It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i've arrived! and to prove it, i'm here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
hello,
what's a guy with 50-some posts and some stars already doing posting an introduction? well, i hadn't done one, i had felt kind of silly posting about myself, but i decided i would make one because i have come to really respect some members of the ats community and i felt good enough about it to want to make an introduction.

i initially tried to make my intro post and content post about the situation in libya. i had seen many try this tactic before, but my post was rightfully shut down post haste because it wasn't an introduction. at any rate, the situation in libya is something that interests me.

also, i am interested in several issues that are considered "conspiracy" issues; i have greatly enjoyed member TupacShakur's posts, for instance, in which he has relayed info regarding the deaths of malcolm x, dr. martin luther king jr., and robert f. kennedy as these men and the subjects of their deaths are of great interest to me.

so far from ats i have learned a great deal of things regarding ancient astronomer theories and have even started downloading HC's 'ancient aliens' tv show. while i don't receive any tv service, i admit that my ps3 is one of my vices and i have enjoyed relating aspects of the assassin's creed series' storyline to the various theories regarding the dawn of the human species. i am also a devout worshipper of stanley kubrick, especially his '2001: a space odyssey,' a film oft mentioned as significant among the ancient builder theories.

from my love of author philip k. dick i have become interested in the notions of 'what is reality?' or 'what is human?' with regards to the advent of actual artificial intelligence.

i grew up in a staunchly methodist home, although i have grown away from most christian practices. i have no disrespect for christianity (most of my family is christian), and i appreciate anything that promotes love for one another and community, my path has led to different ideological places than what is taught in the modern christianity. i have studied religion (although just briefly- a comparative religions class and a history class focusing on relgion), but mostly my feelings on the subject originate from personal experience (although what i did learn about religion in the two classes i took on the subject has been invaluable to me in coming to my own conclusions).

i also took many psychology classes along my road to my degree, which is in history (with a focus on early american history), so each of these subjects catch my interest and, as luck would have it, ats has many threads that have something to do with one or all of these things.

i love music, art, film, family.

and i am happy to start (or continue) my ats journey. in my long history of lurking i have learned so much, it would be my pleasure to give back to an ats community i have grown to love, for the most part. lots of smart people here!

thank you and i hope to be seeing you around!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

i've arrived! and to prove it, i'm here!,

Pics or it didn't happen!

Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

i often hear of atsers and the chat function. i can't wait to be able to use it. thanks for the tips!

also- i'm in chrome, any known issues for chrome and ats? will the ribbon just pop up after 200 posts?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

ha! i've noticed that's the ats mantra! i'll try to get some corroborating evidence!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

BAH!! HAHA!! Need proof... Say I forgot to mention in my intro thread that I am quite proficient in Photoshop CS4 ...

new topics

top topics

join