It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians with mental illnesses denied U.S. entry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

More than a dozen Canadians have told the Psychiatric Patient Advocate Office in Toronto within the past year that they were blocked from entering the United States after their records of mental illness were shared with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Link

Oh for the love of God! Don't profile middle-eastern young men with C4 stapped to their privates, but those darn Canadians?
Stop. Right. There.

Personally, the way America is going, you'd have to be nuts to want to visit.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I've been to Wash. St. Oregon. Cali. Migh. NY State and Maine. Some damn fine people. I'll be back when I get my passport. That pisses me off. Never needed one before. Seems related to me. Btw, who DOESN'T have a mental illness? Anorexia. Alcoholism. Narcissism. AnotheroneImmakingupism. There are so many
"isms" today. We just thank you for keeping Pam Anderson and Celine Dion. Now THAT'S friendship.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The TSA gropes babies, grandmothers, and college co-eds.
At the border we deny Canadians who've had issues.

I feel so fracking safe!

Just wondering, how many Canadians have bombed/shot Americans?

Must have been alot!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is so totally ludicrous, okay, do they not know how hypocritical this is right now? Let in 30 million mexicans with lice, disease, mental illness including pedophilia, and frigging drugs/ drug cartel mexicans etc etc... this is totally insanely ass backwards, it's the drug lords and pedophiles and disease ridden mexicans we should be stopping at the BORDER!!!!

Un-freakingbeleiveable!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If Canada did the same thing, American tourism would shrink to nothing.

On behalf of American stupidity, I would like to apologise.
(but your bacon still scares me)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Historically? You've got to go back 200 years. 1812 War. The Fenian raids. Hey, we made up though. We give you comedians and hockey players. We get the NFL. Works for me.

Side note: If it's important we'll take Pammy back. You're keeping Celine though.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Point.
How mny Canadians have killed an American while driving drunk with no license?

Off the top of my head?

Ummm, none.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The TSA gropes babies, grandmothers, and college co-eds.
At the border we deny Canadians who've had issues.

I feel so fracking safe!

Must have been alot!

Not to mention that at least one person dies per day thanks to the Mexican drug lords coming here!!!! Jeebus h. I tell you this country is going to hell in a hand basket they're handing it over to the real threats and picking on the wrong people!!!!!!!!!UGH it pisses me off to no end!!!!

edit on 9-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Historically? You've got to go back 200 years. 1812 War. The Fenian raids. Hey, we made up though. We give you comedians and hockey players. We get the NFL. Works for me.

Side note: If it's important we'll take Pammy back. You're keeping Celine though.

Great, we give Madonna to the Brits and get Celine?
*sigh*
Okay, but we get to keep Elisha Cuthbert

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The only Canadian drugs I've ever done was Molsons and Moosehead.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Point.
How mny Canadians have killed an American while driving drunk with no license?

Off the top of my head?

Ummm, none.

Exactly, but I know where this is going, you see AmeriKKKA has always got an ulterior motive, did you see the thread on the job seekers from the US going to Canada applying for work Visas? Maybe the motive is to tick off Canadians so AmeriKKKans can't find jobs there either, because we won't except the mentally ill Canadians from Canada? Ever thought of that? They want us to be outcast by Canada by outcasting those from where we would go to escape this idiotic country.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

HEY! That sounds like a conspiracy.

And one I have no doubt is true.Why leave the Peoples Republic and go to a country that hates you because we won't let people with past issues visit?

Please oh please oh please Canada, do the same thing!
Pleeeeeeeze!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is the most asinine thing I have heard today. Just when you think you have heard it all, something like this pops up. Our southern border is wide open, not only letting in millions of illegal Mexicans, but people from all over the world, including the Middle East, but the people in DC dont seem to care about this.

I have always seen the Canadians as, how do I put it, more like Americans than anybody else in the world. This story is so totally ludicrous.

