It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can take my Nerf gun when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

oh come on!
I like the nerf guns, they are fun to play with and the darts don't hurt at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I;m 48 and when I was growing up, if you did'nt have a toy machine gun, your parents did'nt love you. I mean hell, army is what we played, war movies are what we watched. Every night like clock work we would sit and watch Uncle Walter Cronkite give us the number of war dead for that particular day.

We also got the must see coverage of war torn Israel, carnage, carnage, carnage. Dailey dose for years. Now we currently occupy two countries, We have a ongoing war on terror, and we bully other nations into our way of thinking. And your worried about some kids with a nerf gun? What kind of # is that? We can't have it both ways, we can't be the worlds police and set a fine example for our youth by saying nerf guns are bad. Go figure.

Nerf guns? Bull#.
edit on 10-9-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why no conservative groups that adopt babies that would be aborted?
Instead they just stand around and yell baby killer and other names that can't be said on ATS.
This would be exactly the same as what this group is doing.

Maybe you could learn a few things from this liberal group. Instead of acting as if the government itself banned nerf guns, or even started the buyback program.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Oh....The horror!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f98c489cac58.png[/atsimg]

Its all fun and games until someone
breaks a fingernail...

edit on 10-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Why no conservative groups that adopt babies that would be aborted?

Actually, they do. And it isn't just conservatives, many liberals also protest abortion clinics and there are conservatives that have abortions and liberals that don't have abortions.

One of the most liberal shows in America is Secret Life of the American Teenager. When the young girl Amy informs her mother about her pregnancy, her mother has the discussion with her and allows her to make the choice for herself. But the mother also explains that she does not agree with abortion because of her views about life and said it had nothing to do with religious reasons.

What abortion advocates do not share is the psychological toll it causes. If anyone does not think that the death of an unborn child does not affect the mothers, just ask those it has happened to. And for a girl to have to reach that decision is not easy and neither should it be. Even though she is allowed to make that choice, she needs to understand what it means. After the fact is the most affecting. I know girls who have had abortions and have miscarried.. It does affect them.

Abortions are money-makers, but at least it cut down the number of back alley ones. But even today, in the most sterile doctor's offices, girls die from abortions. That is a fact.

And what does this have to do with gun control? Oh, I forgot, it's the association of gun rights and no abortions with conservatives. Let me ask this, are all of those drug dealing gangs conservatives? They believe in their right to carry guns. Criminals who break into your house and threaten your family, are they conservatives?

Liberals live in la-la land, they believe that all we have to do is be nice to the criminals and they won't shoot us. When was the last time you heard gangsta rappers singing the praises of conservative values? NEVER. So if they are not conservative, they must be...liberal.

Just remember, that car jacker believes in his right to carry a gun. That guy robbing the convenience store believes in his right to carry a gun. That gangsta who shoots policemen also believes in his right to carry a gun. Unfortunately, for women like me who cannot walk down the street safely, I should not carry a gun according to these gun control people. I am not a stark raving mad lunatic. But I would hope to believe that I should be allowed to protect myself in my community and not have to be afraid to walk down the sidewalk or drive my car or even eat at restaurants. Perhaps some of you liberal men out there who think gun control is necessary, why don't you make it safe for women like me.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Actually, the Single shot pistol loaded with the black tipped belt fed machine gun bullets actuallt pack a major punch and the whistle of it through the air eventually creates angst. I assure you, a Five year old, a seven year old and a 20 month old still manage to inflict pain on me during our battles, with that combination.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

When I was younger I use to be a Liberal; then I grew up... sort of like a puppy eventually being over to open it's eyes. As a young adult I did not agree with much my father had to say. I thought he was ignorant much of the time and hateful, and prejudice: I didn't want to be anything like him.

The older I got the more I began to see the values my dad lived by and taught. One of those things was to do what I believe is right, even when it is unpopular or difficult. He taught me to be honest, respect my elders, question authority and never EVER give up my rights in the name of safety or enlightenment.

