It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Woman Finds Airborne Bright Object That Casts Shadow in Photo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by Human_Alien

Your right no sun, but it would be natural enough to have the pinkish skyline to the East, and not dark, I guess she did not have a good recall when thinking of the Sun. Maybe knowing the type of car would help, perhaps one with wooden fillets on the door, a Cherokee, or Range Rover perhaps.

Yeah? You think (pinkish sky at 8:30 PM)?
Maybe.
I gotta start paying more attention to nature if I want any clout on this site

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
She is lying for attention.

What attention? She's anonymous! You think people are really that desperate?
If she came out with a name and email address I would maybe agree withcha but..........that's not the case.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Wind deflectors speaks for themselves ie; they deflect wind. They are perspex of around two inches width fitted around two thirds of the outside perimeter of a door window opening, to allow an open window with reduced buffeting. Some may be tinted to help deflect the sun. They can come fitted or as a add-on. As regards the pinkish East sunset skyline, that's perfectly normal, some higher cloud banks are reflecting the setting sun, (as does the ISS) when there is clear air in between East and West, it could even be completely cloudy looking West
edit on 9-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If it is a street light the angle could be explained by the fact that digital sensors record a line at a time so if you have something move fast past the camera it can become diagonal where different parts of the image are not recorded at the exact same time, it's a more obvious problem with cheap camera phones but it is also an issue with video capable dslr cameras where it is known as rolling shutter, a fast panning action whilst recording video will cause vertical objects to bend and wobble like jelly because the sensor is recording the image as individual lines across the sensor instead of grabbing the entire frame at once.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So its casting a shadow with no perspective on thin air?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I live at the beach so i see a lot of paintings and this to me looks like a painting, inside a house with a light (the kind that goes above paintings) turned on and photographed in the window (reflection)

...thats exactly what i thought...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I live at the beach so i see a lot of paintings and this to me looks like a painting, inside a house with a light (the kind that goes above paintings) turned on and photographed in the window (reflection)

Well whoever paid more than a nickle for that 'painting' surely got ripped off.

So, because you live at the beach you feel more qualified to judge art?...is that what you're telling this jury? (just kidding)

Who knows? But somehow, I don't think that's what we're seeing.
Thanks for weighing in m'friend
I appreciate it!
edit on 9-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: typo

Figure we can't prove anything so isn't it about each of us just giving our idea or point of view?
Well I also paint yeah not that great either..but if you blow it up it looks like paint a small part of a painting. Also that is the kind of lights used in all galleries and home for paintings...not saying I am right mind you just this is how it looks to me.
The other day I saw a reflection from outside through my window onto the wall it was neat I thought I would like to paint it but don't have the skill.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Wind deflectors speaks for themselves ie; they deflect wind. They are are perspex of around two inches width fitted around two thirds of the outside perimeter of a door window opening, to allow an open window with reduced buffeting. Some may be tinted to help deflect the sun. They can come fitted or as a add-on. As regards the pinkish East sunset skyline, that's perfectly normal, some higher cloud banks are reflecting the setting sun, (as does the ISS) when there is clear air in between East and West, it could even be completely cloudy looking West.
edit on 9-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

I never knew their technical name. Wind deflectors. Thanks.

I guess it could still be THAT light in the east at 8:30 at night. I'll set my alarm-memo for July 17 2012 and report back.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

So its casting a shadow with no perspective on thin air?

Yes indeed. That seems to be her story!

I emailed the owner of the UFO site where I found this on.... and asked if they can contact her (for me) so we can ask her a few questions.
So, I'll keep you-all posted should I get a reply.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdeeman
If it is a street light the angle could be explained by the fact that digital sensors record a line at a time so if you have something move fast past the camera it can become diagonal where different parts of the image are not recorded at the exact same time, it's a more obvious problem with cheap camera phones but it is also an issue with video capable dslr cameras where it is known as rolling shutter, a fast panning action whilst recording video will cause vertical objects to bend and wobble like jelly because the sensor is recording the image as individual lines across the sensor instead of grabbing the entire frame at once.

Unless she's mistaking about her location, there are no street lights on the east side of A1A in West Palm Beach. Unless of course it was behind her. I will personally go to Estee Lauder's house tomorrow (well, outside anyway) and have a look-see. But I don't have a USB cord for my cell phone nor a memory card in my digital camera. Shoot. I'll figure something out.
I think we really need to directly ask this woman questions because we can keep guessing and guessing and guessing here.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Figure we can't prove anything so isn't it about each of us just giving our idea or point of view?
Well I also paint yeah not that great either..but if you blow it up it looks like paint a small part of a painting. Also that is the kind of lights used in all galleries and home for paintings...not saying I am right mind you just this is how it looks to me.
The other day I saw a reflection from outside through my window onto the wall it was neat I thought I would like to paint it but don't have the skill.

