It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Notice SLOPPY & DELAYED US POSTAL Mail Delivery has become the Norm??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
www.thefivetowns.info...

it used to be so darn quick and basically they're saying that they're going to get slower, and do the opposite of improving and probably at a higher cost to us all by 2012 like every year.

So i was checking on the status of some Ebay merchandise i've been waiting on for over 10 days now. Not just one item, but multiple items (ie, phone headset, new battery, printer ink that actually doesn't cost more than a new printer(!) etc).. and noticed it has slowed down not since Katrina of last month, but since maybe this week 9/5.

also in the past year i've gotten several pieces of misdelivered mail where it clearly had a totally different house number. some seemed like checks and stuff, so of course i rushed to drop them off at the right address but i stopped doing that because here in NYC everyone seems paranoid about strangers going near their homes so i just drop it in the closest box.

and lastly the daily regular mail, stuff (bills, statements etc) i usually receive on the 1st or so of the month, hasnt come all this week. multiple things. i know its not just nyc because same has happened earlier this year at my boston house and at my brother's house in the south when i was there.

and now theres talk of US Postal is going to make drastic cuts and delay service altogether, to 'save money'. i was visualizing if each sack of mail contains around $100 in postage paid, how are they in jeopardy and where is all that money going?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
in humboldt county, california, i have ordered many, many things in the last 20 years and had them delivered via the usps. i had never had a single package lost until about a month ago. since then i've had two that never reached me.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

In our area of the eastcoast they are still doing a pretty good job..to be honest. I'd say 99% of the time my orders arrive reasonably quick and deliveries have been pretty consistant within an hour or so daily.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I think you answered your own question lol. But yes. It is getting slower. Losing funding and man power seems to have that affect. Kooky. I've worked in the mail system. It sucks processing all that mail. Especially when your waiting for something but yoh see everyone else's mail being processed lol

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In the last year I've noticed they must have just said "to hell with that rain, sleet and snow #".

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Your mail is being delivered to CIA headquarters. They are currently scanning for the usual, you know,. I won't mention it here because they know......Once you have been proven not to be of current terroristic threats, you mail is ground shipped to you. Not over nighted like it used to be, budget cuts, you know?

Or it could be because of the Labor Day holiday putting everything off a day, combined with budget cuts

Mail seems ok here in the middle of the cornfield

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have been receiving other people mail quite often lately.

Can only imagine where most of my mail has ended up. Still waiting on a check from an insurance company that was sent in August. Insurance company is investigating. Direct deposit from now on.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The postal unions got greedy, raped the system
and now are needing a bail out.

Unions destroy everything they touch now
they either get rid of the bloated full healthcare
and retirement benefits or they go belly up
and get nothing.
Greedy basterds

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
For Me, All my out going mail, I drop off at a Mail Box at Sears or I go to the UPS store and drop my mail there.
Why, You may ask, I had to pay a $30. late fee on a bill, Now we are never late, always early and I double checked and yes the check was wrote.

OK, That's not the end, After I payed that $30. late payment, my neighbor came over with the envelope I payed that bill with and it had been blown into her rose tree. She told me this had happened to her once too.
I thought to myself, OK, just bad luck.
I was getting out of my car in our drive way and the mail man had just walked away from my mailbox next to our door, and one of my letters dropped to the ground, Because he did not get it in the pouch of his mail bag and he kept on talking on his cell phone and walking.

What happened next upset me and I told him so.
I picked up the letter and ran to him and gave him my letter he had dropped.
He didn't want to accept it because he had as he said, Passed my Residence and I told him what I had seen and I did not appreciate his attitude and I would me making a phone call. he said, Go Ahead, My names is _________ and he walked off, still talking on his cell phone.

I told my husband and we went to the mail post office for our area just 6 miles away and ask to speck to a Supervisor, We waited 45 minutes and then was brushed off by this Supervisor.

NO, We don't use USPS anymore for anything except getting our mail and it would seem they never lose a bill to be payed now do they?
I'm learning to pay all our bills on line, except the electric and city water won't let you.
I would Stop Buying Stamps As Soon As I Could!
Everything that goes to my family in China is UPS or DHL, always delivered on time and I have tracking numbers.

edit on 9-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No problems here...still get my mail with a smile from my postman. Hope all goes well for him and his job...he's my neighbor, too. Okay, so all I get on Saturdays is junk mail but I can deal with that.
Gosh, he's just an old guy doing his job, and probably felt pretty good about his career, up until now..."dang internet..."
edit on 9-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't know why they just don't go ahead and shut it down.

