It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Rioters tear down Israeli Embassy Wall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That wasnt very nice, or even justified.

I guess Egypt is letting Israel know what it thinkers of her, and intends to later on do with her. I guess a prenump ie; a signed agreement, was never enough for Israel to get this biblical nemesis to leave her alone.

Egypt got Sinai, and now it looks as if they intend on taking the rest of it, or "liberating" it, from the "occupying zionists".

Excerpt from the CNN article

Hundreds of protesters in Cairo on Friday were tearing down a newly built wall around the building that houses the Israeli Embassy, a show of political rage on another tense day in Egypt's capital.

CNN saw soldiers and police stand by as demonstrators tried to destroy the wall, built for the high-rise building's protection.

CNN Link

edit on 9-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So it begins...

Lawdy...Haaaalp!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
didnt the diplomats leave the embassy 2 weeks ago ?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Maybe they consider it pay back for supporting Mubarak for the past thirty years. When your puppet dictator gets kicked out you should expect some kind of action from the people.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is the most convoluted story I seen in ages dreamed up in America from the ME.

Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said about 3,000 protesters have torn the protection wall but no attempt was made to break into the building. The offices were empty because it is the weekend in Egypt.

An Egyptian commander at the scene of the Israeli Embassy told CNN that security has been ordered to avoid confrontations with protesters.

Six trucks of anti-riot police were parked in a side street. Ambulances, armored vehicles and police vans were nearby as well.

There have been no reported injuries.

Police guarded the entrance to the building, which houses the embassy on the 12th floor and private dwellings on other floors.
The commander said he does not believe there are any embassy staff currently in the office.

I know it's a "file picture" with those dangerous people with paint brushes and all but don't you think that at least one person could have gotten a pic of these protesters actually doing something remotely like what the article said? Something stinks here and it isn't yesterdays fish.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And so why arent they attacking the American, British, French, German etc embassies that also supported Mubarak? Especially the American.

Yea. That explanation doesnt make so much sense.

Its just good old fashioned Jew hatred for most Egyptians. Its existence in this part of the world since ancient times has been constant. You got the Alexandrian pogrom of the 1st century BCE, and then you got Islams sordid history of persecuting the Jew at different periods in its history. There have been many pogroms, and infact, in the Egyptian Arabic lexicon, its common to call Jews "Kaleb Yahud" - "Jew dog", as in, Jews are dhimmi - subclass citizens.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Whats so convoluted???

They wanted to send a message. Its called fear tactics, and making a lasting impression for you enemy to imbibe.

This sort of stuff doesnt make sense in a common mob way of thinking, but clearly this wasnt a common mob. This seemed to be a mob with a mission, and hence the police and military let them break the one thing protecting the Israeli Embassy from the masses.

A wall is symbolic for protection. One could even say the "wall" in the Egyptian-Israeli reltationship has been the peace pact signed by Sadat and Begin. The wall has been teared down. Making clear whats been already widely speculated, that Egypt no longer intends to honor the peace pact.

Even though they were given half of Israel ie; the Sinai is the size of Israel proper.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
dp
edit on 9-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

That's some wall, being torn down by protesters
The wall was put up to protect:

The commander said the new walls were erected to defend the residents, not the embassy.

What do you expect? The Egyptians are looking to revamp their state and that includes ending ties with Israel. This situation will most likely get much worse before it gets better.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Check out the picture from the article showing the "rioters" "tearing down" the wall..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97c931160fcc.jpg[/atsimg]

Now look closer.....and closer....and notice the "savage attack" on this wall

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb4687d6caa4.gif[/atsimg]

Gee whiz. I didn't know you could tear down a wall with mortar and a float.

Sure looks like wall REPAIR to me but then again I'm just a sheep

haha.

Ok - enough sarcasm. These are the photos of them repairing the wall after the attack.

Doesn't look like much damage was done. I'm surprised CNN didn't use their adhoc "dark-skinned man with a blue+white checkered scarf" image
edit on 9-9-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

The caption under the picture also tells the same story

Workers paint Egyptian colours on the wall built to protect the Israeli Embassy in Cairo (file picture)

All in all, that wall doesn't look beat up at all, from that picture. I'd wish they'd post more pictures since it is the basis of this story.

Some more sources on this & a new pictures!

