It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Immortals be living among us?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Actually a normal distribution could be done including accidental death. Also I wasn't proposing an infinite life just that a very long one could be attempted to predict with statistics. This may however be a problem with statistics.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

no we dont and we can still die
only joking or am eye

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
If one doesn't mind looking into the occult then immortality is supposed to be possible by:
A. Create a servitor: magical servant, an entity coming from your mind.
NOTE
After some time the servitor has to get a life of it's own and a purpose/ work to do It will be your servant and you give it tasks..
B. On your death bed you integrate yourself into the servitor.
NOTE
You will have to be careful on forming the servitor, as you will require one you can integrate yourself into.
PROBLEMS
If this were possible you would have to be careful, as a servitor needs a purpose and has it's own will. So although a servant when you integrate yourslef into it you could find yourself trapped and a prisoner for all time. Reabsorbing of a servitor is supposed to be dangerous and sometimes violent ( probably because you have at this point gone mad as you have created an imaginary friend,), and so if you do not like your servitor you have a real problem....

Also as this is fairly common knowledge other wise I would not know there would be # loads of immortals. However physically you would die but your spirit and mind would live on in your you servitor hybrid. However as your servitor is a part of you this fusion could correctly done not cause any problems.

Alternatively ribonucleicacid RNA was once said when injected fro one rats brain to another that it knew things that were only experienced by the first rat ( the rat who's RNA it was. I do not think however that the experiment was ever duplicated. Could be worth a try however.

memories can be placed inside of another brain.

the woman who was arrested for stalking Steven Spielberg talks a lot about this technology. She actually has a lot of info on this type of freaky tech even though I think some of it is very wrong, but not everyone is going to be right about everything.

The problem is, she cannot define her sources and otherwise comes off as a quack by making way too lofty conspiracy claims.

I think she is just an actress who was paid to go to cushy prison for a very short while.

I want to know where she gets this info from. She claims to know the fluid that is involved in the viability or function or whatever of that part of the brain... I looked it up and her claim is the only one i can find on that subject, which takes me right back to the drawing board... not that i would be expecting to find full truth in her crazy articles but I expect to at least leave with an impression of some sort after someone tries very hard to be that convincing.

I can't even walk away with an opinion. Talking to most people is like that though... they constantly ask for answers but give none and they start trying very hard not to give answers but to give IMPRESSIONS... in other words, they want you to subscribe to their opinion. I can't even get the right impression that they want me to have even if it's nothing but deception.

All I can gather is that it is both compelling and dismissive. What does that equal?

ZERO!!!!... i feel like people are trying so hard to convince my brain of something and on one hand i'm deeply offended but on the other hand, i'm simply aggravated that they are not doing a better job so that i can simply settle on one lie or another and be done with it.

DISINFO AGENTS, CHARLETONS, CRAZY MEDIA PEOPLE...

For the love of God could you just learn how to lie and act if you are going to insist on doing it so we can at least be comfortable in THE LIE.

HORRIBLE ACTORS!

*sigh*... anyway...

Does anyone have any scientific info on this exchange of information?

I'm just trying to find something solid.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by jjf3rd77

no we dont and we can still die
only joking or am eye

You're not from the prince fan site are you

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ribonucleicacid or RNA thing was from a book I used to have. As I said the result was never duplicated. The servitor thing is just part of the occult. I thought I made it quite clear that I personally believe that such things are impossible. I simply added the information for completeness, as there is no scientific was to gain immortality I should also state that my statement n a proposed use of the normal curve did not mention immortality: just a long one. It simply adds a way to quantify; probably inaccurately as it would taking the information too far: just how long a life would be possible with a certain population It is however the only quantitative method in an answer. It would allow some kind of rough calculation to be made.

edit on 23-9-2011 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Only of you're dealing with the normal population. For example, right now if you get two standard deviations above the mean, you're closing in on 100%. IIRC 68% of the population is, by definition, 1 standard deviation above and below the mean/median/mode. So 1 standard deviation above the mean gets you to, umm, 84%. (68% plus one half the difference between 100 and 68, so 68+16) If you're at 2 standard deviations, you're just shy of 98% and if you're three, that gets you to 99.9% I THINK. Don't make me drag out the books! It's been awhile!

But the postulate here is that you have a group of people who would skew the normal distribution to the right to the point that it would no longer be a normal distribution, depending on number of people involved, which we do not know. It would be like throwing in the world's population of mayflies into the pot and calculating the average lifespan of humans and mayflies. It throws the whole idea askew. You could do it mathematically, but that begs the question of whether you are getting any useful information.