He also taught me to try to highjack conversation to advance my own agenda was not only rude... it reveal the substance of my character. I think your post is downright silly! To begin with many conservative adopt unwanted children! To state they don't either dishonest or ignorant.

When I think of my father today I am so grateful he taught me values and morals. I was one of those girls that got pregnant in high school and BOY was he angry. After about 36 hours, once he'd cooled off, he came into my room and sat beside me and explained why he did not agree with abortion but told me he loved me and knew I was scared. He promised to stand by me no matter decision I made and never EVER stop loving me.

My son is 32 now and even though my life was at times very hard and inconvenient I am so thankful I had the right to make my own choice, and that my father...*ignorant warmonger* respected my rights and trusted me to make the right decision for myself, even if he didn't agree with it.

My son has been taught the in the proper use of firearms and to respect how dangerous they can be since he was about 6 yrs old. He also had nerf guns and a BB gun. So far so good, he hasn't killed anyone because he wasn't raised to fear them.

edit on 9/10/11 by Cinaed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Teen motherhood is difficult. Applause for you because it sounds like you did a wonderful job with your son. My son would be 32 now also if he lived, but I would hope I would have done good for him. Mine was lost through miscarriage. But as I grew up I used to think about major decisions about children and life and thought "What would I have taught him about this?" I hope I would have made right decisions.

With my nature and my character, I would have taught him that integrity is the highest thing to seek for yourself.

But it sounds like your son is a good man, good job that you have done.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My father and I would have nerf gun fights on nights when my mother would go out with her friends.

Those nights are some of the best memories of my childhood. Flipping over couches and firing nerf darts at each other. I was thrilled to receive a nerf gattling gun when I brought home a report card with straight "A"s

Now, here I am 26 years old, and my father and I go shoot real guns at the range together. I have the utmost respect for the power of a loaded firearm, and especially after being involved in a shoot out in which I was shot in the leg, I have felt the devastation first hand.

A gun of any kind is nothing more than a tool. Some tools may be used for entertainment, some for home repairs, some for pain.

At the end of the day, I would much rather be shot in the head than bludgeoned to death with a club.

That is all

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

At the end of the day, I would much rather be shot in the head than bludgeoned to death with a club.

You have made a very good point there. It scares me to think that someone could break into my house tonight and beat me with a club. That is exactly what I was referring to when I said that this is not a safe world, especially for women who are alone.I think that most women do not know self-defense and those who do know self-defense are no match for men who are stronger and more determined. Sure, in some cases, the self-defense works. But not every woman can fight a man to save her life. Even some men are not able to.

Guns are a tool. The person who carries a gun to do harm will also carry a club or a knife if they don't have a gun. Serial killers don't always use guns. And guns themselves do not cause people to become violent, the violent ones will find anything to use but use guns because they are quicker.

I would prefer a thousand good men around me with guns who make my neighborhood safe for me, than one crazy person with the only gun. That one crazy person may just as very well use a club. We have to decide at the end of the day what gun safety really is, and that is keeping us safe by guns until there is no more need to do so. Right now, they are our safety.

If someone breaks into my home tonight, how long will it take the police to get there? Will they make it before he bludgeons me to death? They won't come if I can't call. And I can't call if I am dead.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Absolute madness. I always had the coolest toy guns when I was a kid, so much so that all kids wanted to come over to my house. Never crossed my mind to buy a real one, never crossed my mind to become a violent criminal either. I mean this makes no sense, there's no logic to it at all, how does something this utterly stupid make it past the idea stage?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

That is by far.... That.... That is amazing, I must say.

But On topic, Dear lord, NERF guns? I'd be more worried about the types of video games they let their kids play. Call of Duty, Modern Warfare and the like. Now, I'm not against the games in itself, but in all honesty, i'd be more worried about those, than nerf guns.

Nerf, you get a suction cup to your forehead, Video games, you see the blood splatter, cutting edge graphics shows every trickle of blood and every singed hair, burned flesh mark, and others, and not only that, they've gotten more and more realistic.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanks all for some great stories and wonderful memories.

