It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 protest in Hartford, CT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There was a 9/11 protest in my state yesterday. In Hartford, Connecticut, 9/11 activist and engineer Wayne Coste organized a protest challenging the accepted version of how the buildings collapsed. "How they could have collapsed so suddenly..." says Coste who then answers his own question: "controlled demolition." I have to admit, it was very professionally done. They had very well laid out signs, a table with literature, and even a laptop showing video of how the towers collapsed.

One slight problem- only THREE people showed up for the protest. THREE. The truthers had ten years to organize their claims and they only had a turnout of THREE people. This isn't a protest. It's a Gin Rummy game.

I'm not going to comment on just how sad this event was because I don't have the heart to kick these three people while they're down. What I do want to ask is just WHERE are all these "80% of the population believe 9/11 was an inside job" crowds you truthers keep telling us about, if only three people showed up to this thing?

Link to Hartford Courant OPINIONS page

At what point will it finally dawn on you that these damned fool conspiracy web sites have suckered you, and suckered you badly? They can't even manage to give you a population statistic without lying through their teeth.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
simple

you can't hide behind a keyboard in the light of day

I think a lot of it is just blowing off steam or misdirected anger

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Damn, how disappointing that only 3 showed up!

I am from CT, I grew up in Danbury, not far from Hartford, I would have been there.

I think the problem is, so many in that area of CT, are not paying attention. I know my friends from there are to involved in what gym they go to, what school their kids attend, trying to keep up with the Jones' is more important than what is actually going on in the world. I hate to say this, but my friends and family from that area were praising Obama for killing Osama, it made me sick....they have no idea! They are sheep in every meaning of the word..why? Are they uneducated? ...NO! Are they stupid people?...NO! Are they only paying attention to the media, and what they are being fed?...YES - 100% yes!!!

If they start be without a job, get sick of facebook, have no money to go shopping...maybe...just MAYBE they will start to pay attention to what the hell is going on! I can only hope

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ya know at this point I just wanna move on Im tierd of try to open ppls eyes
ThY will learn when thay are ready

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I live in CT too and didn't even know there was a protest....i hate using the word protest....to me telling the truth should be called an awakening...I think the organizers did a poor job publicizing it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Says a guy who argues ad nauseum with people on a dam fool conspiracy website. Would it have been to much to.ask for you to give ppl a heads up that this was going down? Or did you just not wanna give it any press time? I know, I know, you didn't wanna get suckered into the old "even bad press is good advertising" rigamarole. If you dis like us truthers so much just leave us alone then lol. Your not gonna convince us your right, and obviously your not gonna be able to be convinced by us cuz you blatantly hate us.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
just wanted to *wave* to my fellow CT residents (and former ones)!
Yeah, people in this state are keyboard commandos but can't back up what they type. I've been guilty of it many times...it's the northern air...or smog floating over from NY...dunno.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Says a guy who argues ad nauseum with people on a dam fool conspiracy website. Would it have been to much to.ask for you to give ppl a heads up that this was going down? Or did you just not wanna give it any press time? I know, I know, you didn't wanna get suckered into the old "even bad press is good advertising" rigamarole. If you dis like us truthers so much just leave us alone then lol. Your not gonna convince us your right, and obviously your not gonna be able to be convinced by us cuz you blatantly hate us.

ATS is NOT a "conspiracy web site". They have no in-house conspiracy that they're peddling over all else. It's more like a conspiracy discussion board, where anyone for or against any conspiracy can come and have their say. The more popular oves (I.E. 9/11) have their own forums while the weaker ones (I.E. the moon landing is a hoax) have to share it with a general "Space Exploration" forum.

True conspiracy web sites (I.E. Loose Change) are sites that promote an in-house conspiracy with militant zealotry and no alternative opinions are tolerated. I know this because I was banned after two weeks from their site for posting the flaws in their mockumentary. I at least was fortunate- the people who support the "no planes" conspiracy are banned as soon as they open their mouth. The ATS moderators are a mature crew of people who allow people here to have their say as long as they're civil, so as conspiracy boards go this place is a breath of fresh air.

FYI I didn't know it was going down either. If I did, do you really think I wouldn't have gone there to heckle them? You can see right away on the poster in the background that they were pulling the "snip the penthouse footage off the video to artificially make it look like a controlled demlitions" stunt again.

edit on 9-9-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The Moronic Silly Majority and the Main Stream Media go together.

Harvard graduates can't explain winter and summer.

www.youtube.com...

psik

new topics

top topics

join