It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zapping the brain with magnets makes it IMPOSSIBLE to lie, claim scientists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Zapping the brain with magnets makes it IMPOSSIBLE to lie, claim scientists

www.dailymail.co.uk

If truth be told, magnetic interference with the brain makes it impossible to lie. At least, that’s what a group of Estonian researchers are claiming.

They found that when magnets were applied to either the right or left side of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, found directly behind your forehead, it made you lie or tell the truth, depending on which side was stimulated.

Let me get this straight. they cut some guys head open and place magnets in his brain while he's awake and ask him if he's lying or not.. Er... I'd make stuff up too so they can have their damned results so they can get out of my head!
edit on 10-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: correction

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by Human_Alien

It doesnt really matter if you can lie or not, there is always a way to evade the truth.

Not if and when we become telepathic. Doesn't the military have something (that they're admitting to anyway) that reads ones mind? I do believe so.

I can really picture the day when we won't need to lie anymore. We only lie when we're desperate and do something wrong. Or we lie due to vanity. Or we lie due to pressure (like cheating on a test) etc.
There are reasons why people lie. We weren't born to lie. Lying comes as the result of society (or psychosis)

I don't know, maybe I'm a wishful dreamer.

Yes. Even if we become telepathic people will still be able to hide what they are thinking and lie. Telepathy also allows you to protect your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Cut open ones head? Is that how you think this supposedly works? (I hope you were kidding)

But in case you weren't; only the government tortures people. Science tries to help!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Yes. Even if we become telepathic people will still be able to hide what they are thinking and lie. Telepathy also allows you to protect your thoughts.

How do you know this or..........is this JUST your opinion? Yes, that's what I thought.

I always felt once we become telepathic, our species will automatically become gentle Beings. That's just my feeling because unlike some.....I wouldn't KNOW what it's like to be amongst telepathic people. (however I do feel I was abducted so.....I have a little bit of quasi-questionable experience)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by Human_Alien

It doesnt really matter if you can lie or not, there is always a way to evade the truth.

I don't know if it's just me but I have a problem when people declare something with such aver when they would otherwise have no idea of knowing.

Care to enlighten me and elaborate a little? I'm curious how you can say something so emphatically like that.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's my "tin foil hat", tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

You know how they always made fun of people using tin foil hats? Strange they would come up with that because I never seen a "real" crazy person wearing one.

Perhaps those tin foil hats might be useful.

(If the MSM is reporting this now, the military had to have had this for at least a decade if not longer)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Now, ya see? This thread, is why I always wear a tinfoil hat.

Vindication from the ridiculers! Yesss!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

How do you know this or..........is this JUST your opinion? Yes, that's what I thought.

I always felt once we become telepathic, our species will automatically become gentle Beings. That's just my feeling because unlike some.....I wouldn't KNOW what it's like to be amongst telepathic people. (however I do feel I was abducted so.....I have a little bit of quasi-questionable experience)

No. It's not my opinion. It's logic. Just because someone has the ability to read your mind doesn't mean you can't control what they get to read. You could think of just what he wants to hear yet do the total opposite.

For example you don't have to think of punching someone to punch someone. You can do that with a blank mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No. It's not my opinion. It's logic. Just because someone has the ability to read your mind doesn't mean you can't control what they get to read. You could think of just what he wants to hear yet do the total opposite.

For example you don't have to think of punching someone to punch someone. You can do that with a blank mind.

The beauty of telepathy is the hole mind is read simultaneously.

It's like hearing. You can't just single out a bird chirping and disregard a gun shot!
Same analogy with vision Can't see the forest without seeing the trees.

Telepathy (I believe) is our 6th sense. Our third eye, if you will.
It can't be selective. It's entire.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The title is misleading. the article doesn't claim stimulation of magnets make it impossible to lie, only that generally those who were stimulated the right way lied less on average than being stimulated in other ways.

They then had two options: to lie about what colour their disks were, or tell the truth.

Remarkably, those stimulated on the left side fibbed a great deal more, those on the right showed much more honesty.

Scientists last year found that magnets can also be used to disrupt the brain’s ‘moral compass’.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The title is misleading.

There is nothing misleading about a 'claim'.
I can claim you're an antagonistic poster. Doesn't mean I'm misleading. Just means I'm merely claiming that.

Lighten up.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Maybe this is what the 2012 prediction is all about when people claim its a pole shift.

A sudden massive global magnetic shift possibly affecting our brains and stopping the ability for many to lie. Such a scenario could be disastrous for our governments if they're hiding crimes/conspiracies from us.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I sense a sequel.. Liar, Liar : Reloaded

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I love the 'moral compass' theory! Too bad so many are broken though.

But......doesn't HAARP use some sort of electromagnetic energy that bounces off Earth that, eventually reaches the ionosphere?

So?...what happens while en-route?

What if....it's affecting us and that's why so many are on edge lately?

I know magnets have powerful properties (didn't realize the ramifications on the brain though) but I wonder if HAARP, whether intentional or not, may be affecting all of us on some level.

If a region of our brain reacts to a small zap then what the hell could HAARP be doing to us? I didn't mean to segue off topic but it really got me thinking.

In another thread I was asked to prove HAARP exists. Well you can imagine my fright...I am positive it does,, BUT. So I pose the same question to you...and for the mean time I will make a lead lined hat...Because I want to have the option of Lying just to save my butt.
edit on 13-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

There's never been any discrepancy whether HAARP exists. It's military (Army?)
Their question of intent is what's in discrepancy.

Personally for me?.....although I haven't quite figured it out (nor have the brain power to do so) I believe there's a direct correlation to HAARP and these chem-trails. Or non-contrails that are painting our skies. Sometimes. But not always. But when it happens, it's relentless.

I think (some of?) these planes are emitting something metallic or magnetic in origin that HAARPs' electromagnetic waves are able to find and react to. But far from that?..... I just don't know.

It's just very uncanny the timing of both advents.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by mikeybiznaz

There's never been any discrepancy whether HAARP exists. It's military (Army?)
Their question of intent is what's in discrepancy.

Personally for me?.....although I haven't quite figured it out (nor have the brain power to do so) I believe there's a direct correlation to HAARP and these chem-trails. Or non-contrails that are painting our skies. Sometimes. But not always. But when it happens, it's relentless.

I think (some of?) these planes are emitting something metallic or magnetic in origin that HAARPs' electromagnetic waves are able to find and react to. But far from that?..... I just don't know.

It's just very uncanny the timing of both advents.

good answer I believe those reasons credible ...bouncing radio freqs as a military advantage

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join