It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Immortals be living among us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
is there any way you can clarify that last part?

i can't be sure if i'm getting the proper meaning.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Being immortal has it's ups and downs, and I feel sorry for people who are immortal.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Im sorry there is no immortal humans and I wouldn't want to see you hurt yourself trying to figure out if your one too...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Spock Shock

but proving immortals are real is just as hard as proving ghosts, aliens, or God is real.

You can't know for sure because they don't want you to know about them.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IblisLucifer

So do you think the ancient Gods could have been, not aliens, but actual living breathing immortal humans. And have since went into hiding because humanity grew up, got smarter, and realized what they were?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Imagine having a cavity for all that time! That would be aggravating.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

Going further with the Biblical recounts also in Gen. I think that God's punishment was not just banishment from the Garden, but isn't there some reference to them (Adam & Eve) having to experience Death? Didn't it infer that they were granted everlasting life until they bit from the fruit? No I think it was referenced that "what if they eat from the tree of life and be like gods immortal"? okay never mind I got it backwards lol. Well still I remember something about eternal life, maybe it was that the soul/spirit was granted life eternal up to the point where they bit the apple and then seperation from God happened and there would be only eternal life for those that found their way back to God? Maybe that is what is screwing me up idk?
However I beleive that if they did live so long in the days of Genesis, wouldn't it go without saying that maybe during evolution a mutation evolved in at least one person that granted them eternal physical life? Also other biblical stories elude to this, can't remember exactly which ones but oen metioned that one dude would walk the earth until judgement day he would not die, etc. Can't remember who the story is about. Maybe that story evolved from someone who had part in the construction of the bible who actually met a person of immortality? See every writer knows the main law of writing fiction, it is to write what you know, so if you're even writing what is supposed to be non-fiction, you still want tos tick with what you know.And if you were immortal would you not think it a curse? Or if you met an immortal, would you not think it to have been a curse hearing how the person described losing everyone they love and having to continue, not being able to die, no rest for the wicked, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Spock Shock

but proving immortals are real is just as hard as proving ghosts, aliens, or God is real.

You can't know for sure because they don't want you to know about them.

True, but I think there are many texts that if you looked closely at them you may find some evidence.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Timaeus refers to as the father and maker of the universe. And since the universe is fair, the demiurge must have looked to the eternal model to make it, . Hence, using the eternal and perfect world of "forms" or ideals as a template, he set about creating our world, which formerly only existed in a state of disorder(Chaos)
Hesiod's Theogony (116ff) tells Chaos (the All) to be a formless state preceding the creation of the universe
after arose broad-breasted Gaia was the great mother of all , She brought forth Uranus, the starry sky, her equal-since the sky is dark-(Yin and Yang) and both son and husband of Gaia to balance the chaos-(Universal soul /Brahman/Force) Gaia (Mother Earth) lay with her son, Uranus Father sky (Lord and the Ruler of the Universe) who as (Demiurge/Craftsman) bore with her the world-ocean god Oceanus, Coeus and Crius and the Titans Hyperion and Iapetus, Theia and Rhea, Themis, Mnemosyne, and Phoebe of the golden crown, and lovely Tethys. After them was born Cronus (Father of Time/Gravity Since gravity is what flows causes the flow of energy back to "The All"), After Cronus attacked him with the sickle castrating him and casting his testicles into the sea. For this,Uranus and Gaia also prophesied that Cronus in turn was destined to be overthrown by his own sons that represent the 3 other fundamental forces of physics-Zeus King of the Gods and god of lightning (electromagnetism) Posiden God of the Sea (weak nuclear) Hades God of the Underworld (Storng Nuclear) all of which work against Cronus (Father of Time/Gravity) who they cast into a shadowy underworld region Tartarus in side Gaia, but continuse to the energy from the sky (heavens) where enough (Mass/Eneergy) is pressent to overpower the the 3 fundamental forces and flow to the tartarus (black holes)

After being deposed Uranus (Demiurge) threatened vengeance (Later in history the term "demiurge" became a term of vilification by Gnostics who purported the demiurge was a fallen and ignorant god or False One) Who since being castrated could no longer create, slowly being drained of the energy in the (heavens) becoming weaker left only with the heavens ability to influence the things below which allowed the Sky to joining with Elemental Earth(material world-4 states of matter plasma/gas/liquid/solid)thru Styx the boundary between Earth and the Underworld meaning "hate" and "detestation" or anything dark dark, dismal, and murky transforming the sky god Uranus (Sith Lord Death Yahweh?)

