It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message from the Future?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Calling kids with imaginations a moron? Wow, you've sunk to a new low. Have you recently joined the club with the other jerks who are constantly insulting others on this site? That's too bad if you jumped on that bandwagon. I always thought of you as a person of substance. I give you a pass this time as maybe you were distracted or having a crappy day...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Sounds like a croc to me

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
firstly would not say that friday was a major crash, or the beginning of a recession, as we are actually in one now, or has no body noticed, that said, remember the old adage buy on the rumour sell on the news, well there is also one which goes buy on a monday and sell on a friday, also beginning of the month 1st trading week as such of autumn one would imagine so just like kids back to school theres always something going on.

btw the croc was 50 years old - or approx so one report stated.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

Thanks!! I don't know if I'd use a 12-gauge but I'm gonna keep wearing animal skin clothing, eating animal, and treating animals like animals...maybe if these granola jack-holes cared about humans and their well beings this rock would be a better place to live on!! I feel like we're all on the Truman Show and this is the longest running show in the universe...I definitely wouldn't change the channel...ya might mss something!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It seems to me if we need the croc for a vaccine, then releasing it would probably be the worst idea possible...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Why do they send a random blogger back to post a comment on page 14 on a website, and not.. I dunno, the A-Team?
I don't agree. I think it's kind of smart. It's a discrete but noticeable message. Wont cause a massive warp in the time line.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The thing is though that the croc is not the last one and there is an even bigger one that the lcoals have seen recently.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Notice how his last sentence was cut off. That is because if he really is from the future the Universe is preventing him from changing the past too much so that he does not affect his outcome of reality.

I am leaning toward internet troll. The only way that he could be able to do a time fold and hit a blog would be if a device already existed today that has an internet connection and a way to warp space. They would tap into that device in the future but could not go back further than when the device was first put online.

Lastly, who cares? If this is really going to happen it will happen because it was supposed to happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The last part of the sentence.....yeah, did he make another comment to finish that? Boy do I hate character limits on forums....

Anyway, I read people saying there might be more but what if this particular one had a gene unique to itself that could be passed on to others so then we had even more crocs inheriting the gene through sex and breeding? That way, this particular animal might not be the one used in future to create a vaccine. Long as it's released, it can breed and not suffer any potential cruelty or whatever.

If it did indeed eat people like reported initially, tag it and keep watch for it to help prevent future human deaths at its jaws but also to be able to see where it goes in case it does indeed breed.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Here is how I see it. If someone from the future was in fact able to contact people in the past, the only way I am going to believe a word they say is if they post 10 different predictions at one time, all of which are scheduled to happen within the next 6 months, are pinned to a specific date (if not date and time), don't involve "vague" subjects that could easily come true on any given day, and 10/10 of the predictions end up being right.

Then, maybe then, I will have the feeling that the poster is not some 10 year old kid with nothing better to do than waste 15 minutes posting a load of imaginative bs on this site. If I had the ability to travel back to 1950, I can guarantee you I could break open a history book and transmit 10 predictions on specific days and times that all prove to be 100% correct. After all, wouldn't one of my primary objectives, if I was trying to communicate something of dire importance, be to make everyone think that I was credible? I think what I have proposed is a pretty good litmus test, which obviously rules out any possibility of the OP being correct.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

If this were real, this guy would have contacted us through something other than a comment on CNN.
Guy's probably sitting in his underwear, in his mom's basement. In our time by the way.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
To take anyone from the futures words seriously without them presenting the lottery and giving the numbers to us all so we can all split $44 million is just rude and sick. If you are from the future, come back with the lotto numbers will you?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotWalkUSA
To take anyone from the futures words seriously without them presenting the lottery and giving the numbers to us all so we can all split $44 million is just rude and sick. If you are from the future, come back with the lotto numbers will you?

If I was from the future, that's the last thing I'd do.

Better to win it yourself and have money in the future thanks to the interest generated than allow millions of others to win just as some sort of proof and they still wouldn't believe you anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, come back from the future and win the lottery. I guess thats what all the time travelers have been doing. I would suspect the powerball winners of being time travelers.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Not only is it easy to say the stock market will plunge, this supposed creature is not identified. You are inferring that it is the croc, when in fact, there are thousands of crocs left in the wild.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
so if he really from the future....(using a time machine..then he should go(went back) to the time of big crocodile fellow's capture... and tell the people who caught it what will happen in year 2067...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
On Tuesday or Wednesday I was at work surfing the news during lunch....

Saw a story about a REALLY big Croc (only God knows how old he is) that some villagers caught in the Philippines.

Link: 21-Foot Monster Croc caught - CNN

So - like most people probably do here - I scrolled down to see what sort of ridiculous drivel was being posted in the discussion boards.

Saw this one and my first thought was "Very creative -but total BS of course"
Promptly forgot about it but filed it away for later...

So today the market plunges 300+ points and I remembered this so of course had to get it posted for posterity Went back today and tracked the story down with CNN's search and flipped through the comments till I found it:

It's on page 14 of the comments

dudestski My name is Marc and I live in the year 2067. I'm using a time "fold" which allows me to connect with real time data from 2011and I'm writing on this blog to tell you that you have unknowingly captured the last living creature that will prove to produce the only working vaccine to successfully eradicate a future viral outbreak the world will soon know as EBOVX aka an evolved form of the Ebola virus which has wiped out 35% of the world's population as of today July 15, 2067. You must return it to its' natural habitat for the sake of our survival! None of which I state is false and to prove this, an event in history which is marked by a stock market crash will arrive in the timeline this Friday September 9th known as real start of the "Great Recession". I implore you to act for there is September 6, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply

Hmm...Possible? or not?

Well the part about the crocodile is true. I saw it. Only when they get that big I say they are not crocodiles they are dinosaurs! It would have been more helpful it his fella had said what the creature was, where it came from (so we can return it) and who has it now. Without those details how can we comply ? I don't follow the stock market cuz I aint got no money but I know its been up and down this week. I only wish your question at the end of your post was, "Hmm...Probable? or Not ? " that would have been an easier question.

Wait was he saying the croc was the source of the vaccine? In that case this is a croc of another sort.
edit on 10-9-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Okay this is why this is false; if he was from the future it wouldn't be July 15th, it would be the same date as it is here today. A parallel universe maybe, but definitely not from our future. Even if someone was to say that people lost count of time because of this massive outbreak I'd still call bull# because eventually someone would track time back to when the outbreak happened and figure out where they'd correctly be at in that time. Anyways, makes an interesting story but probably nothing more than that, a story.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Of course it's all a load of croc but I would just like to add this because no time travel story is complete without broaching the paradox problem. If indeed he is from the future, then if he could tell us today how to prevent the disaster then it would have never occurred and he would have nothing to contact us about, the fact that it did means that when he contacts us it won't change anything and it is a pointless exercise.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Rogue NerD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

There is one way to check if he is telling the truth ask him to tell us the lotto numbersif he's wright then we know he's real.Also if he's real the lotto wont be worth winning cause evryone will share the jackpot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join