It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We just got back from watching Contagion..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
And it wasn't a bad movie.

I actually liked it(as in, I didn't feel "dumbed down" by watching it).

For those of you that haven't seen it, I might say some spoilers, so
you might want to stop here.

Honestly, I was a little creeped out. My husband is hazmat certified, and
if anything were to happen like this, he'd be those guys in the suits.

I think Gwenyth Paltrow did a good job playing a sick person. Haha

But overall, I felt it was pretty accurate as to how the government would respond
to this type of event.

The "lottery" for who gets the vaccinations really creeped me out. I'm pretty sure, that's
how it would work if something of that nature would happen at such a fast rate.

Oh and Jude Law. My favorite person in the movie. How many of you felt that he would have
been an Ats'er???? Haha He represented the very few that would stand against the governent and
their lies.

Did anyone catch how the Dr. froze the disease along with the SARS and H1N1??
I bet most people didn't even realize what she was doing there.

In general, it was a good movie. We don't go out and watch movies that often, but I was really
interested in Contagion.

I hope I didn't spoil too much for those that still want to see it without knowing the details before.

What are your thoughts?

Pink

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

Thanks for your review.

I just saw it today also was unimpressed. With all the big name stars, I expected something huge. I felt that most of the actors were just repeating their lines with no passion. That's not their fault; that was Soderberdh fault.
I thought the script/story was weak and was filled with gaps. My main concern is that I didn't care about any of the characters because of the stars weak performances except for Jude who was outstanding.

edit on 9-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I wanted to see this today so badly, my boyfriend said we would go, and then came home with no money >
Oh well, Tomorrow is another day! lol. I look foward to seeing it. I was a bit worried it would be like quarantine and the blair witch project.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The lottery for vaccinations?

I remember that happening with the swine flu thing a few years back because healthy people were taking all the vaccine and they barely had any left for those who needed it most (old people, young children, people with diabetes, pregnant women, those with prior health conditions).

I'd never heard of the movie until now and after reading this thread, I might check it out sometime.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I know what you mean. What I liked about it, was that it wasn't
far fetched. It actually seemed pretty realistic. I actually liked
that the characters played normal characters.(if that makes sense)
Of course, it could've been way better, but for once, a movie
was made without the "fake" in it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Did that really happen? That freaks me out. When I saw that,
it reminded me of something that would come out of a book.
But yes, once the vaccine was made, they had a lottery and picked
A ball and it had a birthday on it. Whoever had that bday, was
able to get the vaccine. All others had to wait another 144 days.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think the wife and I will go see this, this weekend, while we're still coughing a lot, getting over the flu...

That ought to make people nervous...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkgomo653

I am going to see this Sat...and Jude Law, well of course it'll be a good movie...
Glad to hear it's worth going to, thanks!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I saw the website for the movie, it seems to be pushing vaccines. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have this feeling that this movie was made to increase profits for the vaccine manufactures. It could be something else, but I definitely get a sinister vibe from it, between the A list cast, the sponsors ect.

www.takepart.com...
edit on 13-9-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

That's exactly what I thought after we left from seeing it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
First off, I can't believe I even went to the movies, I really don't think there's much of anything good to see, not for a while, but I did rather enjoy going with my girlfriend.

The movie could have gone somewhere.. but it really didn't.

I didn't hate it like I hate most crap coming out of hollywood, though.

One thing I have to say is that it makes me glad that something like that hasn't happened to us yet.. to such an extent. And then again, part of my wishes for such chaos and a somewhat forced return to our mother nature.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
didnt like it

got up and left half way through

agree with mr whaa totally 100% unimpressed

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Saw it on Friday. Usually, I love these kinds of flicks. The beginning, or onset was pretty cool, but the film kind of tanked after that. Lots of scenes with no music and no narration. It was like watching a silent movie sometimes! The explanation for the spread of the virus was pretty ludicrous, but the unfolding of how to determine patient zero was kind of neat. Still though, wouldn't really recommend this one.

We should have gone to see Dream House instead. (did you know that Rachel Weiss (sp) and Daniel Craig are real life husband and wife? Odd coupling)....

top topics

join