It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the 6.4 quake (9/9/11) in Vancouver be a foreshock to a mega quake?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I was hiking & camping along the Juan De Fuca trail on Vancouver Island about 150km south of this quake. I was camping on the shore but didn't feel a thing. I wouldn't of heard any tsunami warning and I would'ver been a goner.

We did get evacuated from the tsunami zone when the Japan quake hit earlier this year however.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm in the area now, you may find this page interesting
if you scroll down to the second article to the bottom.
I've been following this site for 2 yrs now, everything is
making sense.
illuminatimatrix.wordpress.com...

Keep in mind this is the illusion. If it happens i want to be in the midst of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Did I capture photographic evidence of the atmospheric affect of electromagnetic radiation from the ground,?

Okay...not trying to be overly dramatic, but this has gotten to be a long thread and I wanted to make sure to get your attention. (and I'm a little excited about it
)

I could post this info in about four to five different threads, or even start a new one but I'm going to start here because this is the most active one and i think the people most interested in the info is hanging around.

Let me start by explaining my proclamation.

On another thread Kdog posted some links to a couple of interesting papers out of Stanford University. The following is the external quote they provided:

Yet, for centuries, and even millennia, people living in seismically active regions have noted premonitory signals. The historical records talk of changes of the water level in wells, of strange weather, of ground-hugging fog, of unusual behavior of animals (both domestic and wild) that seem to feel the approach of a major earthquake. With the advent of modern science and technology the list of premonitory signals has become even longer. Among them are (i) Sporadic emissions of low to ultralowfrequency electromagnetic radiation from the ground (ii) Occasional local magnetic fi eld anomalies reaching a strength of half a percent of the Earth’s main dipole fi eld (iii) Changes in the lower atmosphere that are accompanied by the formation of haze and a reduction of moisture in the air (iv) Large patches, often tens to hundreds of thousands of square kilometers in size, seen in night-time infrared satellite images where the land surface temperature seems to fl uctuate rapidly (v) Passing perturbations in the ionosphere at 90 - 120 km altitude that affect the transmission of radio waves

source

Now. This really interested me, because there has been more talk amongst us here of late about the increase in what seems to be some sort of electrical or odd 'interference' with the seismos. I especially have noticed it around my region lately. Didn't use to see it before. We (puterman and I have discussed it) speculated on whether it was something with the communication network, local interference, something man-made or possibly atmospheric (solar) induced. This paper immediately made me think of this and whether or not it could be what was causing that odd signal. We saw something similar on the Arkansas seismos too.

I also commented on another thread today how last night the weather was quite strange. We have been unseasonably warm (finally) but cold at night since the skies are clear. Last night it was very humid, warmer (around 60) and had a nice layer of ground fog.

Okay...so this brings me to tonight. I ran outside at about 7:05 PM Pacific time to catch some pictures of a VERY full, VERY cool moon. Yes, this is connected because there is a whole bunch of discussion about the moon and it's gravitational affect on the earth and tectonics.

After spending about ten to fifteen minutes I turned to look at the amazing sunset behind me. I had been watching the skies last night and all day today to keep an eye out for any possible atmospheric oddities. (I.e. earthquake clouds, etc.) BUT...it was a completely cloudless day today. As it was tonight. There have been some fires on this half of the state, so I knew it would be a bright sunset, but what I didn't expect was the very odd streaks radiating from the horizon. I quickly took some pictures (I had my mega telephoto lense on for the moon pics, so I couldn't get a wide-angle) and changed around the aperature and settings as much as i could to try and capture the color. Now, anyone who knows anything about cameras and trying to get good pictures of something faint in the sky knows how difficult this is (especially in low light)...BUT, I think I managed to get it well enough so you can see it. Because of my camera settings to account for the low-light, the pics area bit darker than reality. The streaks that I am talking about were very blue in color, against a bright orange/pink sky. These are NOT clouds, are NOT smoke and are NOT shadows. I am looking out towards the ocean, to the NW of Washington State, towards the San Juans and Vancouver island. There are no mountains in the distance to cause this shadowing...the Olympics are well to the South. I have never seen anything like it. Here are several pictures, in order. The lighting is different due to my changing the camera settings to try and get a good pic:

UGH!! new character limit is killing me...I'll have to make another post to finish this..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
continued....