It's kind of silly, this whole Nerf thing, isn't it? But!
If we don't say something now, then wouldn't we also be held responsible for future "innocent" restrictions as well?
I remember a game (my parents still have it) called Jarts (?) Huge metal darts that were thrown into a circle. This game no longer exiss because of the "potential" harm it may cause.
Now Nerf?
Little issues like this, silly items that appear on the news, have far-reaching consequences if nothing is said, nothing is done.
I'm heartened by the responses that have been garnered by this story. Little things like these posts do give me hope for the future that we are not going to roll over and allow a minority to dictate to the rest of us.
Cheers!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This all reminds me of that faithful war....The Great Office War

This is what Nerf Guns do to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bahaha

edit on 11-9-2011 by abaraikenshi because: (no reason given)

EDIT! I swear I didn't know Slayer posted that video, but as a testament to it's incredible awesome...ness, we both posted it and it's a great watch! Haha
edit on 11-9-2011 by abaraikenshi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Oh....The horror!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f98c489cac58.png[/atsimg]

Its all fun and games until someone
breaks a fingernail...

edit on 10-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

The Nerf Business Wars Cool ! Their Next Level Phase !! Would be Like the Monty Pythons !!
Business Pirates!

The Crimson Permanent Assurance !!!!!!!!!

The Crimson Permanent Assurance part 1

The Crimson Permanent Assurance (Part 2)

IMDB

Plot Summary for The Crimson Permanent Assurance (1983)
More at IMDbPro »

In the bleak days of 1983, the Crimson Permanent Assurance, an accountancy staffed by elderly workers much like a slave ship, has been taken over by efficiency-minded corporate types. When they sack an employee, there's an uprising, and the building is unleashed from its moorings to sail across the (dry) ocean and take on the financial centers of the world, starting with an all-out attack on the large skyscraper housing The Very Big Corporation of America, complete with filing-cabinet cannons, ceiling-fan broadswords, and paper-spindle short-swor

www.imdb.com...

I can see !
Next Chess Nerf Wars!

edit on 11-9-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
when you put down your guns i will attack you

do not put down your gun
edit on 11-9-2011 by obzerver because: monkey sounds

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"..denial can be seductive, but it has an insidious side effect. For all the peace of mind deniers think they get by saying it isn’t so, the fall they take when faced with new violence is all the more unsettling. Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level."
- Gavin de Becker

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It does sound ridiculous that lots of people think that Nerf guns will lead to violence; however, in Buffalo gun violence is a big issue. Little children get killed by random gunfire while playing on the sidewalk. So obviously something needs to be done. Sure, the one mother was going about it the wrong way by instilling fear in their child as opposed to responsibility, but a mother teaching her child to stay away from guns of all kinds (even the Nerf variety), is much better than say she were to do nothing at all. So although extreme, it's still better than sitting on your thumbs and doing nothing.

As for how did this idea come into fruition, I think it is a desperate attempt by mothers to help stop violence. Violence can ruin a family. If a child is killed, by gunfire it is a tragic event. If a child is sent to prison for murder, it is tragic for the family too. So I can totally see why they would jump to these conclusions that Nerf guns might lead to using regular guns. They want to stop violence, and they want hope. Doing this program restores a little hope in them and makes them feel a little better. And of course not every kid in the neighborhood is going to turn in their Nerf gun. Although a child turning in his Nerf gun, is kind of symbolic, like he is saying to his mother, I am not going to have any guns in my future. Although it would be tragic if he does so anyway, but that is another story.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I love the N-Strike Maverick. It feels good in my hands and doesn't need modification. I also like the modified N-Strike Nite Finder EX-3. These are accurate and powerful weapons. We use the clip darts.

Nerf guns are great for exercise, laughter, and cat training. We've come close to putting an eye out around here.

BOT, some people will kill. You'd better protect yourself.
edit on 11-9-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Dude that was the BEST video i've seen in a LONG time!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join