Mandate government payment like SS. tax refunds, etc. be direct deposit. Require banks to allow people who receive government payments no fee accounts with checks/debit card or maybe pickup point for preloaded cards with direct deposit to card.. Boo Hoo if business can't send you junk mail flyers, magazines, bills, etc.

Maybe mandate every TV be able to send/receive email or do a new set top box coupon like they did for digital conversion. Go crazy and make it a full blown computer that uses the TV screen and a wireless keyboard and mouse with option of dial up or broadband connection and optional dumb down help menus. Good way to roll out internet to all homes.

Maybe magazine subscriptions include a kindle or something similar.

If physical paper is real important there is always UPS, FedX and others.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Whether this is indicative of the US Postal system coming to a close or not, if it does you can bet this is just one of the ways they are making it more difficult to function without having the internet. They want to make it so you cant pay by check anymore. Wouldn't it seem that society is encouraged to do more internet shopping? So who is going to deliver the stuff anyhow?

edit on 9/9/2011 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I don't know why they just don't go ahead and shut it down.

Mandate government payment like SS. tax refunds, etc. be direct deposit. Require banks to allow people who receive government payments no fee accounts with checks/debit card or maybe pickup point for preloaded cards with direct deposit to card.. Boo Hoo if business can't send you junk mail flyers, magazines, bills, etc.

Maybe mandate every TV be able to send/receive email or do a new set top box coupon like they did for digital conversion. Go crazy and make it a full blown computer that uses the TV screen and a wireless keyboard and mouse with option of dial up or broadband connection and optional dumb down help menus. Good way to roll out internet to all homes.

Maybe magazine subscriptions include a kindle or something similar.

If physical paper is real important there is always UPS, FedX and others.

edit on 9-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: changed my mind....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
USPS is a waste. Tired of seeing tax money wasted on junk mail. Let it fail and let the free market replace it. Would much rather see my deliveries go UPS or fedex. They are awesome in their customer service. The US Mail is mostly a nuisance...just like my landline phone. Mail only delivers junk and landline phone only rings in telemarketers.

I have even started sending birthday cards UPS because I need them to get there on time.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Have definitely noticed all of the things you mentioned for the last six months at least. Mail is sporadic at best and every day, there's a different mail carrier delivering the mail. No smile, no friendly service, no feeling of community like there used to be; just a stranger struggling to try to put the letter in the right person's mailbox (which happens infrequently). With that said, it's unfortunate but the writing has been on the wall for a while now since so much of our previous written communication is now being exchanged electronically. I wouldn't be surprised if within a few short years, there's no more USPS and all packages are delivered via private companies like fedex.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Ignant, I feel your pain, man. In fact, my mailman didn't come at all today. Furthermore, I think he just stopped coming on Mondays all together. I've had checks delivered to my neighbors homes and god knows what else I may not be receiving myself.

Services are definitely sucking big time. We have different carriers all the time and never have a consistent delivery time.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Here in the UK, we used to get our mail before we set off to work at about 7-8am but now we're lucky if we get it by lunch time.

Can't complain though, those post guys do a brilliant job... When they're not losing my mail of course!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
USPS has never been responsible for their own service. Their tracking is not tracking. Only proof of arrival which if it does not arrive they can tell you "it hasn't arrived yet". I once sent an overnight package to NC. It was insured and tracked. All the bells and whistles. It arrived 3 months later with no explanation. When I went to the post office to complain they said it was in transit. when I said it was overnighted and tracked they said tracking only tells them when it arrives and leaves. nothing more.
now if i was told the truth or not I don't know, but I do know that is what I was told. You cannot run a business on the shoulders of the Government. That's what they are, no doubt.
Now for mail delivery? last week i ordered a new i3 processor on ebay. It arrive in good time [1 week] . when I opened the package it had a heatsink, and the processor had been removed. Imagine that. The packaged had been opened, the inside box with the intel seal broken. Processor taken, box resealed professionally or at least very very well. and I was out 100 bucks.
We used to get our mail every day same time. We generally had the same mail person every day. Now we are lucky to have the same mail person for more than a week. I guess they rotate them often. Not a good plan since they learn their routes which are very detailed. Then move to another one? Just plain stupid.
our mail came every day around 10 am. Now we can expect delivery anywhere from 9am up to 6pm! and sometimes none at all. My inlaws mailed a card to my wife for her birthday. It arrived 2 1/2 months later with a post mark on it of Brazil! They live 30 miles away! There is not consistent at all. Any small business or big business owner will tell you that integrity, accountability, responsibility, and consistency is all important.
and the USPS has none of those qualities. They have had the golden egg given to them from the fed repeatedly and have never been accountable. Since many businesses are dependent on this service, I imagine the postal will continue to wallow in the mire as it always has. But it will indeed at some point---fail.

new topics

top topics

join