It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston we have a problem : Breakup of Comet Elenin is slowing it down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well I guess we will find out in the near future but as for tonight I have a strange feeling I must watch "Last of the Mohicans"...weird.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Although it may have the same mass, the surface area is different broken up than when together. If this solar storm is effecting Elenin like you say, the greater amount of surface area is also a primary factor in determining the effect as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

I like how it said elenin hasn't formed a tail.

I saw a tail in one of the last shots.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Elenin has not broken up
Elenin has a very weak tail(made more of iron?)
Elenin has slowed down(solar wind?)/more accurate measurements were taken recently meaning it will pass even closer to earth
lots of weird coincidences with the comet
obama going to denver airport september 27th i believe
satalite to fall inbettween oct and nov
nasa abandons ISS
space shuttle retires
nasa emails apparently warning famillies to get prepared
lots of new tv shows about aliens
edit on 10-9-2011 by nyancat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyancat
Elenin has not broken up
Elenin has a very weak tail(made more of iron?)
Elenin has slowed down(solar wind?)/more accurate measurements were taken recently meaning it will pass even closer to earth
lots of weird coincidences with the comet
obama going to denver airport september 27th i believe
satalite to fall inbettween oct and nov
nasa abandons ISS
space shuttle retires
nasa emails apparently warning famillies to get prepared

Maybe the reason for obama going to that airport bunker is to guarantee he wont get that satellite in his head?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
maybe the military lost the funds to be able to track it and no money for space program

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
So does anyone know when this thing might hit us if it is? I hope not until after 11-11-11. I gotta play Skyrim before I die.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut reply to post by Theophoros
Latest science says it does appear to have broken up. Even its discoverer Leon Elenin has commented on its break up. Because the pieces are in the vacuum of space and the forces upon the comet are unchanged, they are not, essentially, changing direction, slowing down, speeding up or anything similar. The comet is just becoming softer and fuzzier as moves on its original orbital trajectory.

Not at all. Velocity = mass * acceleration... so less mass because is breaking up, then less velocity. Simple physics.
reply to post by greenCo

No, chr0naut was correct. The broken pieces of the comet contain the same kinetic energy as the the parent body and since the comet has no on-board propulsion system accelerating them, your velocity equation does not apply to this scenario. Gravity will have an effect , but the particles will follow the same orbital path as the parent body. This is why we have meteor showers, since the earth is passing through the orbital paths of past comets that have shed material.

edit on 10-9-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
How can something that doesn't exist slow down ?!?!

First (this is a joke because this is all a lie in which only idiots BELIEVE):

Niburu (oups, you experts call it "Elenin") will not hit the Earth because it will hit the Moon.
I, the scientist, have calculated that using UV telescope (IR is so old technology)
and most advanced pen and paper in the world.

Second (this one for real):

No comet or anything like that will ever harm the Earth because
aliens from our Hollow Earth will destroy it
the same way as they had destroyed the Tunguska meteorite in 1908.

Third (this one for most extremely serious note):

Whoever BELIEVES in Nibiru, Elenin, X-R2-D2, or whatever they come up with next
if he is not a zionist shill
is .... (censored) ...

I have always thought, and I still do, that a person should base his BELIEFS on KNOWLEDGE

but here, KNOWLEDGE is based on BELIEF.

LOL !

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Another unbelievably stupid Elenin thread. Well done, guys.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Umm, hate to break it to some of you guys but Velocity does not equal mass X acceleration.

I don't understand the logic in Elenin losing mass therefore slowing down, doesn't an object in space keep its velocity unless acted on by an opposing force? I thought that was the whole beauty of a vacuum.

Please someone explain this to me I'm confused!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
For the 3rd time... It has not broken up at all. It is a Healthy Comet. Pictures for proof already posted!!!!!!!! 2nd page this thread!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Theophoros

Latest science says it does appear to have broken up. Even its discoverer Leon Elenin has commented on its break up.

Because the pieces are in the vacuum of space and the forces upon the comet are unchanged, they are not, essentially, changing direction, slowing down, speeding up or anything similar. The comet is just becoming softer and fuzzier as moves on its original orbital trajectory.

