It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston we have a problem : Breakup of Comet Elenin is slowing it down

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
[more

I have no idea whether it was negligible or not. What you said made zero sense, there was no logic to it at all. That's why it's worth discussing. You can't in one breath say that comet Elenin affects the solar wind without the solar wind affecting comet Elenin.

That's all I was pointing out. If you're going to make an argument atleast do so while considering the laws of physics, especially when you're arguing to defend the press releases by the scientific establishment that claims to believe in them as being "LAWS" of reality.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Xtraeme
Does anyone else here see parallels between Elenin and the Hale Bopp fiasco? I have to admit I'm a bit concerned that some small group amongst us plans to reenact a "Heaven's Gate" type scenario on or around October 18th. If I was a part of the ATS staff I'd be treating this subject much more seriously.

I'm not worried about such an event.. in fact.. I say bring it on! The less of these gullible fear-mongers polluting the gene pool the better.

IRM

But where will I get my entertainment?

Crazy isn't just a mindset. It's a fashion.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
reply to post by Theophoros

yes solar wind does effect its speed, but as i gets closer to the sun its gravity speeds it up more then the solar wind slows it down

Correct - however that particular acceleration was already factored into the JPL coordinates before the breakup then, within about ten days the new coordinates came up from NASA - this alone should tell everyone something - and these new coordinates show the comet has lost three days.

These are facts - the only logical conclusion I could arrive at was that the Solar Wind must be slowing the fragments down more then it slowed down the comet itself however, ultimately, it doesn't change the outcome any...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
That looks to me like a really good landing trajectory.
Lets hope its not a ship filled with demons.

No - it isn't a ship - it is a comet that is possibly being steered by someone or something.

Now, you bring up an interesting point.

In fact, the comet would have missed us however, now with this breakup it is dangerously close to slamming into us - in other words, it is as if it was broken up on purpse to put it on a kamakazi trajectory towards the earth.

This would imply that it was done on purpose...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

The orbital calculations have not changed substantially. The comet has not "lost three days". The video is incorrect.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by Theophoros
Not according to the latest JPL figures which is where the three day change occured...
Again, there is no 3-day change. I began post the perihelion time as listed by JPL here back in March. As of March, the closest approach to the sun was listed as 2011-Sep-10 17:55, and the closest approach to Earth was 2011-Oct-16 21:08 at a minimum distance of 34,699,527.9 km.

As of today, the the JPL data shows a perihelion time of 2011-Sep-10 17:15 (a difference of only 40 minutes). The closest approach to Earth is listed as 2011-Oct-16 19:50 (a difference of 78 minutes) at a minimum distance of 34,984,398 km (a difference of 284,870.1 km). Not too bad for over 6 additional months of observations,and certainly not a 3-day difference in perihelion time.

Yes, there is a three day change. It was due to pass through the ecliptic on Septermber 8 and now, with the new coordinates it will pass through on September 11 - today.

It has lost three days since the breakup and the release of the New JPL Coordiantes by NASA within ten days of this breakup not only implies this change but also pretty much proves that the breakup has changed the trajectory.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Is there any 100% proof this "Elenin" even exists or existed?

Or if it was even coming towards Earth?

Because i havnt seen any proof yet...

Page 4 has a video of it on the Stero B and the video I made includes in the opening minutes an actual video of it made by someone through a telescope.

It definately exists...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
If it is a ship. it would slow down and change direction to end up in a earth orbit.
if you travel a long distance in space. you would have a big booster.
and when you get near your destination you would dump it.
the booster would go in to a planet orbit or a high earth orbit.
it should not make any more maneuvers until it gets closer.
and some kind of communications will start. unless they are hostile.
this could be a fake alien attack. or real aliens.
it is Very much the same as the alien invasion films.

Its not a ship - but there might be ships steering it and for what purpose the video itself seemingly answers - to have it impact earth...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophoros

Yes, there is a three day change. It was due to pass through the ecliptic on Septermber 8 and now, with the new coordinates it will pass through on September 11 - today.

Nonsense.
Elenin was never calculated to cross the ecliptic on September 8. Here is a post on another site, from February, with images showing that the ascending node was shown to occur on the 13-14th of September.
pec.yuku.com...

It is not passing through the ecliptic today. Your statements and your video are nothing but nonsense. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b41fd40ab6e3.png[/atsimg]

edit on 9/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Could I just make one point.....
Its about NASA's terminology regarding comets....
Calling Elenin "Wimpy" 2km...
So a 4 km+ would be "abit less wimpy".........
Then just a third more would be
...oh yeah, "the PT extinction event comet"... Just stick to the numbers NASA, less of the kindergarten terminology.

Using the numbers if it were to be a slam dunk it's a 30% die off.
Now you see why i was chucked off the official Elenin Facebook group
they hate the numbers and....detail.
edit on 10-9-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

This, then, leads the average person to ask the obvious question - if this is not a wimpy comet, then why on earth did they say it was...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DreamerOracle

A spherical object of diameter 2km has a volume of 4.2 cubic km.
A spherical object of diameter 4km has a volume of 16.8 cubic km.
A spherical object of diameter 5.3km (1/3 more than 4) has a volume of 29.6 cubic km.

Yes, there's a pretty good difference between 2km and 5.3km, 7 times the mass. Now, feel free to calculate the difference in kinetic energy using a density of your choice.

Numbers.

