It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can take my Nerf gun when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by seachange
reply to post by beezzer

This is funnier than most Onion stories.

Will their program work to reduce violence? No. Guns are proven to reduce violence. And, nuclear weapons may very well be decreasing violence among nations. When you see a story about China wanting to attack the USA who is going to take it seriously when the US has 10,000 nukes? Not many.

Peacekeepers.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by newcovenant

I hate to say it but sometimes there is no other solution...

When my son was in his first year of High school there was another student who started picking on him. My son had 4 years of Tae kwon do

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I only read the first page of this thread and I have to say that our leaders seem to get stupider and stupider. Won't be long before little plastic toy water guns are illegal. Like a few posters said, the apocalypse is taking too long. Needs to hurry up and end this madness

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

studies done by anti second amendment liberals most likely

I dont care about your amendment it means nothing to me. I was looking at the facts that is all. You can paint them any colour and slander what you want, the facts remain the facts..
If you want to think your childhood has no bearing on how you turn out as an adult that is your choice. If others are brave enough to try to attempt to address some of the more negative issues of our society that is there choice..
edit on 10-9-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I wonder how much some shadey outfit would pay me, to run nerfs in and out of Mexico?

(I'd need a fast go-cart tho)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
After all the shootings this year of people with toy guns i'm only letting my boys play with toy guns under close proximity of me and my real arsenal of protection.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by beezzer

My micro machine lamborghini galardo didn't lead me to a real one and my toy lightsaber didn't lead me to buy a real one what gives?

Nice post. That's insane. Nerf guns are rad!

Hey you cant make a Light Saber because you have to get the crystal from a Ice Planet called llum

llum
starwars.wikia.com...

And we are not even Close to be in Civilization Type One Yet LOL!!

Yeah Fiction isnt Awsome ! LOL

It would be Nice tho ! Soon Nerf Swords Will be on the List

LOL I just ask My Son if he wanted his Nerf Sword taken away

and as he's running to get it No WAY !!

I Think im getting him a Nerf Arsenal you know the Gun the Sword Frisbee ( as he thinks it as the Disk from the movie Tron Legacy ) and I Think I will Get him a Nerf Bow Next ! but he has a Soft Heart for Animals !

Ohh yeah he plays Nerf Battles with his cousins when they are Over

Unlike me I played with Real BB Guns well the Single Pump BB Guns playing War in the Woods at his Age back in the Early 80s and yes We had Sports Gear for protection ! and Safety Goggles
way before Paint Guns became popular

Man does that bring back Memories ! Any one Else here on ATS played War with Real BB Guns !

I think Ill put that on my Resume for Mercenary for Hire Application ! ! LOL
edit on 10-9-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Carefull there!

I'll bet ya anything, this thread is heavily under --close scrutiny-- by D.H.S. Maybe ol Janet herself! (Someone who never.......had fun, no doubt)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Here! Still have the scars to prove it!!

"Dang it! You were only supposed to pump it twice!!!"

Imagine the outcry/lawsuits if kids did BB wars today.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Those Gateway Guns sure are dangerous! I'm glad somebody is doing something about this. First its Nerf and tomorrow its the Ak-47!

Good god.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I wish more parents understood this very basic concept!!!

I grew up in the backwoods of Alaska where I think most would understand and agree I needed to know how to use a weapon. Every weekend from the time I was 10 until around 13 or 14 we had *weapons training* for starters I was not allowed to call the TOOLS we used *guns* I was taught you don't work with toys and you don't play with tools. Weapons are TOOLS not toys. Toy weapons were guns.

I knew how to fire, disassemble, clean and reassemble every weapon in our home and TRUST me there were PLENTY!

Now there were plenty of toy guns all over the place including a few at my house, I mean he wasn't anally retentive about things

I was also taught how to use a bow, how to use leverage to my advantage and the proper care of all the tools we possessed as well. This was considered necessary for two reasons. So I didn't hurt myself..... or others.

I really believe part of the problem with today's young people is they are not taught in far too many homes the proper way to use and care for firearms, or other tools for that matter.... so there is a total disconnect between cause and affect.

