It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't take being shoved down any longer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Finally found work 9 weeks ago cleaning motel rooms. Was scheduled 36 hours a week and would be called off work almost every day due to not enough people renting rooms. Got about 10 hours a week. So they laid a lot of us off.
Found work the next day after being laid off and finally got hired and started at Subway literally 2 weeks ago. They scheduled me from 11am-2pm 5 days a week. Today was the first pay day and, despite having the owner/boss (husband and wife and he's even a minister) tell me I was working good, today she fired me because I wasn't fast enough. She looked so sad and sorry and even said she saw how hard I was trying but it's just not a job for everyone .My total check hours was 30. In a two week period.

It took me 10 months to find the hotel job. I.... I don't even know what to do. I used all my money to pay my rent today. My son... I don't even know what to do any more. I feel like such a waste, such a loser, a worthless idiot. I just called the food stamp place yesterday to say I had work finally and now today I lost the job cuz to them I 'wasn't fast enough' even though they'd complimented me the other day of how fast I was catching on and working.

I'm beyond depressed. I don't even know where to look for work. I don't even know where to turn, what to do. Seems the more I try, the harder I get kicked and fall hard. I keep getting back up - and keep getting sucked back into a sink hole of hell.

goddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hi Sarah,

Perhaps you might want to contact the stie onwers and in some way have or allocate a sections for the unemployed.Befoer you freak out regarding my thought, perhpas , juct perhaps this might be a section that would be ideal for many uesers or click viewers.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Keep your chin up!! Don't even think that you're a loser etc.... I've been there, done that, raised 3 kids on pretty much minimum wage. It's so hard, but have faith in yourself and start looking up.. good things come to good people!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I dont have any advice for you or anything, just good wishes. I hope things improve for you. Try to keep a positive outlook in the face of it all. You can get back up as long as you keep your head high and stay determined. Good luck and stay strong.

Ronan

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I lost 2 jobs in a row so far in less than 3 months so I know how ya feel. Its always darkest before the Dawn and you must keep exercising all of your options that you have to your disposal. Do not give up.

**If you need further inspiration look up how many of our great Americans whom have come before us failed before they ever had any sort of success at life. Ulysses S Grant and Abe Lincoln were constant failures at everything they undertook.

Success is a fickle B*** and you must seek out how to get little victories here and there instead of trying to take out the army against you all at once.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Old77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Worthless? Not a chance. You go to the trouble of looking for, finding, and going to a job. Worthless means you made no effort at all, but you did make an effort, and then again, probably you are looking at options every day, and continue to look. That means you are making an effort. Worthless is for those who do not care and make no effort.
You didn't fail that motel job. They hired you and then they themselves had no customers. It had nothing to do with you. The second job? I wasn't there and cannot say, but I do know that some places let people go for reasons unexplained. Oh they give you a reason. But you can bet it isn't the real reason, as evidenced by the fact one day they say you are doing well and then you're gone the next because you are not doing well..hmmmm.. Worthless? Nope. There is hope in you and what you do because you made an effort. You will succeed because you have it in you to do so. the world is full of "preachers" and "teachers" many of them have itching ears; by the way what is a minister doing working in food service?
God Bless
DH

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Sorry to hear your current situation is this way, all you can do is your best.The current work situation is like this in many places but one thing you should hold very clear in your mind. "you are not what you do or dont do" Just do your best and gain inner satisfaction from that. First must come your inner measure of your efforts, not what others have to say. Best wishes and dont forget to breathe.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sending ATS-style love and a personal prayer. It's hard to understand how the blows can stack up in a row sometimes.

But I'm betting you're a fighter. Much luck!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To all:

thank you so so so so much. I'm just scared it will be another many months before finding a job again. My pride was back, I was getting off food stamps..... I'm going tomorrow and HOPEFULLY I can say I have some interviews at LEAST.

No way will I give up. I just have to let this headache pass (was crying since 2pm really) and get up refreshed tomorrow and optimistic.

To the one who asked about him being a minister, they're both work a holics:

They originally owned and ran 4 subways, she was a nurse full time, he was looking over a group of 80 cubscouts and also preaching on Sundays. Simultaneously.

Now they just have one subway, she works 2 days a week at the hospital, he's a high school teacher and still preaches. She also owns and runs a Curves as well. Plus they have 4 kids - all are in college but the youngest who is a jr or sr in high school. Again, simultaneously.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Hi Sarah,

Perhaps you might want to contact the stie onwers and in some way have or allocate a sections for the unemployed.Befoer you freak out regarding my thought, perhpas , juct perhaps this might be a section that would be ideal for many uesers or click viewers.

woops..this is what happens when one types and posts without the comfort of time to adjust typos....but sarah and viewers can more or less understand my intentions.

new topics

top topics

join