It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Immortals be living among us?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
How does someone know they are immortal though if this is real? Are only people from earlier times immortal or is it something a person just realizes when they are still alive at 150? Does everyone look fairly young or do the end up looking like the face of Boe after one million years? I want to believe in this but our bodies break down. I believe in reincarnation so maybe people are reincarnated and look similar to who they were in a past life? I am just curious has anyone seen any photos of kenau reeves as a kid that would prove he wasnt paul mounette.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
How does someone know they are immortal though if this is real? Are only people from earlier times immortal or is it something a person just realizes when they are still alive at 150? Does everyone look fairly young or do the end up looking like the face of Boe after one million years? I want to believe in this but our bodies break down. I believe in reincarnation so maybe people are reincarnated and look similar to who they were in a past life? I am just curious has anyone seen any photos of kenau reeves as a kid that would prove he wasnt paul mounette.

Good points. As another poster stated Death would seem a fantasy to these people just as Immortality is to us.

As in Torchwood Captain Jack wants to die so badly, but he can't escape it. It's like a curse to him.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
How about this, what if the process of deteriorating, for lack of a better term is actually the mutation? Remember if you believe the stories of the bible people lived a good darn long a** time back in those days! Maybe they all died not by old age but by sickness and murder and accidental deaths, but few escaped the accidents sickness and murders? Then sure there would be a few immortals among us, but of course they would seemingly have to be from the times of Genesis, etc. But that is if you beleive the stories of the Bible, I do think that it may be a possibility. It isn't too outlandish we see it in other nature beasts, why not humans? Even if they are few and far between, or even if they're completely unknown to us.
I really enjoyed the chat bot recordings the one poster linked, BTW. Really cool stuff there; there is also some other stories on about dot com about immortals if the OP is interested. Her it is:
St Germain the immortal

edit on 9-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: add link

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Quite an interesting topic. I have to wonder if there isn't some kind of genetic mutation that slows or stops the aging process in some individuals. One of my friends seems to have it, to some degree. I've known him for over 20 years and he hasn't aged one day. No grey hairs, no facial wrinkles, and he still can't grow a full beard.
Besides the obvious stories of vampires, and the pop culture references- i.e. Highlander, there have been a few purported cases throughout history. One such case is Count St. Germain.
en.wikipedia.org...
Although the wikipedia page only touches upon that angle slightly, just google his name and you will find many sources telling different accounts of his story.
I have to agree that if immortals did live among us, they would probably keep a very low profile- for all the obvious reasons. I can't say that I believe that they exist, but at the same time I cannot prove that they don't. Science may be getting close to unlocking the secret to aging and cell death, so we may see some interesting breakthroughs in our lifetime. However, If science did discover the "fountain of youth", I'm quite sure they would not make it readily available to everybody.
In any case, it's always a fun topic to discuss.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by randomname
why would an immortal have to change identity. if he keeps to himself, moves around allot eventually everybody who knew him would die.

the problem would always be passports and i.d.'s. if they guy looks 20 but on his license it says 1922 then people would either think, it some kind of fraud, a clerical mistake or a fake.

Yea but he would probably want to be a part of society. It's very hard to live completely off the grid. You gota get certifications for stuff, IDs are required for everything etc... etc... He would probably make Fake IDs for his next identity while living this one. He's got ten years to prepare so it makes sense.

People will realize that he doesn't age in 10-20 years so he would HAVE to move on. He wouldn't be upset about it because he had long been over love and family and friends. So no ties to hold him back. Maybe like the Doctor, he would bring along a companion for a couple of years. but he would want them to have a normal life eventually and drop them off along the way.

why would he have no feelings of love anymore? why would that be? what if his wives reincarnate or something.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainDog
Quite an interesting topic. I have to wonder if there isn't some kind of genetic mutation that slows or stops the aging process in some individuals. One of my friends seems to have it, to some degree. I've known him for over 20 years and he hasn't aged one day. No grey hairs, no facial wrinkles, and he still can't grow a full beard.
Besides the obvious stories of vampires, and the pop culture references- i.e. Highlander, there have been a few purported cases throughout history. One such case is Count St. Germain.
en.wikipedia.org...
Although the wikipedia page only touches upon that angle slightly, just google his name and you will find many sources telling different accounts of his story.
I have to agree that if immortals did live among us, they would probably keep a very low profile- for all the obvious reasons. I can't say that I believe that they exist, but at the same time I cannot prove that they don't. Science may be getting close to unlocking the secret to aging and cell death, so we may see some interesting breakthroughs in our lifetime. However, If science did discover the "fountain of youth", I'm quite sure they would not make it readily available to everybody.
In any case, it's always a fun topic to discuss.

