It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ghost in a Dream with a 9/11 Twist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
A decade ago, I had a very vivid dream one night where my father came to visit me. At the time, he had been dead for four and a half years. It wasn't the first time I had dreamed of him, but this dream was different than usual.

My father died in the hospital following complications from surgery and a 3 day coma. Ordinarily when I dreamed about him, I would see him in a weakened state. I would be surprised that he was somehow alive, but cognizant of the fact that he was extremely frail and that his health was hanging by a thread.

This dream was different. My father came to me as my normal, healthy looking Dad. He and I were sitting together in the back of my '89 Taurus, an old car of his that he had given me a few weeks before his death. In this dream, I was aware that my father was dead, but there were no sunny reunions, and no time for small talk. In short, my father was distraught.

My father looked on me with a mournful expression and began to say repeatedly, "God won't listen to me." He never explained what he was talking about. I remember thinking, even inside of the dream, that somehow my Dad was stuck in a kind of limbo and couldn't convince God to let him into heaven.

As strange as the dream was, the way that I woke up was equally if not more strange. I actually woke myself praying for God to listen to my Dad. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't spent my life as a very prayerful man. And I can absolutely say that I have never before or since woken myself from a dream immersed in prayer. It was eerie.

So the dream was strange enough in and of itself, and maybe I would have just shaken it off, except for one other detail. The morning that I woke myself praying for God to listen to my Dad was September 11th, 2001.

I have no way of knowing if all of this means anything. Maybe this was all some elaborate coincidence. Maybe the events of that day made the dream seem more significant that it really was. But I can't help thinking that my Dad visited my dreams that night to try to tell me something. And I can't help thinking that my deceased father was actively praying to God to stop 9/11, and God didn't listen.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
One of the reasons I posted this story was that I was curious if others had supernatural experiences associated with 9/11. I know of another lady who had a dream of her dead father dressed all in white in a field with a crashed airplane a couple of days before 9/11. Anyone?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing, and I think its too bad noone has commented so far with a similar experience. I find it to be fascinating and i agree with your interpretation. Peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by notquitesure

I haven't had any similar experiences, but I hope someone posts with one. I find this very interesting.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was kind of surprised that there weren't more responses, but I'm new to the board, so maybe people just overlooked it. The event obviously has had a large impact on my psyche, and I appreciate those who have responded.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Everybody wants a slice of this 9-11 celebration action eh.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

Not me, just sharing a personal experience. Would have posted it sooner but I only went over the 20 post count the other day. It was important enough to me to make it my first thread, and the fact that the 9/11 anniversary is near is coincidental.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i had a dream about a year ago. where they built some giant 9/11 memorial tower, and then at some point a plane crashed into it, anyone got anything on that

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Seen as your asking ......

I was working nights 10 yrs ago and the week running up to 9/11, I had three dreams on three consecutive afternoons featuring planes. The first was watching a plane come down but it was quite far off in the distance.
The second dream was similar but almost like I had zoomed in on the plane and it was now right overhead with buildings in the distance. The final dream was like something out of an action film, tall buildings, planes everywhere and people running all over the place.
In each dream there was a sense of impending..... something, not good but with no idea why.

The only person I told about the dreams was my then boyfriend. I told him about the dreams as I had them so we both raised an eyebrow 2 days later watching the news footage.

To me they felt related to real events but who knows. I dream a lot and most of them follow a similar scenery/theme if you know what i mean. These dreams were unusual for me, never had anything like that since

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

Interesting. I remember reading somewhere about shared experience of sinking Titanic dreams prior to its sinking. On the morning of 9/11 when I woke up I was a little weirded out, but I can't recall if I told anyone about my dream right away. I remember looking at my wife in the bathroom getting ready though and saying, "It's emergency day. You know, 911." Something was definitely in the air.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by notquitesure

I only woke up to go to the loo that afternoon and as I passed the lounge my boyfriend and his best mate called me in and said you've got to see this.
I'd been asleep for a few hours, still groggy and I could'nt quite get my head around the fact that they were watching the news not a film, thats when we started recalling my previous dreams.
For me the most vivid thing I remember that day was the conversation the three of us had then. We all felt that this was a very real and horrific event however the reasons we were being given felt fake.
To this day nothing has surfaced to make us change our minds.

new topics

top topics

join