Along with all this teaching there was also consequence for irresponsibility and misuse of tools. I was taught you NEVER aim a weapon at ANYTHING you are not prepared to kill. I also had to kill a few animals and watch them die. When my father saw how deeply upset this made me I never had to kill another thing, he was content I learned what he was trying to teach me.

Many parents today would think this is absolutely terrible but I certainly thought twice about using any *gun* One time my brother and his friend were in the woods and they shot and killed an owl, just for fun. My father was FURIOUS, he made them prepare the owl and eat it, cooked on an open fire right there where they shot it.

Another thing he drilled into us, never kill anything you don't intend to eat! A very deep respect for life, ALL life was instilled in me.

Now many might argue this is a savage way to raise I child to be a warmonger or some such ridiculous opinion but I can tell you that due to all of those lessons I do not care for *guns* and do not own one.

I would however hide and use my bow, sling, snares or assorted other tools on anyone trying to disarm my fellow citizens. Again, due to what I was taught. Any government that controls the weaponry and food supple, controls and OWNS the masses. Freedom isn't FREE. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Personal Responsibility on almost every level of our society is almost nonexistent And certainly not being taught by irresponsible parents

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

haha, if only it lead to the real thing...I'd be swimming in muscle cars haha!

Seriously though, this is the absolute of ridiculousness.
I used to play with BB guns and Paintball guns as a kid.
Now, when the kid gets older, buys a gun, and kills someone...it's a toys fault?
I don't think so, it's the idiot kids fault.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wonder what kind of nerf gun Billy the Kid had.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There is a definite correlation between childhood toys and adult pursuits. Just like any other correlation, people confuse it with causation. A kid with the hormones and genetic make-up to be predisposed to being drawn towards guns will be drawn towards them regardless if they are children or adults. This is as bad as blaming video games or music for crimes.

People who are drawn to guns, will be drawn to Nerf. Why wouldn't they be?
People who are drawn to crime or shoot outs are drawn to violent video games. Why wouldn't they be?
People who are drawn to thuggish behavior and pimping are drawn to gangsta rap. Why wouldn't they be?

My point is that those things do not make the person, the people make them. I used to LOVE GI Joe, plastic guns, all sorts of melee weapons, and still love video games of all breeds. But... I don't like real guns (rather indifferent, actually), I never felt compelled to join the military, and I never got sucked into crime (at least not the shoot-people-in-the-face sort of crime).

Correlation is not causation.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I wonder how much some shadey outfit would pay me, to run nerfs in and out of Mexico?

(I'd need a fast go-cart tho)

You need a Big Wheel.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
reply to post by beezzer

I wonder what kind of nerf gun Billy the Kid had.

Well those were the olden days, so those would have been wood. Hopefully, balsa, tho. Maybe horse hair or feathers.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
Man does that bring back Memories ! Any one Else here on ATS played War with Real BB Guns !

Yup.

And firecrackers, bottle rockets and roman candles.

We could not have battles without explosions, it just was not right without them.
edit on 10-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by HomerinNC

studies done by anti second amendment liberals most likely

I dont care about your amendment it means nothing to me. I was looking at the facts that is all. You can paint them any colour and slander what you want, the facts remain the facts..
If you want to think your childhood has no bearing on how you turn out as an adult that is your choice. If others are brave enough to try to attempt to address some of the more negative issues of our society that is there choice..
edit on 10-9-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

Your facts are wrong...I played with toy guns as a kid, played shoot em up games as a kid, played Army as a kid...
As an adult, I enlisted in the Army, got out and live a good life. I'm not a bloodthirsty crazed killer, nor do i want to kill anyone.
My buddy did the same thing, he grew up joined the NYPD, and is a decorated officer, never been corrupted to the dark side so to speak.
So much for your 'facts'.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Wolfenz

Here! Still have the scars to prove it!!

"Dang it! You were only supposed to pump it twice!!!"

Imagine the outcry/lawsuits if kids did BB wars today.

We still have em, its called AIRSOFT

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

You betcha, and I am amazed no one ever lost an eye. Standard war rules - 2 pump maximum on BB rifles... Which translated to 20 pump maximum velocity hits everytime, but - we knew how to shoot - experts all, no head shots EVER, though i did take one of my friends fingernails off once...

...while successfully getting him to drop the gun...
edit on 10/9/2011 by Lono1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/2011 by Lono1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join