I started taking this pictures at about 7:20 pm

This image I have messed with the contrast to make the streaks stand out more:

(NO....the streak is NOT going around the tree on the left. It is many, many miles above and beyond it)

I played with the tint and color on this to try and make it as close to the true colors/blue as possible:

This last one I am throwing in to let you see how long it stayed. This pics are all time-stamped if you know how to look that up. it was almost totally dark and it was still there. These streaks seemed stationary....not a part of the sunset, but rather illuminated, or back-lit by the dramatic colors of the sunset:

(it was 7:29 pm now)

As soon as I got inside, I went and re-freshed my computer screen...not really expecting to see anything. I was a bit shocked to see this:

These are very similar to the other spikes I was talking about. The ones on the screen had been from the previous ten minutes...while I was outside taking the pictures. The seismograph in GEE that this is a screenshot of is pretty much in the middle of my location and that of the 6.4 quake off Vancouver Island...right where I was facing while taking said pictures. Here is a map I made to give you a point of reference:

So do you see where i am going with this? I may be WAAAYYY off base, and Puterman, tear me apart if you care too...I can take it.
But what if?????

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Beautiful pictures, WC!

Reading your post puts me in mind of a message I sent you a few minutes ago, please check your U2U!

If the shadows were caused by clouds (or any other atmospheric anomaly for that matter) I would think that they would move as the sun set, however, it is quite clear that they are not moving. This indicates to me that they are stationary in the sky rather than some sort of shadow-like phenomena.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
EARTHQUAKE UPDATE AS THESE WORDS ARE WRITTEN AND MY BUILDING IS SHAKING!
September 9, 2011 – 09/09/11 – 6.7 mag EQ – Vancouver Island
Israel Embassy Wall In Cairo Torn Down

Israel Embassy Wall In Cairo Being Torn Down By Protestors @ this very moment, 1:45 PM Pacific Time, September 9, 2011
At the very same moment Vancouver Island just experienced a 6.7 Mag EQ./downgraded to a 6.4, of which the writer felt the buildings shake for approximately 10 seconds.
6.4=64 = 8×8 the FLOOD!

Today’s date is 9/9/11 – an obvious bit of 9-11 celebration going on, as the Lion King, Lincoln, the Sphinx of Egypt, moves the sacrifice into the Temple Mount – The 11 WESTERN STATES – through the LIONS GATE at the Vancouver / Vancouver Island region, and the LIONS PEAKS symbolized by the LIONS GATE BRIDGE.

The west coast of North America is the EASTERN WALL OF OLD JERUSALEM, as it is, that the Pacific Ocean is the Old City of Jerusalem. The Lions Gate is just to the north of The GOLDEN GATE on the Eastern Wall, and in like manner, the Lions Gate Bridge is just to the north of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.

What just occurred in Cairo Egypt with the ISRAELI EMBASSY WALL WAS BEING TORN DOWN, directly relates to the earthquake which just occurred on Vancouver Island, the WALL OF THE PACIFIC OCEAN BEING CHIPPED AWAY AT, to allow the sacrifice to enter OREGON, (the WTC North Tower) and ARIZONA, (the WTC South Tower), through the GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE of San Francisco, at some time in the illusory future.

== PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE REPORT ==

tRegion: VANCOUVER ISLAND, CANADA REGION
Geographic coordinates: 49.474N, 126.974W
Magnitude: 6.4 Mw
Depth: 23 km
Universal Time (UTC): 9 Sep 2011 19:41:35
Time near the Epicenter: 9 Sep 2011 12:41:35
Local standard time in your area: 9 Sep 2011 11:41:35

Location with respect to nearby cities:
138 km (86 miles) WSW (246 degrees) of Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
140 km (87 miles) SSE (164 degrees) of Port Hardy, BC, Canada
212 km (132 miles) NW (306 degrees) of Neah Bay, WA
279 km (173 miles) W (276 degrees) of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

—————————-

The coordinates suggest the number 7, perfection and completion, as well as 11, Death, and 5, Sacrifice.

49.47N / 126.97 = 49N / 127W
49 = 7×7 suggesting the WASHING-STONE
and 127 = 7 on the 11th clockface = 7×1= 77 WASHING-STONE DC (or DE, THE SEA).
49 coincides with 1 on the 5th clockface.
The Depth of the EQ was 23 km = 11 on the 2nd clockface
11×2 = 22
ELENIN – ELEVEN-NIVE 9-11 Suggestion

Ele-Nin Come-t is suggesting 9-11 all over the place! Suggesting in true hypnotic fashion on this 9/9/11 day, that the T (SACRIFICE) must COME! Elenin was suggested to reach its closest encounter with the sun (perihelion) around September 11, and here we go, getting shaken by a decent size earthquake at exactly the same latitude as the Lions Peaks, where there were just recently occurring, to smaller quakes, on the same day as the Final Destination 5 movie was being released. In that movie, he LIONS GATE BRIDGE was seen collapsing.
illuminatimatrix.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

While the info is interesting, could you please put the text in external quote format? It makes it a bit misleading as if you are writing it and the quake just happened. (to the casual reader it is confusing)

Thank you!

