It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Woman Finds Airborne Bright Object That Casts Shadow in Photo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I apologize (again) if this was posted but I could not find it anywhere. This is literally 2 miles from where I live so I took a personal interest in it. I also realize there's not much to go on but am wondering what other people think of this.

Right off the bat I am wondering why this woman didn't realize that was NOT the Sun (as she claims she thought it was)?!

Looks sorta reminiscent of Ed Walter's Gulf Breeze photos.

And I would love to take a gander at her other photos (even if they're devoid any anomalous features) just to see if maybe she is mistaking an object for a smudge on the lens.

Again, not much to go on but, for what it's worth:

Woman Finds Airborne Bright Object That Casts Shadow in Photo.

Date of Sighting: July 17, 2011
Time of Sighting: 8:23 PM EDT
Location of Sighting: West Palm Beach, Florida (See Map)

Description: I did not actually have a sighting. I was driving around West Palm Beach seeing millionaire mile, and snapping pictures with my cell phone camera. It was not actually seen until I reviewed the pictures. What was very interesting is that the first ten times I looked at the picture I just thought it was the sun. I was taking a picture of what was Estee Lauder's backyard. Then the eleventh time or more I looked at it I realized that what I assumed was the sun was making a shadow underneath it. The sun doesn't shadow, save for an eclipse, and even then I don't think it would be called a shadow. This is when I began to examine the picture more closely and realized that the bright sun colored light was actually a series of four lights in a row in a rectangular shape, not round like the sun at all. It was like four suns lined up. There were no jet noises, only the ocean noise and jets can be heard over the ocean anyway. So I believe I caught a spacecraft on my phone without even realizing it. Can you please tell me what you think of this photo? The sun would have been behind me at the time of photo. By the way it was actually after sunset for that location which was 8:14 p.m. that day.

Response From Witness: I did not take the photo through a closed window. I was hanging out of the passenger window of a car. I did not see this object with the naked eye it only showed up in the photo. There was no commercial light because it is a photo straight over the beach to the Atlantic Ocean. Thank you for your interest and your response. It is very much appreciated.

Note: The witness is correct that the light was not due to the sun. The photo was taken with a SAMSUNG SCH-R360 cell phone camera. The witness did not the photo through a window or under any lights. This is an intriguing photo. I have no explanation.

www.ufosnw.com...

I can attest that Estee Lauder's mansion is indeed on the east (ocean) side of A1A so she's right about the location.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can't make out what it's reflecting off of but if I'm not mistaking that looks like some sort of seawall. Which would place this object very close in proximity to the person taking the picture. In other words, this doesn't look like it's way out at sea.

Could this be the inside car-light (dome light?) that goes on when the door is opened?
edit on 9-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: edit to add 'dome light'

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Camera phone, moving car....and despite what she says seems like a reflection and I bet she did take this from inside with the window up.

Regardless, this is NOTHING. To not notice something like this while taking a photo should tell you something. Camera/phone anomaly combined with folks that are hyped up to believe in the absurd so much they disengage their brains.

This is not a UFO, there is no shadow being cast, etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Looks like a street lamp taken at a slow shutter speed while moving fast. Only thing that makes me think that might not be it is the color of the lamp and the angle of the "pole".

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Camera phone, moving car....and despite what she says seems like a reflection and I bet she did take this from inside with the window up.

Regardless, this is NOTHING. To not notice something like this while taking a photo should tell you something. Camera/phone anomaly combined with folks that are hyped up to believe in the absurd so much they disengage their brains.

This is not a UFO, there is no shadow being cast, etc.

Much to my chagrin and disappointment in my fellow species, I tend to agree with you. How could she NOT have seen this?
But let me ask one thing, how did that (for lack of knowing) 'seawall' get lit up though? That's where I'm a little stumped if this is indeed a reflection.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Froggy55
Looks like a street lamp taken at a slow shutter speed while moving fast. Only thing that makes me think that might not be it is the color of the lamp and the angle of the "pole".