I hope you took my comment lightly because that's how I meant it.
I wasn't poking fun at YOU at all.

Sure, it COULD be a painting. I personally don't see it.... but hell, what do I know? I didn't even know what wind deflectors were.

I know exactly the art-lights you're talking about. I have two. However mine have a brass half-hood on them (so the bulb isn't exposed). But I suppose there are some that are just 'bulb'.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: typo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Char-Lee

This is the painting light that I'm thinking of. Is it the same type you're talking about too?

If so, how does that become this (unless the picture is taken underneath the art-light)

This light source looks like it has 4 individual bulbs. And what about the 'shadow' part? How is that casted (according to your theory/opinion)?
Thanks!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Char-Lee

This is the painting light that I'm thinking of. Is it the same type you're talking about too?

If so, how does that become this (unless the picture is taken underneath the art-light)

This light source looks like it has 4 individual bulbs. And what about the 'shadow' part? How is that casted (according to your theory/opinion)?
Thanks!!!

Yes but they are often longer mounted on a goose-neck now turn it toward you and photograph the light in front of something. I don't have any myself or i would do it...better if you can reflect it into a glass but may not even need that since it is so blurred. Also need to catch it at an angle you can see a little of the frame of what i think is a light in her picture.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Okay. I'm starting to visualize your theory in 3D now.

But what about the background?....the water? Do you think that's part of the painting?
Where was this lady? Behind some glass? A window perhaps?

Again I'm starting to see what you're saying but not entirely though.

Please expound more.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Char-Lee may be on to something here!

I found this:

and this which would help explain the four-bulb look:

then finally this one that would produce the 'shadow'

But then again, this is a conspiracy site so it may just be a UFO after all

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Okay. I'm starting to visualize your theory in 3D now.

But what about the background?....the water? Do you think that's part of the painting?
Where was this lady? Behind some glass? A window perhaps?

Again I'm starting to see what you're saying but not entirely though.

Please expound more.

Yes I am thinking the whole thing is a painting (portion of one) She saw the reflection in the window of the painting and light...looked neat...silver or gold light hovering over the sea...adjusted the light so it did not show anything but the light...in other words pulled it down a little in front of the painting and lifted it face up and slightly toward the window if in this position your light casing makes a shadow that would be for sure it I think. Take shot be sure top of light with goose-neck does not show.
I think it would have to be evening so the reflection becomes bright on the glass like when i see the moon on my window outside in the evening when i sit on the porch.
Anyway I am thinking something like that if it was spontaneous and not planned ahead.
I do realize i could be totally wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The background has every little nuance of a photograph, and clearly seen, it would not be a particular subject for a painting except as an exercise, and why, what could be construed as a piece of the frame, should the frame look so out of focus compared with the rest. That does allow some problems overall though.
One thing perhaps, is to determine the intensity of the light pulse in the photo, obviously not the Sun in origin.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The background has every little nuance of a photograph, and clearly seen, it would not be a particular subject for a painting except as an exercise, and why, what could be construed as a piece of the frame, should the frame look so out of focus compared with the rest. That does allow some problems overall though.
One thing perhaps, is to determine the intensity of the light pulse in the photo, obviously not the Sun in origin.

That's what I immediately thought too when Char-Lee suggested it. I just didn't see the 'art' in the subject. But like you said, maybe it was a practice painting.

But here's the thing too. Why is she so exact in the location? Why say EXACTLY where this was taken (because any MUFON investigator would have her recreate what and where she saw this) Why not say 'it was along A1A in West Palm Beach'....? Why include Estee Lauder (which is where the family owns a home)???

I am on the fence with this one. I totally see what Char is seeing now. However, I am TOTALLY with you as far as 'is this really art-work??? ' as well!!

I hope these people can get in touch with her and maybe she'll make a cameo appearance for us.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I found Estee Lauders's home. Now providing my link works correctly you can navigate in and around that area. I believe I see where she MIGHT HAVE taken the photo. It would be to the right (south) of the house.

maps.google.com...,+Palm+Beach,+FL&hl=en&ll=26.677718,-80.036043&spn=0.000639,0.001206&sll=26.682953,-80.034263&sspn=0 .010123,0.01929&vp6&gl=us&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=26.677629,-80.036044&panoid=oC1iCPY3N_q0ZtK2kryi6w&cbp=12,74.39,,0,5.21

I hope it works. I won't know until after I press 'reply' and then, check.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'll try that again.

Estee Lauder House
126 South Ocean Blvd
Palm Beach, Fl

maps.google.com...,-80.033862&spn=0.00506,0.009645&sll=26.710998,-80.033826&sspn=0. 006295,0.006295&layer=c&cbp=13,7.13,,0,0&cbll=26.710741,-80.033862&gl=us&t=h&z=17&vp0&iwloc=A&panoid=m6I7FTkNPXs0mwhSs--AiA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join