It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

1.98 million year old skull has What?

page: 4
8
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
AHHH the first proto-type of an human.... made by god in his lab.




posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 

Why is it so hard for you to believe in a more logical explanation like pareidolia?

It dosent even look like a cross before you draw it on there.
It should be a clue when most people don't see it like you.



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The guy fell from eating too many "alcoholic" berries and bumped his head.



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So I think we have 2 real options here:

- the mark isn't really a mark, but what is there is the result of the millions of years being underground and exposed to geologic process

- a crudely inscribed symbol by a contemporary of the creature, or near contemporary (while the bone was still soft). In this case, the craptastic drawing skills should be noted. My son, when 2, could make better crosses than that. That would truly be a tantalizing peek into the mind of the creature that made the mark.

i vote for the former, but the latter makes for some interesting thoughts and contemplations.



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think everyone is missing the BIGGER issue @ hand.

Instead of persecuting him for seeing a cross, I'm supposed to believe that I evolved from that?


That's the equivelent of being persecuted for believing in Christ.



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

I think everyone is missing the BIGGER issue @ hand.

Instead of persecuting him for seeing a cross, I'm supposed to believe that I evolved from that?


That's the equivelent of being persecuted for believing in Christ.


Evolved from a skull? no. Take a good look at it though. Doesn't that look a lot like a human skull? Did God create these people too? Maybe you can point to the verse in the Bible that clears this up. If the Bible makes no claims about this ill be happy to fill in that gap with a reasonable conclusion.



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The funny part to me is that so-called educated people actually think that is the skull of a human ancestor. I still don't understand why some people actually prefer to believe they are related to monkeys, instead of believing that they are made in the image of an almighty, perfect Creator.

Like my uncle said before about those who believe we evolved from apes, "You might be related to monkeys, but I certainly am not."



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
The funny part to me is that so-called educated people actually think that is the skull of a human ancestor. I still don't understand why some people actually prefer to believe they are related to monkeys, instead of believing that they are made in the image of an almighty, perfect Creator.

Like my uncle said before about those who believe we evolved from apes, "You might be related to monkeys, but I certainly am not."


All evidence says that you are. Why do you hate that idea so much?



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
DP
edit on 10-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
As reported by Freedom_is_Slavery, www.abovetopsecret.com...
A “missing link “ supposedly has been found, that is 1.98 Million years old. Although it still looks like a monkey head, I found it curious that it has a cross on the bridge of it’s nose.

Missing link to .................
Charles Manson.



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
reply to post by Wyn Hawks
 

Pareidolia is a type of illusion or misperception


...thats much better than the no-no-no you posted last night...


...i'm a big fan of paradolia (but i cant remember the dang word half the time, lol)... one of my fav hobbies is squirting different colors of paint on canvas (or paper or whatever i can find), then turning it this way and that way and letting the colors do their thang... sometimes it turns into something cool - sometimes not, lol...

...got one that i did with black, red and white and, in the end, its got humanoid skulls and a pterosaur... another one looks like a man and a woman kissing... another is a multi-colored horse... oddly, skulls appear more often than any other shape... if i was superstitious that might creep me out, lol...




posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...i can see a cross shape - and - if you look a bit wider, you can see a seahorse's head - and then - if i close one eye, i see a sorta kinda phoenix rising thang...





*chuckles

Look over to the right side and down just a tiny bit, I see a little girl with curly hair. Zoom in towards the left, I see a mountain with a man almost to the top who is about to fall. LOL

Hay OP, this is fun!



Harm None
Peace



posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
Look over to the right side and down just a tiny bit, I see a little girl with curly hair. Zoom in towards the left, I see a mountain with a man almost to the top who is about to fall. LOL


...cool, i can see the girl now too... gosh, this is contagious...

...looking for the man - cant find him but, yikes, i found a cyclops!...



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Looks like a healed spider fracture to me.



posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING....Draw a cross a thousand times on that damn skull if you must but there simply IS NOT one there...It is BONE! Go compare other monkey skulls and see if you can find more crosses....you might be able to prove THE PLANET OF THE APES and they HAD JESUS!



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I clearly see a cross. Why is everybody getting so hurt, because the OP sees a cross. Even though I see a cross, I don't care if anyone else does.

Just to add; If there is a cross, why are people pretending like it's a Christian symbol, alone? It could be from anything. Your worldview won't crumble if there really is a cross there.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks
 


Funny how life is all in perspective, in which you seem to acknowledge, yet your opinion on my "no-no-no" statement was an false assumption and that of your point of view (maybe sarcastic levity and illicit drugs are not a channel you tune into, all of which are yours to chose).

Either way I am glad that I could clear that up for you so there were not hurt feelings.

---------------

You can't see what you are not looking for. An example would be, some one stands behind you and tells you they have something you want. We will make it 2 cigarettes. This person then "here are your 2 cigarettes" and places it on a desk behind you (mind you the desk is cluttered with other things, much as the mind or the material world is). In your mind before turning around you hear "2 cigarettes" therefore you assume you will find two single cigarettes on the desk behind you, correct?

So, you turn around and look for two single cigarettes lying the desk amongst the clutter. You can't seem to find it and with a look of confusion you ask the person who has given you the cigarettes where they are. This person, who also has a look of confusion on their face, picks up a pack of cigarettes that were right in front you the whole time and hands them to you. Astonished you exclaim, "how did I miss that
!" And without further thought you open the pack find two cigarettes and move on.

Well, if one were to actually take a second to think over why they missed the pack, you would find they missed the pack because they were not looking for a pack or box. Instead you were looking for two single cigarettes outside of the box. By not picturing a box with two cigarettes in your mind you looked right over the box because it was not what you were searching for. You cannot see what you were not looking for.

This also gives some credence to the idea of life is an experience of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it won't matter.. if you mind, it will matter.

And vice versa

If it matters, then you mind.. if it doesn't matter, then you won't mind.

Manifestation of the mind into matter. Perspective and Beliefs. This is how we create the realities in which we experience.



posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
So I think we have 2 real options here:

- the mark isn't really a mark, but what is there is the result of the millions of years being underground and exposed to geologic process

- a crudely inscribed symbol by a contemporary of the creature, or near contemporary (while the bone was still soft). In this case, the craptastic drawing skills should be noted. My son, when 2, could make better crosses than that. That would truly be a tantalizing peek into the mind of the creature that made the mark.

i vote for the former, but the latter makes for some interesting thoughts and contemplations.


How about :
#3 -- people do not study human anatomy and have no idea about how the skull is shaped. They are unaware that in all vertebrates, the area (sutures) where the frontal bone and the nasal bones could look like a cross or the figure "pi" or a bridge or any number of other things.

It's simply the result of a growth process.
Line drawings make the edges clear

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Even if there were a cross, why would that be significant in any way?

second line



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join