Not that it matters since Elenin (or what's left of it) will not impact Earth. But if it did it would not be pleasant.

edit on 9/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Well - we actually agree on something there hey - so, if it would not be pleasant, why in the world did NASA call it "wimpy"?

That aught to cause the average person to pause and think about this...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
love the end of the world type music for the video. it fits the scenario, imo. And we wonder why Russia is building bunkers.. lol

Think about this - several Russian telecasts come right out and say that Nibiru is inbound and it will have major global ramifications.

Those broadcasts would have been impossible without Putin's ok.

So, why is Putin warning the world and no Politician in the west is...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by iNkGeEk

You're forgetting the in between possibilities. It could fragment and some of those fragments could strike several parts of the earth at once causing world wide devastation, not enough to wipe out all life, but enough to break our society into a tatters.

Also, it could stay relatively together, but pass close enough to rip some of our atmosphere away, causing world wide devastation that takes decades or centuries to wipe us out and all out ensuing chaos on earth.

So it's not a who cares there's nothing we can do. It's more, those of us who prepare for the less than immediate all out destruction will be relatively alright and those ostriches who bury their heads in the sand will be crying for their mommies to save them...

Jaden

Yeah - by the way, someone on GLP just posted a video of a LASCO2 pass by Elenin and you can clearly see that it has companions with it.

Both above and BELOW Elenin...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
So NASA claims that this comet which they call Elenin is disintegrating?
I wondering if NASA will get any photo's of this or can we see this comet with a telescope?

You should have been able to see it through a scope before now south of the equator - the video I made contains a personal video through a scope that someone else made - its in the first couple of minutes in my video and lasts a couple of seconds.

Now, as of today, it has passed through our ecliptic so you should be able to find it in a scope in the northern hemisphere or soon will be able to.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khurzon
Comets...asteroids...and other..."stuff" out there...
There are ways to stop them;
and ways to steer them...

It would behoove us as a species to keep ever vigilant of anything in "Gods Ocean"...
Espescially since "we" are getting out into it in more and more ways...

How soon before we ourselves can threaten Earth with a Nickle or Bio-Bullet? (Tug)

a debri field might be a perfect space camouflage...

edit on 10-9-2011 by Khurzon because: eta:bio

I already mentioned this once but here it is again - the comet was going to pass us safely by but now, if this extrapolation is correct, then it is gonna pass by really, really, close. It is as if the breakup was intentional to cause the comet to hit earth.

Now, who might want to do that who has the capability to do that?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011

Originally posted by kwell
Everyone is talking about elenin but few talk about the asteroid YU55 that is right behind it. It comes very, very close to earth...so close it appears to make impact. Check out the NASA site and enter the date November 9, 2011.... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... Couldn't it be very possible that the gravitational pull of elenin could change its trajectory? The Bible says we get hit with an asteroid. It also tells us there will be a solar flare that hits the earth before the asteroid. Kind of scary but NASA just put out a public documentary about increasing CME's.

Ok I know very little about comets etc. and I'm assuming everything is normal but Nov 10th just how close will that be and will we see it?

With the calculations in the video it is due to either hit us or pass us by very closely on November 3rd...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
can someone tell me, could elenin be a neutron star???

No - its a comet. However, many people believe it is the harbinger of the Brown Dwarf called Nibiru...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgecrusher26

Originally posted by kwell

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by kwell

Couldn't it be very possible that the gravitational pull of elenin could change its trajectory? The Bible says we get hit with an asteroid. It also tells us there will be a solar flare that hits the earth before the asteroid.

No, the comet does not have enough mass. It sailed blithely past two asteroids on the way in and neither of them seemed to notice. It has been a while since I've read the Bible, but I don't recall seeing the word "asteroid" anywhere. Or solar flare.

Solar flare...Revelation 8:7 .....hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and a third part of the trees were burnt up and all the green grass was burnt up.

This fits a scientific model: As the solar flare hits the cold outer atsmosphere it would produce hail and the fire from the flare would come through. It would kill every living thing in the air...that is where it would be mingled with blood. As it makes its way to the earth it would burn up trees and grass. If you read prior to that in Revelation, the sky is rolled up like a scroll...the earth loses its protective magnetosphere leaving us open to all that follows.

The bible is a fallacy

Damn i wish people would wake up and realize there is as much use as looking in the bible for clues to the end of the world as there is in believing all that tripe the mayans were spewing about 2012.

We get comets all the time, it will break up in our atmosphere and we will see an amazing meteor shower.

but alas when this happens, the next comet will be "the big one" and the one after that, and the one after that.

End of Story

Sorry if i sound like an animal, but i just woke up...

No, the Bible is not a Fallacy.

However, the people who run this world want you to think it is...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
So many people could have saved so much time by simply ignoring anything and everything about this comet that wasn't scientifically determined. All the speculation and rebuttals, arguments and insults could have been avoided. This is in fact a comet. It has in fact broken up, to an extent, and even if it hits us, it's not going to hurt. Anything coming in from space, in general, is going to land in the ocean. Remember that the earth is composed of over 70% water, which is 140 million square miles, give or take.

You were doing so well but some people disagree with the amount of damage it would cause if it hits.

And, I would add a couple of more facts.

It is a fact that ten days after it broke up NASA released new JPL coordinates that show that the comet has lost three days and this change in trajectory can only be satifactorily explained via said breakup.

The only thing that I can think of that would change that would be solar wind...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the LASCO2 video?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join