.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Hear Hear. Ill second that motion.
2d line

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

the latest state mandate is the meningococcal vaccine, officially known as the Jamie Schanbaum and Nicolis Williams Act.

thedailycougar.com...

Maybe you ought to look into to the next mandated shot.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

This is not the first time that Perry has signed a mandatory vaccine into law. In 2006, the HPV vaccine was signed by Perry as an executive mandate that all Texas public school girls be vaccinated in order to protect them from cervical cancer. The mandate was met with heavy criticism and contempt. Aside from the fact that Merck, the manufacturer of the vaccine, gave Perry a $6,000 campaign contribution, Merck’s lobbyist Mike Toomey was Perry’s former Chief of Staff. It doesn’t require a college degree to connect the dots.

Thanks for passing that along...more of the same from the Phony Texas Tough Guy Guv'nor...Thank God some of us are aware of what he's all about...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
A vote for Ron Paul is a perfect vaccine to get rid of Perry fungus.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This is wrong on so many levels, not only is this just an example of outrageous political corruption, but do the good people of Texas really know what their state government is forcibly injecting their children with?

Phone calls from mothers with children who have experienced adverse events after HPV vaccination is part of the everyday routine for members of the SANE Vax team. This one was different. A sexually naïve 13 year old girl from Toronto had developed acute juvenile rheumatoid arthritis within 24 hours after the third Gardasil™ injection. Two years later, her blood was tested by a local clinical laboratory and found to be positive for HPV DNA. Local physicians could provide no explanation. Human papillomavirus is an epithelial virus which does not survive in the blood stream for long. HPV only thrives on skin and mucosal membranes. They could not explain why HPV was in her blood instead of HPV antibodies. Desperate for answers, her mother called SANE Vax to see if there was any research available that might shed some light on her daughter’s situation. Not having any contradictory information available, the SANE Vax team agreed to contact some experts for their professional opinion. Many phone calls and much research later, the only option left was to try to determine whether Gardasil could have been the possible source of HPV in the girl’s blood. Dr. Sin Hang Lee, a pathologist at the Milford Hospital pathology laboratory well-known for using cutting-edge DNA sequencing for molecular diagnoses, was initially contracted to examine a single sample of Gardasil for possible contamination. This sample tested positive for recombinant viral HPV-11 and viral HPV-18 residues, both of which were firmly attached to the aluminum adjuvant.

Terrible story right? Perhaps it was just a fluke, but this is what happened when they checked 13 different lot numbers of Gardasil.

Concerned that recombinant DNA, if present, might have triggered some of the autoimmune-based inflammatory disorders and malignant tumors observed among children/young women after receiving Gardasil™ vaccinations, medical professionals and vaccine safety advocates from the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, France, and Poland donated samples of Gardasil™ currently distributed in their countries to be examined. In all, 13 different lot numbers were tested by Dr. Sin Hang Lee. One hundred percent of the samples were found to be contaminated with viral HPV DNA residues, firmly attached to the aluminum adjuvant. At the time of Gardasil™ approval, both Merck and the FDA represented that there was no viral DNA in the vaccine.[v] [vi] [vii] Both the FDA and Merck knew, or should have known, that any residual recombinant HPV DNA left in the vaccine could pose a health risk to any medical consumer injected with Gardasil™.[viii] [ix]

One hundred percent of the samples were contaminated ! I'm not a doctor, but that can't be good. This whole thing might end up being a whole heck of a lot worse than just your run of the mill political favoritism.

Source:sanevax.org...
edit on 10-9-2011 by jlv70 because: forgot my link

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Only an idiot would vote for a candidate that deceived people in to vaccinating their daughters.

This vaccine has given girls/women thousands of violent reactions including about 100 deaths directly related and Perry profited from this which his Merck connection.

Is this someone you want as President?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread but it might go well here.... OK so like I am listening to peter b collins latest pod cast ...it has some very good info about perry and the Koch brothers and a secret meetings where perry and others attended ...peace

"Brad Friedman of BradBlog returns with a blockbuster: audio recordings reveal much from top-secret Koch brothers millionaire/billionaire confab held in Vail in June, breaking the news that NJ Gov. Christie snuck in and out to give keynote speech; Will Durst gives a snarky review of the GOP octet as they invoked Reagan as they ignored his invocation not to attack fellow travelers" peterbcollins.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This man would sell this country down the creek for thirty pieces of silver.

He'll make a fine president. No regard for human life and his soul can be paid for in US dollars.

And I'm sure that when he wins the GOP nod you'll have fools lining up to vote him in

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
People will not look into this. If they do, there will be no evidence of wrong doing. I am sure he is too powerful to be taken down with the drug companies during his election. Who do you think is donating to his campaign. I'm sure they own the MSM across America.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotWalkUSA

Im doing my best to get this info out there...

You can only do what you can do, but little by little, we will win this info war.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It is going to take a lot more than our efforts to get this word out there. Besides, it is out there. The MSM just isn't picking up this ball and running with it. I'm sure Nancy Grace will though soon.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

Hey! this statement is worth a banner!
The sheer arrogance and greed overwhelm me.
Funny thing every time you see them they get caught with their pants down.lmao

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

It's a sad state of affairs when I'm more surprised that something was done to block such corruption than I am that such corruption was actually instigated in the first place.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This lobbying for everything needs to be stopped. There is way to much potential for conflict of interest. This, to me, proves how little they really care about what happens to the rest of us.

I, actually, had been wondering for some time if the pushing of Gardisil had an agenda behind it. I suspected it would affect fertility and therefore control the population without being overly obvious.

Everytime I take my teenage daughter to the Dr., they hound me about Gardisil. I have refused to let her take the shot. Everything I read showed that there was not enough long-term research done and a lot of complaints. The clincher for me though was when a girl my daughter goes to school with took ill after receiving the second shot in the series. This girl was an athlete and in great shape and health. She started getting weak and tired all the time, passing out, and having pains in her abdomen. Her dad was a long time friend of mine and I spoke to him about how she was doing. I happened to ask if she had had Gardisil, and he answered to the affirmative. I proceded to inform him of some things I had read while researching the vaccine after our Dr. had encouraged it for my daughter. Her symptoms were similar to many of those other girls were having following the shots. Apparently, he pushed for a full pelvic exam for her and it was discovered that she had a severely diseased ovary. He said they never came out and blamed Gardisil, but they didn't rule it out either. She had the ovary removed and her other ovary isn't totally healthy either. She might never have children. Her dad is not allowing her to complete the series of shots. I feel so terrible for her and her family. My daughter will not be getting Gardisil and neither will my son, as they are now beginning to encourage it for boys too.

I wish people would wake up and stop being so trusting of the motives of government. I think even the Drs are being snowed by government and drug companies.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I have watched for three decades now how elections at all levels were won on the wedge issue of gays sleeping with gays, when the real concern, the one that affects Americans the most, was who our politicians were in bed with! Citizens were told to vote against gay relationships, when citizens now suffer as a result of the corrupting corporate relationships politicians and their cronies have engaged in.

reply to post by ExPostFacto

Indeed! Where OBL failed on 9-11 to bring down our economy and cause harm to the entire population, our own homegrown legally bribed/corrupt politicians and their cronies have been the real terrorists all along!

new topics

top topics

join