It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
While visiting our local Agricultural University a few weeks ago a friend captured some pics of what she describes as "Sheep with the head of a cow" She sent the pics to me and I have to agree they look weird, although maybe in other parts of the world they are known.

These sheep are about 3 foot tall, very muscly and look quite heavy. The uni is well known for its breeding programmes and edge of technology research.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df5799a56a0d.jpg[/atsimg]

Go on solve my curiosity....?

edit on 9-9-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Some good cgi or two sheep with cow heads would be my guesses

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They look like Ryeland Sheep.

Developed in the Southern part of Herefordshire, these small, polled sheep are popular around the world. One of the oldest sheep breeds in the UK, history books suggest that monks from Herefordshire in the 12th century used to trade in Ryeland wool. Despite the impressive history, Ryeland remain in danger as a rare breed – although the breed does seem to be growing again. Wool is of the highest quality, as is Ryeland lamb, which can sell for a premium. Interestingly enough, this breed have previous in terms of grazing on rye land.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Thank you, much appreciated , although I dont think small could be associated with them
as regards CGI, whoever did it was busy because she sent me 4 pics of them all diffirent

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
While visiting our local Agricultural University a few weeks ago a friend captured some pics of what she describes as "Sheep with the head of a cow" She sent the pics to me and I have to agree they look weird, although maybe in other parts of the world they are known.

These sheep are about 3 foot tall, very muscly and look quite heavy. The uni is well known for its breeding programmes and edge of technology research.

Its called Genetic Engineering...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
They look like Ryeland Sheep.

Developed in the Southern part of Herefordshire, these small, polled sheep are popular around the world. One of the oldest sheep breeds in the UK, history books suggest that monks from Herefordshire in the 12th century used to trade in Ryeland wool. Despite the impressive history, Ryeland remain in danger as a rare breed – although the breed does seem to be growing again. Wool is of the highest quality, as is Ryeland lamb, which can sell for a premium. Interestingly enough, this breed have previous in terms of grazing on rye land.

Yup, they looks like shaven Ryeland sheeps.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The left sheep is a male, that explain the bigger head: Look whats hanging between the rear legs to prove my theory.
Or is a typical example of a "sheeple".....

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is something that is just gettting big. In my area (northeast america) I seen sheep that had heads just like these ones. I go through the country side often and last week was the first time i have seen this.

I guess this science is getting popular.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Atzil321

Thank you, much appreciated , although I dont think small could be associated with them
as regards CGI, whoever did it was busy because she sent me 4 pics of them all diffirent

Dont worry about these bieng CGI. I witnessed a case of this with my own eyes.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Wow, those are some curious looking critters... wool sweaters and ribeye steaks all on the same hoof!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
they look like they could well be Beltex sheep to me.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4054dd9013e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Beltex is a medium sized sheep, long in the body. It is wedge-shaped from a narrow shoulder to a distinctive large, double-muscled hindquarter. The head is generally white in colour but may have black, blue or brown shadings or patches. The fore face is short and thick. The fleece is tight, dense of medium staple length. Average male bodyweight 95kg.
source

Beltex sheep society

Not the prettiest sheep in the world IMO

edit on 10/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
They remind me a little of our Dorper sheer. They naturally shed their wool so there is no need to shear them.

Handy if you only have a couple!

www.flickr.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ryeland sheep, my grandfather used to have some. Tough little blighters too!

top topics

join