He came up in my research once! Thanx for reminding me about him. Very interesting person. I wonder if Immortality is some type of virus or bacteria that we haven't yet discovered. I mean all viruses can't just be deadly to humans. There has to be some good ones out there? Right!
edit on 9-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My input:

There aren't "immortals". There are very long lived individuals. Sorcerors of old (such as diableros and other worldly shaman) and some keepers of the secret of the Great Work have achieved very long lives. I would suspect that the majority of them came to realize this next part, and allowed themselves to die. Many may still be among us, but with modern societal tracking, it is increasingly difficult to be so long lived. Regardless, there is a legend of a monk in Tibet that is something like 1800 years old. And the oft mentioned story of the Count de St. Germaine.

Now for the next part:

The universe always gets its way. The reason being, everything within the universe is "nature" and thus controlled by the forces of nature (i.e., the laws of physics, etc). At the core of these laws is the male/female concept of the destructive/creative force. This is often described in the allegory of the phoenix, whereby the destructive/masculine force burns the bird, and it is reborn anew by the effect of the creative/feminine force of rebirth.

To work against the universe is to beg for trouble as it constantly tries to force compliance. So, long lived = yes. Immortal = no.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
How about this, what if the process of deteriorating, for lack of a better term is actually the mutation? Remember if you believe the stories of the bible people lived a good darn long a** time back in those days! Maybe they all died not by old age but by sickness and murder and accidental deaths, but few escaped the accidents sickness and murders? Then sure there would be a few immortals among us, but of course they would seemingly have to be from the times of Genesis, etc. But that is if you beleive the stories of the Bible, I do think that it may be a possibility. It isn't too outlandish we see it in other nature beasts, why not humans? Even if they are few and far between, or even if they're completely unknown to us.
I really enjoyed the chat bot recordings the one poster linked, BTW. Really cool stuff there; there is also some other stories on about dot com about immortals if the OP is interested. Her it is:
St Germain the immortal

edit on 9-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: add link

not to go off on a tangent but i was thinking about the bible just earlier... and how it is a early piece of literature to be referring to "transfiguration" and now it is getting brought up a lot with end times and now with a twist of alien/ufo and people are getting freaked out i think because they are scared that aliens are going to transfigure them and they think they are evil demonic parasites .... when it's gods own book that talks of transfiguration.

death is also transfiguration, right? complete organism cycles. what if a cell... a body of cells, could intelligently transfigure rather than die. i have thought of that but it seems that spiritual sacrifice probably still gets it's foot in the door somehow or god only knows what kind of hell to pay, would cause an immortal to be made a mortal. that always brings me back to the befuddling circle.
edit on 9-9-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Yes, you are right. Some viruses are beneficial to us. I forget where i saw it now, but some scientist was confirming that 8 or 9% of our DNA is actually made up of viruses. I'll try to look for the interview.
St. Germain was just the first case that I remembered reading about off the top of my head. There are many others, it just takes some time to filter through all the crap that's out there.
I think that cell mutation is the key factor here, or some rare genetic trait. I think that it's 100x's more plausible than some magic potion that grants one eternal life.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
oh, now that's a cute story... where did that come from?

I've never heard of this person before.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Firstly my all time favorite movie is called The Man From Earth. It's about a Caveman who has lived up until the modern era and he tells a group of professors his life's story.

As with the majority of hollywood inspired or pop-culture movies and tv shows espousing upon the theme of "immortality" in one guise or another, these on the rare occasion do manage to stumble upon a grain or two of factuality - however, mainly they manage to stray far of the mark indeed.
Consider the following, and because I will not be expanding on, or providing supporting evidence, or be drawn into lengthy debates, it's therefore to be clearly understood that of course, I am speaking hypothetically. Should a number of genes located specifically within the sex chromosomes undergo certain simultaneous mutations at a very critical point within minutes of zygote formation, this series of mutations becomes to the individual carrying them, of an extremely beneficial nature. However, these sex-linked mutations are non-hereditable and if both partners contribute them, any resulting embryos have always terminated within the 1st trimester. Naturally the odds of such an advantageous series of beneficial mutations immediately after zygote formation are currently rated as billions to 1 against. So how many such individuals would be expected to have arisen over the millenia of human existence ? Currently we are approaching a world population of 7 billion - and how many billions have existed throughout past history? Estimates are that approximately 100 billion people have walked this planet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by methuselah1937

Firstly my all time favorite movie is called The Man From Earth. It's about a Caveman who has lived up until the modern era and he tells a group of professors his life's story.

