It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can take my Nerf gun when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I was not speaking to the nerf gun, I was replying to a post by another member. I thought it was fairly obvious... my mistake!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
reply to post by beezzer

These folks trying to do this "buy back" scenario are a bunch of frenzied eyed lunatics. This is the same group of tree huggers that believes you can solve every problem by talking through it and removing guns from the hands of anyone who has a 2nd Amendment God-Given Right to have and own one for protection of their family, property and themselves. These are the folks who haven't read recorded historical documents regarding their freedoms and their RIGHTS to those freedoms.

I would be willing to be you that if any of those folks ever encountered someone who was breaking into their home late at night or was being threatened with a knife with their life or bodily harm, they could not defend themselves. No, they would expect the POLICE to come deal with it (Those who Serve and Protect) but they protect the criminals mostly, not the innocent and seldom if ever arrive in time to save anyone or to stop a crime from occurring. Yes, these are the whiners and crybabies who want your guns. They are WEAK and are PANZIES in my honest opinion. They will never go hunting for their food if it came down to it. They would want the NANNY GOVERNMENT to take care of them.

Talk about your raving lunatic fear factor aficionados.

It's funny how you can make so many deductions and assume so much about people simply because you disagree with them. They this and they that. Are they the kind of people you want waving guns in your face? People who promote lies and false inferences about individuals whom they know nothing about.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I not only had nerf guns when I was young, I had the real looking cap guns, nerft bow and arrow, my friends and I even had Blowguns and we shot eachouther with the plastic stun darts, my childhood was full of that stuff, my dad took me out hunting at a young age, witch required me to take a "Hunters Safety Course". But he allso taught me proper firearm safety.

In my opinion its the parents responsibility to teach there childern right from wrong.

I will admit that...maby the neft guns got me more interested in the real thing, and thats fine by me, I love firearms and my right to have them!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The great object is that every man be armed...Everyone who is able may have a gun--Patrick Henry

And what country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms--Thomas Jefferson

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States--Noah Webster, An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, 1787

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

I couldn't have said it any better.
well done

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm thinking those Brady kids just aren't the best of examples to use! Ever notice how the boys were always FIXING their bikes but hardly EVER riding them??

Not too mechanically inclined I guess.... goes back to my point! Kids don't know how to use tools these days!

LMAO @Jan Brady quote!

link   
This really cracked me up because just last night, the wife and kids and I were sitting on the front porch talking about getting a huge set of Nerf guns for the whole family for epic indoor Nerf battles during long winter days.

link   

Originally posted by brindle
Nerf should be banned.

What !!

as MY Son says NO way

Nerf Toys should be restricted Only to Toddlers!! For Training !

Here litte Joey take this Nerf Frisbee and try to hit that Target on that Hay Bale
Pre K Bus is coming but daddy I want to play that game in the movie Tron!!
In time In time when you get good at it ill get you a Tron Legacy Identity Disk deluxe

keep practicing ohh the Bus is Here!

Tron Identity Disk that Flys!

tron identity disc throwing frisbee
www.flickr.com...

whats Next ? Sports Should be Banned in Schools ?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Nerf...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't mind people having guns for defense. But don't go carrying around a gun or show off any gun.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think the crime problem might have a little to do with the
50% divorce rate, and all these women that have baby daddies
as they call them. Children growing up without fathers or
just some other man. Not being taught right and wrong
nerf gun toy, real gun dangerous if used improperly..

If these broken homes were put back together I believe
crime would lower.. I only see more and more broken homes
in the future with more and more violence. Blame it on society
and the degredation of the people, the sewer pipe coming out
of hollywood before you blame a plastic toy.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

what an interesting and mad read ! S + F OP
jeeeeezz....... i cant do nothing but shake my head ...... seriously crazily deluded world we live in.....
put the fear back in our kids ?!
let kids be kids no other way bout it.....

madness.....utter madness

fluffx

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This "FATHERS" cult is just another group of politically correct extremists... the very cancer in America today.

Are we going to become so politically correct in this country, that we will no longer have a country/culture of our own?
Brainwash children to fear things, instead of building confidence, respect and courage by way of understanding, experience and education? Never.

This group cult needs to disband and crawl back into the dark recesses they once came from... before they indoctrinate more children to be like them.

So what will the FATHERS group do with the 100 or so toys...?

“We plan on burying them in the next six months,” Lane said. “We’re going to get a coffin and put the guns in the coffin, and we’re going to close that coffin and pray. ... burying the guns that have been burying us.”

"Then there's no fear holding the real gun when they get older. We want to put that fear back into our children."

These twisted extremists would rather abuse children with cowardice, fear and death then to properly open their young minds to their full potential... not paralyze them with fear of an inanimate object.

Firearms are like any other item or tool, they can be extremely dangerous in the wrong hands; and purposely brainwashing children to fear something instead of using their intellect to overcome/control it, is extremely dangerous, to say nothing of pathetically poor parenting.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We didnt have nerf guns growing up so we had dirt ball fights or picker fights. Let me tell ya those baby hurt. Oh and you can poke someone in the eye with a sharp stick so what is these peoples point. Prove how dumb some people can really be because right now there in the runnin for the award.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yer,i agree with other posters,

We should be teaching people about guns,not pretending they don't exist...

Because they are very real!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
is this for real???? im english, i take it this is america we are talkin bout?, if not then im puttin my sons nerf to the head....lickin the end of the dart and pullin the trigger!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Instead of spending money on Nerf guns...

Hire some security for your military ammunition

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They are buying something a parent may have bought their own child as a gift? I would be mad as hell if these jerks usurpted my parental authority.

Are we sure they are not getting these guns from Johnny and Billy and sending them to the Mexico drug lords to make big bucks? Just saying...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

Originally posted by camaro68ss
These people make me sick. you know what I i did with my family this weekend. we went up to our familys 1,200 acre ranch and everyone holsters a loaded gun up there, even my 12 year old brother. Its call responsibility

Why does everyone need a gun when you're all together? Afraid of what happened in "Red Dawn" or what? I'm all about gun freedom, but, hell, they're for self defense. Why does everyone need a piece for a picnic?

Eta: it is called responsibility only when people are being responsible.
Were you expecting an invasion of grizzly bears? Alligators? Mugwumps?
edit on 9-9-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

Oh, do you mean like eating out, say in Lubys? Or anywhere else in public per se? Watch video.

People like you always make the same arguments, and the same fallacies. Those arguments and fallacies are continually rebutted time and again. But since your minds dont work on logic, you continually bring the issue up time and again as if you position is still valid. If a Human has a Right to LIfe, then a Human also has the right to protect and defend their lives. Since one does not know when the need will arise for one to defend ones life, then the need to remain capable of defending ones life should always be maintained.

It is also common sense that a Human that is trying to hurt another or their family should be met with equal force, otherwise the one with superior force is going to dominate the one who has the lesser force. So why is it that some of you feel that Humans have no right to defend their lives. That is a rhetorical question, for I dont debate People that dont present logic. And since our Laws in the US give us the Right to life, the Right to Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, as well as the second amendment that is "inalienable", your entire argument is moot.

Oh, one more thing, it is People like yourself who truly threaten the World, and the United States of America. That is if you have the privilege of living in this great Country.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed...."- Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, 1787

edit on 10-9-2011 by HermitShip because: add

edit on 10-9-2011 by HermitShip because: (no reason given)

You dont think you agenda threatens the World I presume either, do you. Watch video below.

edit on 10-9-2011 by HermitShip because: add

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
As I recall, cars run over people and kill them too. Perhaps we should do away with cars too.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join