I think we got off on the statistical angle because we were attempting to assess the odds of dying an accidental death. Tough stuff to figure out because we don't know all the variables.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just remembered the name of the book that mentioned ribonucleicacid and injecting one rat with ribonucleic acid from another rat and the second rt remembering things it had not experienced was called "The limits of science and the science of limits", it was wrote by a professor of astrophysics from oxford or cambridge university. If memory serves me correctly it can be found in the book best by looking at the page numbers of mentioned items at the back of the book, as it is there.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Ribonucleicacid or RNA thing was from a book I used to have. As I said the result was never duplicated. The servitor thing is just part of the occult. I thought I made it quite clear that I personally believe that such things are impossible. I simply added the information for completeness, as there is no scientific was to gain immortality I should also state that my statement n a proposed use of the normal curve did not mention immortality: just a long one. It simply adds a way to quantify; probably inaccurately as it would taking the information too far: just how long a life would be possible with a certain population It is however the only quantitative method in an answer. It would allow some kind of rough calculation to be made.

edit on 23-9-2011 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

If this is answering my question, my question wasn't talking about RNA... or any type of magic or even immortality. You brought up transferring thoughts. I have heard the same and even though it's hearsay without further evidence... i think it's far from the realm of magic.

The thing is... and what makes transfer of thoughts related to immortality is that this could assist in resurrection, but could also be terribly abused.

Why do i believe this? well... because i have concluded that i have a memory that might be mine but did not come from my brain... at least not this one... and then someone else allegedly got into some huge #pile concerning abducting children and sticking needles into people's heads.

oh yeah, and then there is the fact i was visited by an alien.

I don't understand why people just don't come out and say it.
i mean talk about pulling teeth.

I know it's real though... or it could be. That's just common sense. There was a time we never thought people could share kidneys, but look.

memories are in the brain.., the brain is an organ... why would it be so impossible?

If we understood more... maybe it wouldn't be.

My opinion?...everybody wants to die and loose all their memories of this terrible life and not live forever and the majority simply wants the idea of god and his immortality to go away.

personally i think these asshole are bringing me down and i'm not so sure how to feel at the moment... but then again, my eyeballs are being poked out and that is never pleasant.

talk about this technology and people will be LOSING THEIR FREAKING MINDS.

why? because they are so scared of death... they'd rather die.

I don't know... i'm just calling it as i see it.

Grown ass men running around with guns shooting each other not afraid to die...

talk about alien tech and show them aliens and they turn into little mice scurrying around for a bigger weapon.
edit on 23-9-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well it may not skew the distribution as a normal distribution is normally only classed as valid a certain number of deviations from the norm. It may be a stretch for the statistical model but may not skew it: more expecting more from the model than would normally be thought as proper. Also sometimes a distribution such as the normal distribution is used asymetrically: only one half is used. A statistical model is after all just a model and so not perfect.There would also be the problem as as a normal distribution goes on forever at both ends, it would produce people that lived for a minus amount of time: one reason why it is utilized for only a certain number of distributions. So the model has limits. I suppose from a viewpoint the question is if immortality existed, then people who had never lived who should also, Getting into the mysticism and metaphysics and religion there would have to be people who went to heaven and never existed: and being in heaven more than others...... Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well it may not skew the distribution as a normal distribution is normally only classed as valid a certain number of deviations from the norm. It may be a stretch for the statistical model but may not skew it: more expecting more from the model than would normally be thought as proper. Also sometimes a distribution such as the normal distribution is used asymetrically: only one half is used. A statistical model is after all just a model and so not perfect.There would also be the problem as as a normal distribution goes on forever at both ends, it would produce people that lived for a minus amount of time: one reason why it is utilized for only a certain number of distributions. So the model has limits. I suppose from a viewpoint the question is if immortality existed, then people who had never lived who should also, Getting into the mysticism and metaphysics and religion there would have to be people who went to heaven and never existed: and being in heaven more than others...... Just a thought.

ok... that hurt my brain a little but think I've got my head wrapped around what you are saying in that last.

the poeple who live for minus time, lol... interesting.

ok, what if for the sake of order that this distribution of immortality could be more widespread if people gravitated away from the urge to procreate? ... unless of course the existing immortals brought enough order into the world by allowing new births when those new people will have homes. right now, we don't even have enough homes (homes, not houses) for the people who already exist. we fix that, we get immortality... we sit back and relax for a while instead of popping babies out left and right and look closely at our key problems... with a new found ongoing intellect that has a lot of time to gain info. to me, that's head way.

also, even though people have been alive on earth a while... many are simply revisiting. therefore, it might not be so hard to distribute this immortality to more and more people... but those people would not be born into a world of chaos as you see it, but into a more stable form of order... which equals much happier people in general who can settle into a long long stable life.

also, this would give us a chance to look at each individual very closely to find out more about who they really are...and who they have been... or will be. If we could help them understand this, this would enrich their lives assuming we had gotten rid of all the LIES first.

because regardless of all the risks and all the misery in life, the real problem is simply not having the truth.

