It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston we have a problem : Breakup of Comet Elenin is slowing it down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by captiva

They rely on our confusion - which leads to inaction to be able to carry out their agenda!

Just as long as we keep putting the pennies in the bank and keep running their businesses until they get in their shelters. Just as long as the masses don't catch on and turn into a lynch mob before they hit those bunkers.

Yes they love confusion - it stops decisions being made!

They have all the black budget money and supposedly the worlds top scientific brains poured into Nasa and the likes and they know exactly what is coming - Satalite my Backside! That just buys them those last few hours to head for the bunkers.

Actually, it is more complicated then that.

The Insiders count on fear to keep the masses in line - including the penguins they have working for them.

When the masses of the world start fearing something more then they fear the Insiders - God, Nibiru, Elenin, etc - then they lose all control of them.

This is what keeps the Insiders awake at night.

You might call it the Sum of all Fears...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
reply to post by Theophoros

another fact....

Deep Impact was a movie based on a fictitious yet plausible story. It's not a documentary.

Well, homie, then that means someone is a really, really, good guesser...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

Originally posted by chr0naut

Latest science says it does appear to have broken up. Even its discoverer Leon Elenin has commented on its break up.

Because the pieces are in the vacuum of space and the forces upon the comet are unchanged, they are not, essentially, changing direction, slowing down, speeding up or anything similar. The comet is just becoming softer and fuzzier as moves on its original orbital trajectory.

Not at all.
Velocity = mass * acceleration... so less mass because is breaking up, then less velocity. Simple physics.

LMAO, only on ATS.

You may want to give that a second look before correcting your fellow posters...

Newton's laws of motion

Care to point out exactly where in Sir Issac's laws V=MA?

Perhaps you meant F=MA?

Regardless, chr0naut is correct.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by greenCo

You are absolutely right about velocity equaling mass times acceleration.

When you break something up, all the pieces have the same total mass as the original object. This is true for a comet moving through space.

As there is no change in mass.

There is no significant change in velocity.

There may be a tiny change due to the greater area of interaction with the solar wind due to the increase in area facing the Sun, but this is trivial as there was already an interaction with the solar wind before the break up.

Correct, however, as stated, there is indication that, in fact, it has significantly changed velocity and, when that is calculated out it puts it right in our ball park, literally.

link   
I believe the Youtube Christian mom who had a prophetic dream on July 7.

Basically she said it would disappear, and then reappear to the public as a Spaceship, but then we realize it something else entirely that consists of a skid of asteroids, several unknowns and a comet, all dancing about like a car driving different sized wheels. My guess sort of like a "Gravity Well".

And a 70 ton satellite is going to drop on our head while we are all looking up? Yikes, no definite date on that one either! They probably forgot to "disengage" this latest cover-story and it went through, now when the debris/fire comes raining down everyone will have another argument as to what really stopped our hearts!

Something else has to suddenly appear, something absurd I would believe! Probably Blue Beam!

+2 more 
link   
On Dec 1st, I am going to track down every Elenin doomsayer, go to their house, and personally slap them .

Just saying...

-gets his slappin glove ready-

Add: for clarity

If there was -any- danger from this comet, you would have mathmaticians, cosmologists, hell, even backyard astronomers singing a deafening chorus around the world all speaking the same thing

Not just some fringy conspiracy theorist and doomsday "profits"...you lot need to calm down...not saying wait for the msm to scream, but college professors and the like...once they start sending an alert, then ya...its time to consider thing, and not one or two, but thousands...

now...back to my slapping practice...wa-thwack...fa-wamp...
edit on 9-9-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
On Dec 1st, I am going to track down every Elenin doomsayer, go to their house, and personally slap them .

Just saying...

Slap this :

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Always imagine the unimagineable. Could we ever have imagined 9/11 prior to the event or could we ever have imagined being in Iraq after so many years and knowing we went there based on lies.

respects

link   

Originally posted by Theophoros

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Just saying...

Slap this :

-double backhand slapping of a manmade crop circle supposedly predicting a comets death dive to earth...then slaps the youtube maker, then slaps their parents just to get the point across-

link   
it does not matter wether elinen is breaking up or not.
trajectory calculation was showing that it'll fly by. if it breaks up the chunks will follow the very same trajectory as before due to its momentum.
A course change would require energy in ammounts this thingy cannot set free due to its composition

as far as i remember the miss distance was in the 'million-mile' range, which starts making me think how large YOU guys think the solar system is.

