It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS Admits USA, Japan, & Canada Have Caused Multiple Earthquakes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

from above USGS article:

" People can cause earthquakes.
PARTIALLY FACT: Earthquakes induced by human activity have been documented in a few locations in the United States, Japan, and Canada. The cause was injection of fluids into deep wells for waste disposal and secondary recovery of oil, and the filling of large reservoirs for water supplies. Most of these earthquakes were minor. Deep mining can cause small to moderate quakes and nuclear testing has caused small earthquakes in the immediate area surrounding the test site, but other human activities have not been shown to trigger subsequent earthquakes. Earthquakes are part of a global tectonic process that generally occurs well beyond the influence or control of humans. The focus (point of origin) of an earthquake is typically tens to hundreds of miles underground, and the scale and force necessary to produce earthquakes are well beyond our daily lives. "

notice USGS used PARTIALLY in caps next to FACT, the same way NASA uses WHIMPY when dismissing comets of interest that pass through our inner solar system.

also, something is either Fact or not. it can be partially true, but not partially fact. then again, we all know by now, USGS and NASA play with their data and words often.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is called fracking... its a major environment killer... and also introduces flammable water into peoples homes...

Pretty good informative lyrics here... Enjoy
edit on 9-9-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

something is either Fact or not. it can be partially true, but not partially fact.

hahaha!! I almost missed that.

Where I live, this marcellus shale stuff is all the rage. people fall into two categories, either: DRILL! WE WANT JOBS! or, go away, you'll ruin our water. Mostly they want the jobs. Well, some people on here have speculated and been ridiculed for suggesting this fracking could cause quakes. It always seemed like common sense to me - drill a bunch of holes and extract something from underground, something must fill that empty space. I know, they pump water to replace it.....still, Idk enough about the process, drilling never interested me. Interesting to hear this straight from USGS though.

join