To all our Canadian friends: Let me also apologize for the ignorance of our leaders. Maybe someday soon we can clean up the White House and stop this insanity.

But hey, if you really want to come here, just take a boat south, and come through the southern border, then you will have no problems...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

what? your scared or maple bacon? once u go bac u dont go back. .

I have met alot of you yanks over the years, and despite the stereo type I always found you folks just like we would be cooped up in larger areas.

The only thing that has kept me from exploring your nation is the exessive entry costs, Im hours away on the east coast. Sucks when devision has to be so harsh.

As a Canadien I have often thought that a blending of our two nations ideals would have been closer to the trurh.

Shame it seems "our" , "land of the free" seems to be something of the past as well. .

peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Treespeaker
reply to post by beezzer

what? your scared or maple bacon? once u go bac u dont go back. .

I have met alot of you yanks over the years, and despite the stereo type I always found you folks just like we would be cooped up in larger areas.

The only thing that has kept me from exploring your nation is the exessive entry costs, Im hours away on the east coast. Sucks when devision has to be so harsh.

As a Canadien I have often thought that a blending of our two nations ideals would have been closer to the trurh.

Shame it seems "our" , "land of the free" seems to be something of the past as well. .

peace.

Bacon comes in strips. Slabs, smoked, or sugared.
Wen it's round it puts me in a seizure.

I love your country. My mother is British, my dad from Montana. Canada was a great equalizer for us when we vacationed.

Don't worry. Elections are next year. We'll get this mess straightened out.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

as an end-user of a USA mental health care system i think this treatment of would-be Canadian tourists is very insulting and rude.

Canadian citizens should be viewed as our (America's) friends. we have millions of illegal aliens in the USA that our Governments don't do a damn thing about. a few of those illegals are involved in crimes every day of the week, some more serious than others. it is not unusual to read about rapists and murderers fleeing our borders to the safety of the hell-holes they came from, escaping justice while our victimized citizens lives are forever altered. what an incredible double-standard we have.

i hope the professionals and advocates for Canadian people with mental illness fill 100 school buses and come spend a month in Washington DC. properly attired, one wouldn't be able to tell them apart from our senators and congress. Lord knows the mentally ill of Canada could run this country more well than the current crop of mis-managers at the helm.

sadly, i'm really not surprised to read of this. my 90 year old MIL, a third generation American, wife/mother/grandmother and great-grandmother of American veterans, gets put through the hoops at Newark Intl Airport when going to visit her daughter down South. ATS views her as a threat, no doubt.

anyone with common sense knows the truth: the men & women working for the military, law enforcement and especially the alphabet agencies have their eyes and ears on the pulse. they know very well where the real no-goodski's are and they aren't about to let them get away with zilch. the USA is well protected. the rest of this nonsense is show-boating and a cheap attempt to instill fear in the American public psyche. shame on the sons of bitches who put such shenanigans into action.

i'll rest easy knowing that sooner or later all these sick twisted suits and ties that pull the marionette strings above America's fat head will one day have to stand before the Lord and answer for their tomfoolery. every dog has their day, woof woof.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
i hope the professionals and advocates for Canadian people with mental illness fill 100 school buses and come spend a month in Washington DC. properly attired, one wouldn't be able to tell them apart from our senators and congress. Lord knows the mentally ill of Canada could run this country more well than the current crop of mis-managers at the helm.

Well said!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Truth be told, those Canucks were part of a conspiracy to steal the Stanley Cup from Da Broons. Sorry boys, you'll have to wait till next year. Maybe.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
We got enough mentally challenged
people in the USA. Do we really need more?
I did not think so.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I live on the other side of the border, NY, and we visited Canada often. Going out to eat, Upper Canada Village, and many other wonderful places with great people. One summer my young son was in Hockey camp and I took him across the border every day and spent the rest of the day having a wonderful personal time.

We also regret the current restrictions about crossing the border. It's almost like cutting off near relatives.

Mahree

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join