As with the majority of hollywood inspired or pop-culture movies and tv shows espousing upon the theme of "immortality" in one guise or another, these on the rare occasion do manage to stumble upon a grain or two of factuality - however, mainly they manage to stray far of the mark indeed.
Consider the following, and because I will not be expanding on, or providing supporting evidence, or be drawn into lengthy debates, it's therefore to be clearly understood that of course, I am speaking hypothetically. Should a number of genes located specifically within the sex chromosomes undergo certain simultaneous mutations at a very critical point within minutes of zygote formation, this series of mutations becomes to the individual carrying them, of an extremely beneficial nature. However, these sex-linked mutations are non-hereditable and if both partners contribute them, any resulting embryos have always terminated within the 1st trimester. Naturally the odds of such an advantageous series of beneficial mutations immediately after zygote formation are currently rated as billions to 1 against. So how many such individuals would be expected to have arisen over the millenia of human existence ? Currently we are approaching a world population of 7 billion - and how many billions have existed throughout past history? Estimates are that approximately 100 billion people have walked this planet.

ok... this is interesting, genetic mutations. do you have a source for this?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wish I remembered his name. He as an Indian yoga guru I believe. Anyway, his claim was that he was around 70 years old but he looked only in his 40-50s. But from his picture, even though he was young looking and quite handsome, you sensed that he was long lived.

Unfortunately I believe he was shot and killed in a robbery.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
[
why would he have no feelings of love anymore? why would that be? what if his wives reincarnate or something.

Personally I don't believe in reincarnation and what are the chances of him bumping into that same person again whenever they come back?

why would he give up on love, families, companionship, friends? He would have to. He wouldn't want to see those around him that he cared about die all the time. He would have colleagues certainly and maybe as in the movie he would tell some of these colleagues who he really is. My grandfather is always complaining about friends of his that are dying. He's getting to that point in his life where he is outliving everyone. My grandfather still works, still has black hair, still looks really young for his age. He looks 50 or 60 and yet is 85 years old! He complains all the time about his friends dying but that's only because that's how he expresses that he misses them.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RainDog

Yes, I agree and that's what the biologist was talking about in the movie. Some type of genetic mutation, or quark in his immune system could help his body stay alive.

Also the biologist was Dr. Phlox of Star Trek Enterprise for Enterprise fans check out the movie!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Allow me to repeat myself from my earlier post:

and because I will not be expanding on, or providing supporting evidence, or be drawn into lengthy debates, it's therefore to be clearly understood that of course, I am speaking hypothetically.

Therefore take my comments from my earlier post in whatever way you see fit.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by methuselah1937

Allow me to repeat myself from my earlier post:

and because I will not be expanding on, or providing supporting evidence, or be drawn into lengthy debates, it's therefore to be clearly understood that of course, I am speaking hypothetically.

Therefore take my comments from my earlier post in whatever way you see fit.

wow.... jumped right over my head. read it very clearly too i'm afraid to say. I wanna blame the cough syrup but who the hell knows.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

[

Personally I don't believe in reincarnation and what are the chances of him bumping into that same person again whenever they come back?

why would he give up on love, families, companionship, friends? He would have to. He wouldn't want to see those around him that he cared about die all the time. He would have colleagues certainly and maybe as in the movie he would tell some of these colleagues who he really is. My grandfather is always complaining about friends of his that are dying. He's getting to that point in his life where he is outliving everyone. My grandfather still works, still has black hair, still looks really young for his age. He looks 50 or 60 and yet is 85 years old! He complains all the time about his friends dying but that's only because that's how he expresses that he misses them.

mmm... I dunno. Patterns? Maybe there are secret cycles that we don't know how to calculate commonly... or visions, whispers on the wind... who knows? maybe it's just a closer look at dna that TRULY reveals who is who, it already does physically

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

Personally find the Christan bases of Jesus Christ to be a fictional character most likely based on the life
Julius Caesar, both began their careers in northern countries: Caesar in Gaul, Jesus in Galilee; both cross a fatal river: the Rubicon and the Jordan; both then enter cities: Corfinium and Cafarnaum. Junius Brutus betrays Caesar as Judas betrays Jesus;The similarities remain consistent throughout (when occupation or besieging is referred to in the one text, possession is used in the other, etc
www.carotta.de...

