It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Immortals be living among us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Firstly my all time favorite movie is called The Man From Earth. It's about a Caveman who has lived up until the modern era and he tells a group of professors his life's story.

I know this topic has been discussed here before but maybe my theory is a little bit different.

A couple of interesting "paranormal" or "science fiction" topics were highlighted in the movie.

A) These Immortals wouldn't be invincible, they wouldn't have super powers. They could still get sick. Still get wounded, still get killed. A quark in their immune system would allow their body processes to keep on living, forever.

B) Change identities every 10 years or so to prevent from being discovered.

C) They would only have knowledge as knowledge emerged. For instance, he explains that he didn't know what the ocean waves were until they were actually knowledge and printed/described in textbooks.

D) They would be outside of our time-stream as in Doctor Who.

E) They are not God, They are not all knowing. They still live lives and only have one perspective of events.

F) Would they start religions? Except in the story the man goes on to explain that when he traveled with Buddha and tried to teach it to others, they took the teachings and layered it with myths upon myths. Once they saw that he couldn't die, they chased him until they TIED him to the cross. Apparently Nails and blood were added to the story later for religious symbolism. In another lifetime he learns how to control his body movements to near-death like state and thus is resurrected! People freak out and Christianity is born! This to me seems like a better version than a virgin birth and a miracle worker from the Heavens right? Why not?

G) Who else would they be in history? Or travel with and learn from if they just had TIME to explore everything possible? Van Gogh, Columbus?

H) Would they be able to tell if there were others like them? How could they prove it?

How much knowledge would they have about the world?

It is often stated in Alien lore that our alien ancestors have longer life spans than we do. Primitive cultures worship immortal beings. What if these beings weren't aliens? What if they were human but immortal humans are just as alien to these primitive cultures!!!!

edit on 9-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yes we are living amongst you.I do know a few others. I don't know of any of us who have started a religion. The rest of what you have to say is mostly true.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

The thought have also crossed my mind a few times. But it is one of the theories with the least evidence, and thus i discarded it. Like religion.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
ah, yeah... jesus the rebel rouser. i'd love to know what really went down but I clearly see where this is going.

I'd also like to know why immortals would choose to off each other. I mean I have ideas but that would be interesting to "know"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
do rumors count? those last forever..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
interesting topic.
A few years ago I came across this story on the web.

www.agelessgene.com...

It's chatlogs from a guy who talks to a chatbot program.
After realizing it's a chatbot, he has a glass of wine and tells his story, claiming to have lived over 150 years and still looks relativey young.

It's eerie, and strangely believable.
If you haven't read this, you are in for a treat.

BTW, there are jellyfish that can reverse the aging process, revert back to juvenile stage, and start growing old all over. they never "die from old age".

Immortality is possible to an extent..
but you know, in higher forms like people......." there can be only one".
( sorry, someone had to say it)

edit on 9/9/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
YES!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They are dick clark, ted mcginnley, and cher

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
When you say change identity do you mean within the legal system?

Whne you say this person was resurrected do you mean Jesus?

When you say all-knowing you should think this is in perspective. They may know they are not all-knowing, but would definitly come off as "all-knowing" to others as they have experienced a past most others do not. Same applies with this idea of God. Being immortal would most likely mean living a long long time and this you probably are quit cunning, so I am sure they would have put themselves in the position where they have access to the occult or occult like "powers" that would be seen to others as godlike.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My favorite story about possible immortals living amongst us is the tale of The Nine...

en.wikipedia.org...

Good ATS thread on the subject from 2010...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
keanu reeves is jesus

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought

When you say all-knowing you should think this is in perspective. They may know they are not all-knowing, but would definitly come off as "all-knowing" to others as they have experienced a past most others do not. Same applies with this idea of God. Being immortal would most likely mean living a long long time and this you probably are quit cunning, so I am sure they would have put themselves in the position where they have access to the occult or occult like "powers" that would be seen to others as godlike.

Thank you for this response. In the movie he talked about how he would blend in with the crowds in the early days, prove himself as a friend to city-states, and eventually, yes had to change his identity when the legal system came around.

Yes, I was talking about Jesus and all the others before him that follow that same myth.

