It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So. Freaking. Bored.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I feel like I'm ranting, so it's where I'm putting it. I'm so freaking bored, and it's wearing me down. But it's not that there's nothing to do or learn.

See, the problem is that I've been going through my own "awakening" over the past few months, and I've turned into a cup that can never be filled. I'm constantly studying new subjects. Everything from 9-11 being an inside job, to the illuminati influence in the media, to everything being vibrations. It's all new, and it's all terribly interesting.

So ofcourse, sometimes I get burnt out and I feel like I need to unplug. So I try to give myself some r&r. The problem is that I'm finding that nothing satisfies like it used to. Not music, tv, video games, etc. I immediately get bored because I feel like I've experienced it all before, just packaged differently. Even hobby-related stuff is boring, like composing music, drawing, writing stories, paperfolding, graphic designing, etc. It's almost like I've lost the ability to enjoy things.

Plus, on top of not getting satisfaction from recreation, I feel a constant pull to get back to researching. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it?
edit on 9-9-2011 by thepixelgarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

You need more human interaction.
We go delusional without it.

Hi, I'm * Censored *.
How are you?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know how you feel so it takes a bit of stimulus.
Project: what was contained on each floor of the twin towers at the impact locations.
No applause and get some depends.lol

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
How about taking your knowledge and doing something with it?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

That will never work.

jk

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with research and learning!
Better than being addicted to TV, video games
and such. But you must take breaks - get with
a friend to discuss what you are learning, make
it an outing of hiking or sports that you enjoy.
Enjoy nature and it will open up new avenues
for your future research. Go to a science
museum and think about things there you
would like to research further. You can
incorporate your recreational time into your
research. I am sure you can come up with
some ideas to do that.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Hm... I dunno, I'm pretty introverted, and it's never been a problem before.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

Okay, that's an idea. Like what, teaching? Or writing a blog? Or did you have something different in mind?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yeah, nature is absolutely my favorite thing to draw! I love going to the park with my sketchbook.

Incorporating research and rec time is an interesting idea. Maybe I could pick up the illuminati board game, lol. But no, I think you've hit on a big part of my problem. I don't see things the same way as I used to. I'm trying to re-play one of my favorite games, and I'm just like "hmm... I'm killing monsters. Why? I don't really want to kill anything. This just isn't doing it for me anymore." So I'm kind of automatically combining them whether I like it or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I feel like I'm ranting, so it's where I'm putting it. I'm so freaking bored, and it's wearing me down. But it's not that there's nothing to do or learn.

See, the problem is that I've been going through my own "awakening" over the past few months, and I've turned into a cup that can never be filled. I'm constantly studying new subjects. Everything from 9-11 being an inside job, to the illuminati influence in the media, to everything being vibrations. It's all new, and it's all terribly interesting.

So ofcourse, sometimes I get burnt out and I feel like I need to unplug. So I try to give myself some r&r. The problem is that I'm finding that nothing satisfies like it used to. Not music, tv, video games, etc. I immediately get bored because I feel like I've experienced it all before, just packaged differently. Even hobby-related stuff is boring, like composing music, drawing, writing stories, paperfolding, graphic designing, etc. It's almost like I've lost the ability to enjoy things.

Plus, on top of not getting satisfaction from recreation, I feel a constant pull to get back to researching. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it?
edit on 9-9-2011 by thepixelgarden because: (no reason given)

While doing what you say you do is all good. Maybe you need to push your envelope. I see that most of your hobbies can be done without leaving the house.

You, my friend, need a challenge.

I don't know your financial situation, but have you thought of flying lessons? (quite expensive), skydiving? Shooting at a outdoor range and seeing how far you can make "The shot."? (I find indoor ranges boring). Scuba diving?

Ya have to get out and explore beyond your comfort zone. It can be exciting, scary and fun.

edit on 9-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

I'm so freakin' bored I can't see straight!!!

It's not about interest, or what one does or doesn't know or research. It's a blockage. Where to turn? What to do next. How to handle one's (limited) resources.

I'm glad you made this post... thank you, 'cus I am so there too.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
OP, i completely understand what you are saying and where you are coming from. i find it very hard to enjoy things that i used to enjoy, and i for SURE am not as passionate about my career (ok, truthfully, i down right loathe what i do now) because i feel like i work in a field (law) that is a huge part of the problem, and a major contributor to how we got here (the sad state we are in), and the thought of driving through traffic all stressed out about time, all to go be a cog in a machine all day, and then stress out through traffic back home, just makes me wanna shove an icepick in my eye.... i have a hard time having any kind of conversation with my friends or family, because at some point someone will ALWAYS say something that just makes me wanna grab them up and shake them and say "are you freakin blind!?!?" -- i can't enjoy television anymore because it is all just propaganda or somebody trying to sell me something i don't need and can't afford.

it is really hard to let it all go and just ENJOY life right now. i have my moments, you know that i DO find solace in - when i lay down and pet my cat... when i get time with my granddaughter... but even those things can be bittersweet and give me a small sense of sadness - because i think of the world i am leaving to my granddaughter, or if there will even BE a world to leave her (which i try NOT to think about, because THAT is more than i can bear the thought of).

you know... they say that knowledge is power. and i truly do think it is... but it is also very lonely and sad sometimes. i can only hope that i, and you, can somehow find balance within ourselves amidst all of this... and that we can all somehow find it in ourselves to take advantage of the gift of life that we have been given (no matter if you are a religious person or a scientific person: life IS a gift) and live it the way that i think it was truly meant to be lived... happy. i just keep trying to tell myself that if i dwell, and if i let this all keep me down... then "they" have truly won...

great post, op - i really connected with it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Sorry for the delayed response, my wife had surgery yesterday (minor on her wrist, so nothing to worry about).

Highpriestess, you really hit on something important when you mentioned spending time with loved ones. I feel the same way. And I feel that family is one of the most important aspects of life. (at least for me) As to the bittersweet feeling of our children's futures, I use that as fuel to teach my son to think for himself. I try my best not to push my particular beliefs onto him, but rather encourage him to consider all that's out there and then come to his own conclusions.

Thank you for your comments about life being a gift to everyone, no matter if they are scientific or religious. I totally agree.

I think a big part of my problem is that I feel like I'm waiting for something. I don't know what, and no it's NOT the end of the world. But you know how when you are in the waiting room of an office, you might pick up a magazine or play Bejeweled on your phone, or something else that's short-term. But you don't exactly start a long-term project i there because, after all, you're only waiting for an appt. But if the minutes start piling up, eventually you start to get impatient. That's the feeling I've been having. I'm impatient and antsy because I'm waiting for something, but I've no idea what I'm waiting for. Does that make any sense?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Since my last post, I've gotten out of my blue funk & boredom cycle by improving things around me without spending money. Using resources I have at my disposal, without buying anything (or very little) and changing/improving my immediate environment.

For example, I had an old moldy closet in my house that I hated to go into. I got plaster and foam and paint that I already had in the tool shed and completely remodeled it. Changing the energy where you are really helps and is very satisfying. I don't feel bored anymore, I have a focus and I feel like I'm moving forward instead of standing ankle deep in a stagnant pool.

top topics

join