I can believe the in a way similarities of the worst and greatest people in history as well as the mythology of different cultures that strikingly share similar gods and goddesses who have where said to be long lived. these immortals/gods possessed the bodies of the living things Thor Indra or Zeus all different gods of thunder and possible based not the same person shared a common Immortal Being who then acts thru the (force)

the names may change but the story's between Hermes the son of Zeus and the Pleiade Maia is the inventor of fire, a trickster and patron of thieves, being parallel to the traits and story Prometheus the titan explaining
which like the Norse god Loki was bound to as punishment for teaching early mankind to use tools and fire giving them fire(mortal souls) similar to the story of the fallen angel Azazel in the Book of Enoch,
ThIs similarity present in every civilization, culture and religion old and new for good or evil based on who wrote the story share characteristics of acting creatively and taking on roles of demiurge, or harbinger of change

Hermes was depicted as the only god besides a few others who could enter and leave the Underworld without hindrance and able to move from the under or Quantum world where time moves fast, mortal/middle earth or Mount Olympus/Asgard world far out in space where time moves slower for the those that live their

Hermse was also the god of merchants and of arts, crafts and knowledge same as Quetzalcoatl meaning of "feathered-serpent who also was associated with the wind, of Venus in at dawn (metaphor depicting him akin to Prometheus over Hermes) and Vayu hindu deity of Life and the wind (breath of life,)

The figure of Hermes Trismegistus was where worshipped as one god know as two seperate gods Hermes and Egyptian god Thoth, Both were gods of writing and of magic in their respective cultures. Writings attributed to Hermes Trismegistus teach of that there is a transcendent God, The All, or one "Cause", of which we, and the entire universe, participate. Also it subscribes to the notion that other beings such as gods and angels/demons, and elementals exist in the Universe
Hermes Trismegistus known as "thrice great" on account of being the greatest priest, philosopher and king. who as a divine source of wisdom that Occultism, Hermeticism, Hermetic Qabalah and Alchemy [art of manipulation(Jedi Mind Tricks) is to magic being the art of deception (CIA/KGB 101)]

Sir Thomas Browne in his Religio Medici of 1643 wrote, "Now besides these particular and divided Spirits there may be (for ought I know) a universal and common Spirit to the whole world. It was the opinion of Plato , and is yet of the Hermeticall Philosophers.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The gods/immortals once ruled over and helped lay the foundation of every civilizations long ago prospered have either been in Asgard(Nibiru/PlanetX?) to return or where killed/died like the Dalia Lama where reborn since most cannot choose the next body after death in between conception and birth to a random child without knowledge of the past lifes leaving only feelings to distinguishing themselves things they liked or possessions previously in past lives must be found by the others Immortals who tell them the knowledge of truth
another by at which point only they only recall hazy details that allowing for corruption of the forces that maintain the universe and control the mortal souls (fire) that each person takes as a piece from other side of the all making them part of the manifestation of god. which prospered long ago but at the present are fighting for control of the human beings whose overgrowth the gods prevented bringing balance the ALL (Universal soul /Brahman/Force)Which like the matrix has become unbalanced as more people take a piece of the All Soul
the goal of the False One (Agent Smith/Sith Lord Yahweh?) the Dark side of the force tricked and keep and Immortals apart against one another influencing the strong willed immortal beings( “smarter people” that once guard the truth) keeping them living in ignorance the knowledge of truth when children make it easier to sellout to the darkside to fight each other and manipulate the weak minded mortals souls. Exploiting the divisions present in humanities groups and sub-groups using false or incomplete truth(s) that all are born without the knowledge of truth. That only the willing can learn from those that seek truth leading to the veil (matrix) where they must choose to look through paying price of admission giving up a part of or all of themselves to be not told but shown the truth forcing them to understanding that one is all and all is one, non above or below, each two different and all one in the same

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join