It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound in the sky. What is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have heard it too. Sounds to me like a train.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. Please post your opinion about the information in your post as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on the subject.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 9/9/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Seanwalsh

Wow.

That has to be one of the most minimal OP's that I have ever seen on ATS.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Okay. Don't break the keys on the keyboard though.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dude, that was short and simple, may I ask you what you're hearing ?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i'm in england at the moment and i hear a sound of a constant train all the time... its more easy when its night like now. every day the same sound far away.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Dannijca because: complete

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Probably a plane. We started using then 100 years ago, but in remote areas they may still surprise folk.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seanwalsh
I have heard it too. Sounds to me like a train.

It is the start of the Trumpet Blast of the Destroyer :

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dannijca
i'm in england at the moment and i hear a sound of a constant train all the time... its more easy when its night like now. every day the same sound far away.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Dannijca because: complete

Oh great-- now we are going to check tonight to see if those are actually trains that have been clunking and ramming for the past 2 nights, like it sounds like.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dannijca

I can't tell if your post is tongue in cheek, but what the heck, I'll reply. At night I can hear the whistle of one miles away from here, but only under certain atmospheric conditions. It is fascinating how the atmosphere can shift and conduct sound. I've read up on ducting and have gotten fairly good at determining when the extended aircraft rumbles I hear are the result of ducting. That in itself is an interesting phenomena to observe, since I've never lived anywhere where I could experience it until now. Still, there is "the rumble" that I have heard a few times that I've never figured out and it remains a mystery as to the source and cause.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am in NW PA, and the past three nights I have been hearing the sound of a distant train (or helicopter that sounds as though it is stationary) FOR HOURS. It's been bugging me. I CLEARLY know what sounds trains and helicopters make, and how often they typically last... This sound, whatever it is, lasts through the night. I don't recall hearing it during the day - but maybe because I tune it out during that time. I definitely think it's weird... or maybe nothing, who knows.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
alright, you win...

top topics

join