I guess your right they don't consider themselves all-knowing but, everyone would consider them a miracle or maybe a curse. As he was explaining this to the professors he said that he acquired all of their degrees, besides psychology because that was too new. But he received his biology degree in the 1800s and you can't keep up with everything going on in biology for 200 years now can you?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
My favorite story about possible immortals living amongst us is the tale of The Nine...

en.wikipedia.org...

Good ATS thread on the subject from 2010...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's why I mentioned that this has been talked about before. I didn't want to dig up a dead thread, plus this theory is a bit different from what I've encountered in the past about immortality. I will check out that story. Thanx!
edit on 9-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Dude, you don't realise how easy it is to fake some papers and lie to change identities. Anything is possible, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean they're not there.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yes immortals live among us.

And there can be only one.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Dude, you don't realise how easy it is to fake some papers and lie to change identities. Anything is possible, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean they're not there.

Actually I DO know how it is. I'm studying security, hacking, and scams in school. It's quite interesting stuff and if you were already living when this stuff came around, then of course you would figure out the system so you can get around it. You would have to!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Thank you for this response. In the movie he talked about how he would blend in with the crowds in the early days, prove himself as a friend to city-states, and eventually, yes had to change his identity when the legal system came around.

Yes, I was talking about Jesus and all the others before him that follow that same myth.

I guess your right they don't consider themselves all-knowing but, everyone would consider them a miracle or maybe a curse. As he was explaining this to the professors he said that he acquired all of their degrees, besides psychology because that was too new. But he received his biology degree in the 1800s and you can't keep up with everything going on in biology for 200 years now can you?

Well in Jesus story, he did come back and one of his disciples was actually able to put his fingers in the marks that were left from the nails.

I think it would actually be quit easy to keep up with something like that given 200 years. I'm sure he has all the skills and means to live off the grid and probably doesn't deal with the hustle nd bustle of a normal person. He prob would have A LOT of time to read and study. In fact living that long he probably has some real out of this world ideas on how the universe works. MOST of us would agree that immortality is well.. fantasy. But, to him it is as real as death to the rest of us

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Well in Jesus story, he did come back and one of his disciples was actually able to put his fingers in the marks that were left from the nails.

I think it would actually be quit easy to keep up with something like that given 200 years. I'm sure he has all the skills and means to live off the grid and probably doesn't deal with the hustle nd bustle of a normal person. He prob would have A LOT of time to read and study. In fact living that long he probably has some real out of this world ideas on how the universe works. MOST of us would agree that immortality is well.. fantasy. But, to him it is as real as death to the rest of us

Hm, interesting. I'm sure he does live off grid most of the times in this electronic age, but what about the time when there wasn't a grid. As in the movie he explains that it took a long time for the world to accept that the Earth was round. He even secretly believed it before anybody else, but wouldn't dare speak out about it. He didn't want soo much attention. That same chaos happened when he tried to teach people good things in biblical times, so he learns his lessons. In fact if more people were immortal, I'm sure they wouldn't let history repeat itself as so many leaders appear to be doing today.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
why would an immortal have to change identity. if he keeps to himself, moves around allot eventually everybody who knew him would die.

the problem would always be passports and i.d.'s. if they guy looks 20 but on his license it says 1922 then people would either think, it some kind of fraud, a clerical mistake or a fake.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
why would an immortal have to change identity. if he keeps to himself, moves around allot eventually everybody who knew him would die.

the problem would always be passports and i.d.'s. if they guy looks 20 but on his license it says 1922 then people would either think, it some kind of fraud, a clerical mistake or a fake.

Yea but he would probably want to be a part of society. It's very hard to live completely off the grid. You gota get certifications for stuff, IDs are required for everything etc... etc... He would probably make Fake IDs for his next identity while living this one. He's got ten years to prepare so it makes sense.

People will realize that he doesn't age in 10-20 years so he would HAVE to move on. He wouldn't be upset about it because he had long been over love and family and friends. So no ties to hold him back. Maybe like the Doctor, he would bring along a companion for a couple of years. but he would want them to have a normal life eventually and drop them off along the way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join