Their great one is blind; because of his power and his ignorance and his arrogance he said with his power "It is I who am god; there is none apart from me."

When he said this, he sinned against the Entirety. And this speech reached up to Incorruptibility. And behold, a voice came forth from Incorruptibility, saying, "You are mistaken, Samael"--which is, "god of the blind."
His thoughts became blind. He cast out his power, that is, the blasphemy he had spoken. He pursued it down to chaos and the abyss, his mother, through Pistis Sophia. And she established his offspring, each one according to its power--after the pattern of the Aeons that are above, for from the Invisible were visible things invented.

Which unbalanced the world creating a False Gods Head more people take a piece of allowing for the All Soul corruption by the very forces that maintain and control the universe balance the mortal souls(fire) that each person takes as a piece of the All making them part of the manifestation of god. which long ago but at the present are fighting for control of the mortal human beings whose growth is the only way Samael the Father of Lies can bring the the ALL closer to him. Exploiting the divisions present in all groups and sub-groups using false or incomplete truth(s). Since all every thing born a new without the knowledge of truth. By manipulate other Gods/Immortals fight each other and dominate the weak minded mortals souls.

The Gospel of Philip ends with its promise:
"If anyone becomes a 'son of the bridechamber' he will receive the Light. If anyone does not receive it while he is in these places, he cannot receive it in the other place. He who receives any Light will not be seen, nor can he be held fast. No one will be able to trouble him in this way, whether he lives in the world or leaves the world. He has already received the Truth in images, and the World has become the Aeon. For the Aeon already exists for him as Pleroma, and he exists in this way. It is revealed to him alone, since it is not hidden in darkness and night but is hidden in a perfect Day and a holy Night."

Only those not seeking answers, will learn the knowledge of truth leading to the veil (matrix) where they must choose to look through paying price of admission giving up a part of or all of themselves to be not told but shown the truth forcing them to understanding that one is all and all is one, non above or below, each two different and all one in the same

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Actually all of Christianity, and pretty much all of Religion is about finding that immortal everlasting life. Could such a thing have existed on Earth at one point in the Human evolutionary timeline?

I don't think it's so outrageous to believe that MAYBE the immortality that all religions/all people try to find is based on something real something tangible and something that can be obtained by our race once again. Weather it be through the fountain of youth, some unknown bacterial strain, a genetic mutation, or computer technology, we will find immortality. And I think we will do it soon

Death is another interesting concept, here. Most cultures believe that the soul lives again through some variation after death. We think of our soul as immortal. Couldn't that be because there is a small left over piece of our immortal timeline re-awakening in our subconscious?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Wow - that was really interesting. Can't fathom why someone would do that as a prank over the course of multiple conversations.

Makes you wonder...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here's an analysis of Man from Earth for your reading pleasure. I think you and some commentors are mixing up the specific story with the theory of immortality here. It has nothing to do with Jesus--that's just a plot element that was stuck in there to add to the tension. I'm not sure it needed to be there, but the characters had to have something to get angry about, and that certainly provided it. For an extremely low-budget film it's done pretty well.

