It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can take my Nerf gun when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezzer...

It's not too often that i agree with you but today I must... you are absolutely correct. Kids should be kids and Nerf guns are an essential part of that.

This story is kinda weird and honestly I don't understand why anyone would want to ban Nerf guns. I had them as a kid growing up and if I ever have kids they will have them too.

Nice find dude... S+F!!!
edit on 9-9-2011 by Cantmakedisup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

but the guns...

they are

already;

NERFED.

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Every Halloween I whip out old Bessy here. Trick or Treat my left foot! They're after my booze!

I catch the little buggers out in the open coming across the lawn. They can't maneuver much all weighted down with candies. They drop like flies. Next day I have all the candy I can handle and then some...

RATA TAT TAT TAT....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcca3bd970d7.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Is that full Auto? you know thats like 10 years in the federal pen

link   

Every Halloween I whip out old Bessy here. Trick or Treat my left foot! They're after my booze!

I catch the little buggers out in the open coming across the lawn. They can't maneuver much all weighted down with candies. They drop like flies. Next day I have all the candy I can handle and then some...

RATA TAT TAT TAT....

crew served nerf "bitchen"("bitchen"(?)did I just type that?)

edit on 9-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Third fact: No one is forcing kids to stop playing with their Nerf guns. This is a voluntary program, and it is up to the parents to decide.
Stop blowing these types of stories out of proportion...
People on this website are getting worse than the mainstream media.

However, voluntary or not, what is the point of them doing this.

It is to send a message as discretely as possible, but at the same pushing their agenda onto unsuspecting people. They are trying mold the kids into the people that the group wants.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The first one's just a general well-known fact.

Second one, I learned in college. I have a degree in psychology, and we learned about those studies on several occasions.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cantmakedisup

Common ground, brother. Cheers!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

First fact: People have become desensitized to violence.(This one is just the warmup. It's not really on topic)

Second fact: There have been numerous studies that show people are more afraid when they are confronted with a knife carrying assailant, versus a gun equipped one.
This second fact suggests that we have in fact become desensitized to the effects of a very dangerous object.

Third fact: No one is forcing kids to stop playing with their Nerf guns. This is a voluntary program, and it is up to the parents to decide.

Well you and I differ because I for one would rather be
shot to death with one bullet to the head then slashed to death
stabbed multiple times with a knife.. We are not the ones blowing things out
of proportion it is the police departments running these programs WHO HAVE
WENT WAY OVERBOARD!

link   

Originally posted by Skewed

It is to send a message as discretely as possible, but at the same pushing their agenda onto unsuspecting people.

What's the point in anti-abortionists sending their message? What's the point in the Tea Party pushing their agenda?
We live in a country where people are free to do these sorts of things.
I'd love for you to explain why they are "unsuspecting people."

link   
The smart crook would just love events like these.

They would be able to hang out, see all the liberal parents disarming their children and be able to take down their license plate numbers and notice what type of vehicle they were driving. Maybe even strike up a conversation with the parents and get an address or two.

Chances are, a parent who would encourage their kids to give up their toy guns aren't going to have any of the real thing laying around in their homes. If you can find out where they live, you will know where all of the defenseless, soft targets are located.

Where did you say this was going down again?
edit on 9/9/11 by FortAnthem because: I hear opportunity knocking. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b209fc9bd64.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Oaktree

I can't believe any responsible parent would let their child have that many automatic ak-47 assault rifle machine guns.

2 words.
Zombie Apocalypse.

i dont know too many right wingers who would spend 10 thousand bucks on a 30 year old ak47 since they are illegal for importation some do alot dont.

and i do wholehearted agree more anti 2nd stupidity as a child growing up lot of us older people use to play cowboys and indians and war.

its a safe bet all those little brainwashed youngester dont

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

The first one's just a general well-known fact.

Second one, I learned in college. I have a degree in psychology, and we learned about those studies on several occasions.

I'd be willing to debate either point. Facts. Gotta love them facts.

Assumptions? Bias? Not so much.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

WENT WAY OVERBOARD!

Sure, everyone SAYS they would be more scared of the gun...but when you ask people who have actually been in those situations, most people say they are more scared in front of knives.

But this is a response to something that you did not say. What you said is precisely why people are more afraid of knives. So you really just agreed with me...and the multiple studies.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

It is to send a message as discretely as possible, but at the same pushing their agenda onto unsuspecting people.

What's the point in anti-abortionists sending their message? What's the point in the Tea Party pushing their agenda?
We live in a country where people are free to do these sorts of things.
I'd love for you to explain why they are "unsuspecting people."

Simple. It is a program to instill in kids that guns are bad and that they are not needed. What other possibility is there when they try to get kids to hand over a toy gun. It is just a underhanded way of pushing anti-gun propaganda.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

guns arent needed eh

then go take away the police and militarys weapons.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
Nerf Guns are also banned from the college campus I was just at. Evidently a group was playing a variant of assassins and was a recognized activity group. Someone though saw the nerf guns and thought they were real guns (insert facepalm emote here...they really need to make one) and then threw a fit and got them banned when they went to the Faculty Senate or a similar group.

Here you go: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/627e50ac6244.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

RATA TAT TAT TAT....

Is that full Auto? you know thats like 10 years in the federal pen

Yeah fully auto. After about 20 minutes of continuous fire I have to either switch out the barrel or cool it off with fruit punch.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

WENT WAY OVERBOARD!

Sure, everyone SAYS they would be more scared of the gun...but when you ask people who have actually been in those situations, most people say they are more scared in front of knives.

But this is a response to something that you did not say. What you said is precisely why people are more afraid of knives. So you really just agreed with me...and the multiple studies.

I do not say I would be more afraid of a gun, I would be more afraid
of a knife, so if you agree with that then yes we have reached a consensus.
Also if I have a gun you can defend yourself against home invasions and robbery.
Kid's need to be taught how guns are GOOD not BAD. It is all in the mindset.
This whole program is a crock.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
this one is a bit off topic but not really since it still pertains to the subject of guns

i tell ya all i do love that show named "sons of guns"

you talk about the coolest job ever any kids watching see what you get to do and get paid alot of money

and know what the "machine gun smile" is

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you read my statement out of context.

I am not anti-gun by any means. I have several weapons and I roll my own bullets. No, I am not even going to consider giving up my weapons until they are removed from the criminals as well as the police first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join