We ALL should be able to carry TRUTH freely. If we could, much evil would be eliminated.... but we still treat TRUTH as a secret commodity.

We are never going to get there. Not because we can't, but because bad men will be making the choice for us. that's why.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
When i say more and more people... I mean with the hopes of giving this to everyone... eventually. revelations can be read a certain that suggests if any biblical prophecy is true that t will take god and angels a little while to actually bring everyone back.

You see, after judgment day, it is supposed to be yet another THOUSAND years before death is swallowed up.
It doesn't exactly suggest that God comes down and snaps his fingers and everyone has wings.

thinking this would taker some time anyway... also suggests it may be a issue of working out kinks or something or sorting everyone out... then as this progresses there will be more and more that can help sort the mess out and then start helping each other find the answers to who they are.

Here's a weird though... sometimes it makes me sad.. like it just did but sometimes I try to think differently about it.
The dead will often be allowed to come back and say goodbye or communicate something to the living... but after twenty years since my fathers passing... there is more of ...how should I say this... a spiritual outline left, rather than his energy... but i have never shaken the thought that he is "around"...as if i am being told that.

I believe something happens when people die, they have to go back through many cycles before living again and this takes time. have been told around a quarter of a century but i can't be certain where this info comes from... read it online.

What if there is a way to speed it up and guide them without going all the way back through limbo or whatever.

i don't know why that would have happened to my father, but i have had some recent thoughts on that which i don't quite understand. i considered that he may have already been reborn into another family and i don't know why that would be.... or if the limbo thing is even true. It certainly feels true... especially when I have been told in many arcane ways that I share a birthday with some people I am supposed to be connected to somehow.... as if we died on the same day and someone was able to successfully calculate this and find us.

When you hear about stuff like hat but even the basic facts are held from you... how will we get anywhere?

i think this planet really wants to just die or something... and I wish there WAS somewhere else to go... because this really isn't looking hopeful. I know for a fact that I can't survive this way. what's the point in even trying/ to make it harder on everyone else?... or just to get even with those who have been trying for years to get you to put a gun t your head.

i think even WITH immortality...some will still just get tired and want to sleep.

I think this whole world really just wants to sleep. If we could just keep ourselves from coming back. why can't we? why did we even come back?

what a bad idea that was but maybe that's what you get when you try to be a hero... you get used as transistor and are laid to the ground as dead energy.

or perhaps it was more of a punishment.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

no mate just a bit of fun

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, I could see it. In fact, I expect it. I'm not buying off on the various religious or occult interpretation of what happens, but I'm thinking maybe the reincarnation cycle is 'true,' but without the religious dogma and overtones. There surely is a lot of anecdotal evidence and personal experiences that points to it. How the personality and soul fit into the picture, I don't know. It's been analyzed ad nauseum and, of course, you have quite a few people who believe they have the whole thing down, and they're quite willing to tell you all about it.

That's why the opening gambit on this thread is kind of intriguing. What if there are immortals walking among us who stay in this plain of existence, just like John Oldman in "Man from Earth"? Now I agree that life on Earth the way we are living it seems at times to suck and that it is easy to feel pretty gloomy about the state of the planet. However, if you were immortal, suddenly your perspective changes. Suddenly it doesn't matter one whit whether social security implodes. Medicare be damned. Wherever you are is going to change and you will need to change with it. It doesn't matter whether you are rich or poor; you'll have plenty of time to be both. John Oldman lived very simply in a small, almost decrepit cottage, but said, "I've owned castles!" But it doesn't matter any more. You'd be an eyewitness to history and understand it at a depth no one has heretofor experienced.

Do I believe this has happened? Well, I say it this way. It's technically possible, but I doubt it. If it has, I will probably never know with any degree of certainity. Is there a way to force the issue by doing the "right thing"? That's what Ben Abba seems to think. I think that would be especially difficult to live with because you may just have circumvented the only path to growth you had. All your firends are reincarnating multiple times, learning entirely new stuff, and here you are stuck in the same old body here on Earth. Perhaps you would get very very tired of it. But in the case of John Oldman, he had no idea what happened. It just did. I think that adds some pathos to the idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

no mate just a bit of fun

not that there is anything wrong with you being from the prince fansite... unless of course you are a spy...and in that case, for the good of both parties to prevent disinfo, we must tie you up and never let you leave again.