In terms of actual immortality, I think someone who wanted to do that would be outsmarting themselves. Still, I think it would be fun to do. If there are any people like that in the world, I'm sure they aren't talking. If anyone claims to be in that situation, they likely are not. Still, it's a compelling discussion.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
who chats with a chat bot you know its not real so why have won no won would stay for that unless they wer greasy

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

a great film in its day
i for one always think theres some truth in all stories

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by methuselah1937

Obviously, the most likely explanation for this is that we have someone yanking our chain. It kind of reminds me of the John Titor episode where "John" claimed to be a time traveler from the future. (Just google or search ATS: He's all over.) I think most people have decided Titor was just having some fun at everyone's expense, but there are others who remain "intrigued." Since this is ATS, you can always find someone to believe an odd story.

Notice how the bait is set here. He 'won't talk about it.' When asked, he repeats himself and 'won't talk about it.' Wow! Now that's mysterious. There might be something to it! Of course, we WANT there to be something to it. I know I do. I would like nothing better to believe in a story that at least some people are 'immortal' even if it is not me. It's an exciting prospect. And, if you will see my earlier post with a link to an essay on The Man from Earth, it's a common theme in literature that has been around a long time.

As with many themse here on ATS, part of the allure is that you can't prove it. If it were not mysterious, it wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

If you read what others have to say about Man from earth, one of the most common objections has to do with the chances of someone who is otherwise immortal being in a fatal accident. The claim is that "Oldman" (that's our immortal) cannot possibly have lived for 15,000 years because chances are he would have been in an accident. The thing is, I've never seen a statstical accounting that could prove this contention. Ifanyone has some thoughts on hos to deal with this issue I'd love th hear about them.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Statistically speaking anybody living for a very long time makes the odds for accidental death increase. Even thirty year olds are twice as likely to be killed in vehicular accidents than the 20 something year olds. I don't really know the exact reasoning behind this but ask the auto insurance companies; 20 something and teenagers are more likely to get severely injured and 30 somethings are more prone to dying not costing a lot of money to the insurance company, and that's the reason at teenage and 20 yr olds your auto insurance is much higher. That is also coupled with the amount of experience too, but this all figures together to determine the amount you pay for vehicle insurance.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
They are dick clark, ted mcginnley, and cher

What about madonna? Shes like... 9000 years old or somthing.. BUT SHE STILL LOOKS LIKE SHES 20 O.o

*MIND BLOWN*

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Could Immortals be living among us?

Easy way to prove it. Keep an eye on the usernames here, and if there are still folk posting under the same names in say...200 years, then yes, there could be grounds to suggest that there are in fact Immortals amongst us.

However, I've just spotted a problem with this idea....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Statistically speaking anybody living for a very long time makes the odds for accidental death increase. Even thirty year olds are twice as likely to be killed in vehicular accidents than the 20 something year olds.

I'm not seeing where you are getting that kind of statistic. Here's a table that lists causes of accidental death. It depends on the question you are asking and how you ask it, but the statistics seems to support the opposite conclusion. 30 year olds are half as likely to die in an auto accident than 20 year olds. Also drivers under the age of 24 are responsible for 30% of the damage caused by accidents, hence higher insurance for teenagers; higher insurance for males.

But this really doesn't answer the question: What are the chances in a certain period of time that a given individual will die an accidental death--not death by disease, but by more or less being in the wrong place at the wrong time? That's a much harder questuon to answer. Even if you can show that for 2009 there were 1.13 deaths per 100 million miles traveled, that does not translate to if you drive 100 million miles, you'd certainly die in an accident. I might drive a million miles in my lifetime, so sometimes these kinds of statistics wind up meaningless. And behavior has a lot to do with survival. If you were immortal, would you go skydiving?

I found this place which suggests your lifetime odds of accidental death are one in 24 to 37, yet several of these "accidents" are self-caused and they change every year. In 10 AD your chances of dying in an airplane crash were few. Now it's lifetime odds of one in 4,608. All these things involve behavior, and if you were intentionally changing your behavior expressly to increase your chances of living, you could alter those statistics significantly. Simply saying, "I don't think living within striking distance of this volcano is a very good idea." is potentially a life-saving event.

edit on 9/10/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DontBlameMeCosIdidntDoIt

Would you or anyone else consider the Dalai Lama to be a person in habited by a Immortal being

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join