Not at all.
Velocity = mass * acceleration... so less mass because is breaking up, then less velocity. Simple physics.

Strange physics wherever you live. Where I live :

Force = mass * acceleration
Velocity = acceleration * time
Distance = velocity * time
Kinetic energy = (mass * velocity^2)/2 (hence 30mph crash is almost half the damage than a 40pmh crash)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valar God
I have always thought, and I still do, that a person should base his BELIEFS on KNOWLEDGE

but here, KNOWLEDGE is based on BELIEF.

If we followed this path, no NEW knowledge could be acquired.

We have got to stop thinking we are at the end of the advancement in knowledge of any significant size. Scientists have to believe there is something they don't know in order to seek out and find something new.

Scientists "knew" that rocks couldn't fall from the sky when farmers "believed" rocks fell from the sky. Eventually scientists realized their knowledge was wrong and that those "stupid fantasy tales" turned out to be true, they just didn't have enough information to explain it.

It turned out it was the Scientists who simply believed, and the uneducated farmers who knew. We call the rocks meteors now and to you it is obvious.

What will be obvious to someone 100 years from now that you will look stupid for "Knowing"?

Namaste
edit on 10-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
reply to post by SaturnFX

no one is talking about extinction

so tired of the bs threads that assume any talk about a comet or alignment means people will die

Here we go
Yes, many people are talking about extinction..matter of fact, thats sort of the key conspiracy discussion.
They show these graphs of the comet aligning up between us and the sun and how each time there are these epic earthquakes...saying that when it is near us, the earth will all but tear up.

Now, if your not discussing the apocalyptic end of the world type senario from the brown dwarf elenin, then your not up to date on what the conspiracy is.

So, perhaps you should spend a bit of time slamming the people like video maker for stroking the fear and panic of wormwood elenin death star or whatever verses say -nobody- is speaking doom and gloom about elenin...

I actually don't even know why I mind actually...without doomsday conspiracy theorists, we would miss out on some cool movies, but it does sort of cast anyone discussing conspiracy theories in the same nutty basket unfortunately...so, misinformation and false info seem to be the norm. Pity conspiracy theorists couldn't be separated up by the merit of evidence done...why is someone uncovering a large corporate scandal that effects most of the world and has a mountain of evidence in the same boat as the guy claiming nibiru is driven by reptilian celebrity skinjobs and coming to turn all kids into prostitutes...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

If what you wrote, sounds wise, clever and logical at least in your eyes

then lets just leave it at that and be thankful for being alive.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Valar God

We can be glad to be alive regardless of our difference of awareness regarding the evolution of knowledge.

Do you *know* we will ever be able to live on Mars? Do you believe we will?

Did someone *know* when the first rocket was built that we would go to the moon? Did they believe we could?

Did Democritus *know* that atoms existed? Or did he believe they did?

This is a train that can go on quite literally forever.

The evolution of Theory of Relativity from "good idea" to "verified knowledge".

At its introduction in 1915, the general theory of relativity did not have a solid empirical foundation.

Namaste.
edit on 10-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here is the latest and greatest on everyones favorite comet. Still trying to decipher all of this.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandella1099

Wow, Phage - Are all of your comments being supported by your observations with your own personal equipment?

No.
They are supported by orbital mechanics as well as a history of what has happened during many other cometary breakups.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

I stand to my previous statement.

It is nice how you squeezed the Moon hoax as a fact
into your text full nonsense.

It is nice how you integrated some idiotic theory about some relativity as a proven fact
made up by some no-life who's only achievement were made by his wife Mileva.

Illuminati are also, like you, pushing that creep as the biggest mind of all times
in order to make people forget about Nikola Tesla and his achievements
and the fact that we really could go to space or Moon if he was allowed
to do what he could instead of not because of some depopulation agenda.

Lol, the biggest scientist of all times (as most of people will say)
is someone who came up with a theory (a false one, which is more absurd)
and not the one who's projects are still not comprehensible by today's "scientists".

With every post you just keep proving how smart you are
and that Moon hoax becomes more and more believable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join