@JadedAndCynical.....I just sent you back a u2u as you were writing .

You are correct that the color in the sky was stationary. I wish I had my wide angle lense with me. I had walked quite a ways down my street (my neighbors have gotten used to seeing me run down the street in various stages of dress with camera in hand...
) and didnt have time to go back for it. The streaks covered more of the sky than what i could capture with my big lense.

I wanted to post multiple pics to show how stationary it was. It was NOT part of the sunset. It looked as if it began above the horizon...you can see the leading edge of it in the pics, as if it started at a certain height in the atmosphere. The streaks were probably over a hundred miles long....hard to tell exactly, but they were on a grand scale....I am really hoping someone else from this area saw it too.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
So is it possible I could have caught the auroras during the day???

Link to local article

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
So is it possible I could have caught the auroras during the day???

Link to local article

I don't know, never having seen them (definitely on my bucket list) I couldn't tell you. Don't the aurora move a bit? I know it wouldn't be fast, but enough so that you should see a difference in them between shots unless you're taking them quickly in succession.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hey Westcoast! You know I love your threads, as I always say
, i've just been sitting back since this one started because, honestly I was too lazy to log onto ATS from my iPhone ;p. BUT - i've just seen your photos - and they look just like some ones I took earlier in the year! I'll try and post them now.. We were at a place on the bay in Brisbane called Shorncliffe, I like to play around with my DSLR so we rocked up to take some sunset shots and the sun was setting on the opposite side to where these rays of light looked like they were coming from. It didn't look like sun rays, it just looked like a dark line of sky, two of them. It was there the entire time we were there and it didn't move or change direction. Was very odd! I'm nowhere near low or high enough to view auroras, we don't get EQ's or anything like that, so I'm stumped! Was taken on 30th April this year.

Shorncliffe pier. by bridiexo, on Flickr

I'll add, like you said - it was really faint in the sky, and I had to play with settings to get it to look as dark as it does in the above photo.
edit on 11/9/2011 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

VERY similar.

Hmmm.....have to check out the date for that area for quakes.
edit on 11-9-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Out of curiosity, I just checked Geoscience Australia - nada. Closest ones were a 2.4 in Gladstone here but that was on the 19/4 & Gladstone is about 520km (323 miles)
and the other was a 3.1 in Bowen, here but this one was on the 5th of May and even further away at 1200km (745miles)

So that theory for my weird sky lines is busted!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I am from canmore Alberta and i have been expecting a massive earth quake for the last 5 years..... i am not a scientist or a fortune teller ... its just seems right that we would get #ty weather since we are on the fault line and we are due for a super earthquake of fires in the area... listen .... things are just meant to be and that is it.... i dont really believe in global warming.... more in the earth getting warmer.... i know i sound crazy but to me it make more sense that the sun is warming up since it has more impact in general.... that does not mean to # up the earth just that maybe its the sun getting warmer... the earth is run by antibodies named human that are there for the sole reason to save the earth or destroy it.... just like antibodies...it can save us or destroy us.... we are something the dinosaurs were not... a living thinking species that is as smart as it wants itself to be...... we are not a virus... we are an antivirus... we can save the earth or destroy it!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Here's something I caught which is sort of similar (sharp lines in clouds).....I also took some pics a few days ago where everything had a blue tint. I started a thread about it because I couldn't figure out what made them blue, when I never changed the camera settings. The odd clouds in the video happened just after I heard that roaring noise from my other thread (about 20 minutes later). The skies were completely clear right before that!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I absolutely love your threads wc.
They are always filled with an abundance of very good advice and information that is real.

On seeing your above pictures (very beautiful) it reminded me of the pictures i took the other day. I think it was around Tuesday/Wednesday.

Anyway here are my pictures, I've had to mess with the colour abit so you can see the "lines"
I have seen skies like this before, but never in this way. The sky was very orange/red and made the landscape look orange too.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Definitely earthquake clouds in that heavily earthquake infested area of southern Britain.

No, I believe all of these are shadows. You get this effect when the sun is low, or below the horizon and shining 'up' through clouds that you may not even be able to see.

We see this here on the odd few days in the year that we actually have a sun set

Currently I can't see more than about 200 yds from the house as we enjoy the after effects of Irene, Jose et al and await the joys of Katia on Monday. This is called an Irish Summer.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There was a 4.4 earthquake in west TEXAS while ATS was shutdown...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here is a site I just found...it's new to me anyway. Just wanted to share for those who don't know of it.

hewsweb.org...#
edit on 9/11/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Is there a tall hill in that direction? I ask because I've seen that before, I think It's due to the setting sun is casting shadows from trees on the clouds.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I know, its always rocking here

I just thought i would share them, I was more interested in the red/orange colour of the sky

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join