...but then again, most of us will simply take your word for it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think immortality even given an endless space to put people in would be an abomination. I say so not for religious reasons, but because the human race is as great as it is because of our mortality. Even the ancient Greeks thought of it and in the ILLIAD there is the element of the nobility of man, our bravery is something Gods can never be because of our mortality. I think without mortality, humanity would be undeveloping. We may die, our families may die but the human race continues, we are all part of something greater and in that way we live on.
Is this just a ruse so BlacksatinDancer can do more posts about aliens....
edit on 24-9-2011 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hope Bill Murray is immortal.

But you can sell your soul to the devil to get it right. How else can Keith Richards and Bob Dylan still be alive?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I think immortality even given an endless space to put people in would be an abomination. I say so not for religious reasons, but because the human race is as great as it is because of our mortality. Even the ancient Greeks thought of it and in the ILLIAD there is the element of the nobility of man, our bravery is something Gods can never be because of our mortality. I think without mortality, humanity would be undeveloping. We may die, our families may die but the human race continues, we are all part of something greater and in that way we live on.
Is this just a ruse so BlacksatinDancer can do more posts about aliens....
edit on 24-9-2011 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

I tend to attempt to understand the bible and although I don't think I interpret a lot of things therein as tradition would have, I do have an interest in the story and see a certain design in it that seems very valid and have even called myself a Christian.

Therefore I would appreciate if you did not try to involve me in any of your posts that speaks of the promise of God as an abomination to Man... as though Man is superior because he is an innocent child and God is the cruel parent... yet God gives him life, so to me... that is pretty blasphemous and an offense to some of my core beliefs. The fact that you are openly trying to engage me in an argument against my own beliefs that way makes that a pretty direct troll so I guess you are personally hurt about something I have said. I have no idea what that could be so be aware that whatever intended point you have to make, it didn't exactly come across due to your chosen method of trying to make a point, but I will make a note that you either have some kind of problem or that you have a very strange way of trying to engage in conversation with someone you obviously enjoy reading.

edit on 25-9-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
Therefore I would appreciate if you did not try to involve me in any of your posts that speaks of the promise of God as an abomination to Man... as though Man is superior because he is an innocent child and God is the cruel parent... yet God gives him life, so to me... that is pretty blasphemous and an offense to some of my core beliefs.

Who cares what your beliefs are? I don't happen to agree with s12345's contention here, even a little bit. It's simply a value judgment, but I certainly support his right to express his point of view. I don't give a rat's patootie if that offends you or not. After you were offended, then what happened? Are you now claiming PTSD? Did your blood pressure go up. Did you fall into a deep depression from which there is no escape? You mean you actually read something you didn't agree with? Then WHY are you here? Surely you don't want everyone else here to avoid a subject because it might offend you! The word "blasphemy" has no place here. We're long past the church bringing people to trial. Get over it.

Yet s12345 has ALSO expressed offense because he thinks immortality is an "abomination" based on philosophical grounds. So he "doesn't like" it. So? Same rule applies. Who cares if you think immortality is an "abomination"? That's not the issue here. The issue is, "Could immortals be living among us?" That has nothing to do with gods. It has nothing to do with a potential afterlife. It has nothing to do about whether you approve of the concept or not.

And the answer is: Some people say they are immortal. Some people say they have met people who are immortal. There have been several stories written about what it would like to be immortal throughout recorded history. But the fact is, we don't know. Now, do you have anything to add to that which might expand our understanding of the basic question being asked, or should this thread be closed down because the only thing we've got left is people being offended?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Immortals supposed to live among us: Saint Germain, 8 immortals of Han dynasty,Elvis Presley,Santa Claus ( he has sightings)...
edit on 25-9-2011 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Watched a movie called "Cronos" yesterday and it has an interesting take on immortality and I thought that the idea wasn't executed to its fullest potential. However it is worth watching for the concept alone.

What one may find to be most intriguing is that the tale bears similarities with the popular 'urban' legend of st germaine.

Most of all I find alchemy to be an intriguing subject. Certain aspects of it may be considered as being improbable by modern science and yet I suppose that is bizzare that obscene amounts of gold are found in the temples of my country. I reckon that it would be sheer folly to disregard an idea completely just because we consider it as being too utterly fantastic to be true.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that actual immortals may exist among us but then again the concept of immortality is not an improbable one and neither is it scientifically untenable.However if they were to exist then we could also presume that they exist as a coven and must have considered such possibilities while figuring out a means to escape attention.We have figured out ways to elongate our lifespan so immortality isn't very far fetched at all. However even if a means to achieve this were to be discovered then I don't believe that it would ever be made accessible to the mainstream for obvious reasons....
edit on 26-9-2011 by Leonardo01 because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join