SPACE is somewhat bigger than your backyard and if something passes by in such a distance, having just this little mass you can bet that if you hit your cars breaks it'll have a more severe effect on earth than this crappy fellow.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Always imagine the unimagineable. Could we ever have imagined 9/11 prior to the event or could we ever have imagined being in Iraq after so many years and knowing we went there based on lies.

respects

Oh, I am very wary of space rocks slamming us, history show countless examples of this going down and either toasting a good size area, or blotting out the sun for awhile.

And hell, tomorrow we could suddenly see, without warning, a giant fireball enter the atmosphere...yes, the concept is a very real and dangerous threat..
But this elenin has been studied to death..and its not a threat...except to the people wanting it to be a threat or something...again, if a world audience of scientists from all areas are not worried, then neither am I...if a handful of conspiracy fetishists are worried, meh...they worry about everything, boy who cried wolf times a million

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

For something that has been "Studied to death" there is so much conflicting and changing information coming from everyone including: Nasa, Amateur and Pro`s, media, news networks, Youtube, the internet etc etc. I am glad you have a reputable source that you can put your trust in....me I trust no-one. The difference between you and I is that I will be prepared and hopefully my preparation will have been for nothing. You will not, whether its for nothing or not.

respects

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nonsense.

The orbit of the comet hasn't changed since it was discovered. What has changed is the accuracy of the calculations of its orbit. More observations = more accuracy. The calculated orbit has been essentially unchanged since February.

Please show when perihelion was ever calculated to occur on September 8th (as claimed in the foolish video), but before you try you should look at this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(Some of the nonsense posted here on ATS has actually turned out be useful!)

Please provide the revised orbital elements which indicate a delay of close approach to Earth.
edit on 9/9/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Correct, however, as stated, there is indication that, in fact, it has significantly changed velocity and, when that is calculated out it puts it right in our ball park, literally.

Elenin (or what's left of it) has and will continue to increase its velocity until perihelion (in 17 hours or so). It will then begin to lose velocity. This is normal orbital behavior. There is no indication that this is not the case.

Unless the comet has fragmented to the point of nothing but dust (probably not), any fragments would be little affected by the solar wind. They will continue to follow the original orbit (and the velocity profile of that orbit). In the long term they will separate and acquire orbits still very similar to the original orbit.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
The difference between you and I is that I will be prepared and hopefully my preparation will have been for nothing. You will not, whether its for nothing or not.
respects

Just wanted to chime in on this...how exactly do you prepare for extinction? pray twice as many times and make sure your underwear is clean or something?

I live in Florida...where actual threats come and its not unheard of to lose power for a month...I know how to survive on the land, I will only need about 5 minutes of "preparation"...so, unless you have some sweet fallout shelter setup, then you are more than likely equal or less than I am just naturally in the swamplands of florida

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

no one is talking about extinction

so tired of the bs threads that assume any talk about a comet or alignment means people will die

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The comet has not broke up Leonid Elenin has been called out on this already and its completely false.

There is not going to be a "Break Up" It never has "Broken Up" This video is a sham and so is the claim that anything has happened to the comet. These pics from Robotic Rent a Telescope Network. Australia.

Leonid Elenin is wrong period and is "examining" these pictures as we speak but was provided the pics on the 3rd. Not professing panic or anything just that I wish people would stop believing misinformation.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by greenCo

You are absolutely right about velocity equaling mass times acceleration.

When you break something up, all the pieces have the same total mass as the original object. This is true for a comet moving through space.

As there is no change in mass.

There is no significant change in velocity.

There may be a tiny change due to the greater area of interaction with the solar wind due to the increase in area facing the Sun, but this is trivial as there was already an interaction with the solar wind before the break up.

No, each part has less mass, so less velocity (even though its relatively accelerating right now, because the perihelion thing). Its no more one object, but several ones. Furthermore, we don´t know the extent of this breaking happening to elenin.
edit on 9-9-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
isn't this the comet that will come no closer that 2 million miles from earth ? why are people freaking out about this ?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

All of the fragments would be in free fall, just as the original comet was. All of the fragments would be under the influence of the Sun's gravity to the same extent. As Galileo demonstrated, the rate of acceleration of a falling object is not dependent upon it's mass. There would be no noticeable change in velocity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join