It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Missing After Southwest Power Loss?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So I have a cousin who lives in San Diego. He was affected by the power loss for about half a day or so; he's got some bad food, but it's no big deal.

What's freaking him out is that he's noticing a lot of people seem to be missing. He's telling me that his usually busy neighborhood is eerily quiet, he's seen about half the number of people walking the streets, and even traffic seems to have lessened.

It could just be one of those things, but I was wondering if anybody else was experiencing the same thing.
edit on 9-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

Edit: The power has been back on for a while now.
edit on 9-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I would say that peoples alarms are probably not working and no one wants to leave there house unprotected. Also why leave your house if the power is out like whats there to do?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is the power still out? If so, people are probably not going to their jobs and businesses are closed- thus resulting in fewer commuters which would mean less traffic.....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
These power outages show how crippled we all are without the government to take care of us. Sigh*

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Although I live in Los Angeles County and was not affected by the power outage things are the same ol' same ol'. Same lousy @$$ traffic especially on the 5 south heading towards the San Diego area. It's not quiet up here

Maybe folks in that area are just staying at home. I heard lots of businesses were closed due to the outage.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

They could have gone somewhere to stay while the power was out? Maybe it's been back on for awhile but maybe the people just felt like staying for awhile where ever they went during the outage. Maybe they just thought after all the stress they needed a vacation? Heck, I would. I bet a lot of them will return in the following days.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think something like would be on the news. There would be people flooding the police department with missing persons reports. Don't you think. Please post again to update us on the situation.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyinawareness

you nailed it man. Great points. I know I wouldn't bother going anywhere if there was a power outage like that here. Sure,I might just go for a walk or something,but that's about it.

top topics

join