Florida is on a tight-arse budget m'friend. They do not turn on street lamps (which are on a sensor anyway) until it's good and dark!
Besides, I don't believe A1A has any street lights (Unless of course she's fibbing about her location too)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I live at the beach so i see a lot of paintings and this to me looks like a painting, inside a house with a light (the kind that goes above paintings) turned on and photographed in the window (reflection)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is too blurry and too low quality to prove anything of consequence; beside which, the motion blur in the bottom of the frame seems to match the distance of the "shadow", which suggests that this isn't a shadow at all, but a stationary object that has been blurred beyond recognition by the motion blur.

Have to agree with previous posters. This is nothing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The shadow that is meant to be coming from the 'ufo' is definately in the car, look at the bottom of the shadow it doesn't go in to the sea it goes in the car and you can see its curve at the bottom in the black part thats got to be the window of the car, no? i think so, id say not a ufo shadow.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Estee Lauder's digs are very near Donald Trumps' shack so......here's a photo of the area. I don't see any street lights.
maps.google.com...,-80.03617&spn=0.000633,0.001206&gl=us&sqi=2&t=h&vp6&z=20

(I never have any luck inserting Google maps. Hope it works)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Most phones come with cameras that take videos, rather than take a still, i would of taken a video, to me it looks like a reflection from somewhere interior to the vehicle

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Whoops. Yes there are lights. But few and scattered.
And I don't think they're on the ocean side of A1A.
The light could've been behind her I s'pose, huh?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
She is lying for attention. The reflection is obvious.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I live at the beach so i see a lot of paintings and this to me looks like a painting, inside a house with a light (the kind that goes above paintings) turned on and photographed in the window (reflection)

Well whoever paid more than a nickle for that 'painting' surely got ripped off.

So, because you live at the beach you feel more qualified to judge art?...is that what you're telling this jury? (just kidding)

Who knows? But somehow, I don't think that's what we're seeing.
Thanks for weighing in m'friend
I appreciate it!
edit on 9-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: typo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It could be a courtesy light inside the car, maybe she has wind deflectors fitted. There does seem to be a fine straight line visible across the clouds at a level with the bottom of the light and to the right. And as pointed out the shadow seems to be very near to hand.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
She is lying for attention. The reflection is obvious.

Wow. Is that how this works? Just 'say it' and 'it's so'?

Man, I've been going at this all wrong.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wait a cotton-pickin' minute.

She claims the date of sighting was July 17, 2011 and the time of sighting was 8:23 PM EDT

The Sun set at 20:25 (8:25) on that day.
www.calendar-365.com...

How could she have possibly thought that was the Sun?
Unless she was completely oblivious to the obvious (I know, I've been there. I stared at my driveway while talking on the phone for over an hour until I realized my boat was stolen so..........)

But all logic tells me it had to have been very dark facing the east at 8:23PM which, she claims it was. So it was clearly dark by then. The photo indicates something different, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It could be a courtesy light inside the car, maybe she has wind deflectors fitted. There does seem to be a fine straight line visible across the clouds at a level with the bottom of the light and to the right. And as pointed out the shadow seems to be very near to hand.

What are wind deflectors and why would they be fitted? Are you British? If so, please talk Yankee, 'k?

I don't quite see a fine straight line across the cloud. Wish you could point it out. Can you copy my photo and photo-shop it with colorful pointing-lines for me?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Your right no sun, but it would be natural enough to have the pinkish skyline to the East, and not dark, I guess she did not have a good recall when thinking of the Sun. Maybe knowing the type of car would help, perhaps one with wooden fillets on the door, a Cherokee, or Range Rover perhaps.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am 75% certain this is Lauder's compound on the right (east) and there are no street lights on that side of the road.

maps.google.com...,-80.035634&spn=0.001277,0.002411&t=h&z=19&vp6

The sky lighting doesn't match up to the sun (set) lighting I don't think.
At 8:30PM in July, down in Florida, facing east, I don't believe you should still see sun 'light' in the sky. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join