Egyptian protesters tear down sections of security wall outside Israeli Embassy in Cairo

www.globalsaskatoon.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aecbf708e131.jpg[/atsimg]

Protesters target security wall at Israeli Embassy in Cairo

www.ctv.ca...

Egyptians tear down Israel Embassy's security wall

www.google.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36d02db8e641.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20f41867c99c.jpg[/atsimg]

This reports title says 88 people were injured during this event.

88 injured in clashes after Egypt’s protesters damage wall protecting Israel embassy

english.alarabiya.net...

More than 88 people were injured in clashes near the Israeli embassy in Cairo on Friday, Egypt's state TV reported citing the Health Ministry.

The clashes came shortly after demonstrators partly destroyed a wall recently built outside the Israeli embassy in Cairo to protect the building, an AFP correspondent witnessed.

Clashes with who? Grrr reporters suck

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03c8084b3e14.jpg[/atsimg]

Egyptians protest against military rule

english.aljazeera.net...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7e6a918f7bb.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Please. Where's the pictures of these protester? Are you saying that they could get at least one decent pic. to back this up? Had to rely on a "file pic"?

Also, the article references the crowds at Tahrir:

Many converged on Cairo's Tahrir Square to demand reforms in a turnout dubbed "correcting the path of the revolution." Egyptian state TV reported hundreds of people attempted to raid the Interior Ministry and large crowds of demonstrators have gathered in front of the state TV building.

Wth does that have to do with the Israeli embassy? That 2 miles away. Yes, I checked on Google maps.

Convoluted? Yup, for those that are willing to buy damaged goods without looking. Show me a pic of this happening and then I might buy this story.

edit on 9-9-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Read the article. Outerwall destroyed. Inner wall was painted the color of the Egyptian flag.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Youre making mount everest out of a mole hill.

Whats so suprising? They destroyed the outer wall, and painted the inner wall the color of the Egyptian flag. Can you see??

Its strange that a moderator like yourself would engage in this paranoic anti-zionist mongering, where everything bad that happens to Israel or Jews must be zionist propaganda.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Youre making mount everest out of a mole hill.

No, I'm asking for truth, not propaganda.

Its strange that a moderator like yourself would engage in this paranoic anti-zionist mongering, where everything bad that happens to Israel or Jews must be zionist propaganda.

Ah, the last gasp of a weak argument. Attack the questioner, especially if he's a staffer. Sorry, won't work. I still want proof. Not BS out of the MSM. For starters you have to get past the Jew/Israel/Zionist thing. Jews are among the finest people on the planet. Of the major religions I find them to be the most tolerant. Maybe with the exception of Buddhism but I consider that a philosophy more than a religion. Secondly, there are many Israelis that just want to live in peace. Raise their kids and hope they have a better life.(I can provide examples) Then you've got the Knesset. Maniacal bastards that should be shot. Does that clear things up for you? Blind acceptance to those madmen is what is keeping this from being resolved.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
And so why arent they attacking the American, British, French, German etc embassies that also supported Mubarak? Especially the American.

U.S. Marines with guns. Nuff said?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There was no one in the building ,it also had Egyptian police protection ,the building wasn't damage ,no one was hurt ,minor damage to the wall ,this story smacks of pro Israel alamist ,causing more tension then is needed.

End of the day the Arab spring brought about a situation were by the leaderships could not ignore the desires of their people ,and their people will not accept Israel as a violent occupier in the region anymore either.

If any nation on this Godforsaken planet needs a revolution by its people ,it's Israel.

Israeli people have to get to a point and think ,hang on ,is everybody wrong about my Government ,are all these nations wrong about Israel ,maybe it is because Israeli Government has back-stabbed ,Lied ,turn there backs in times of need ,look down upon other nations around them with impunity ,never met its obligations ,i could go on and on.

After all these years there not been one peace treaty Israel has liked? ,and have always conducted ridiculous negotiations deals.

Israel has burn to many bridges over the years ,everyone had enough of it ,you only have to see how Israel has handled the Turkey situation ,all they had to do was man up ,and admit they were in the wrong ,and apologize ,but Israel is to contemptuous to admit being in the wrong ever.

Israel has to grow up in the International community now ,instead of acting like a little rich spoiled teenager who can't get its own way ,so stamps its feet and sulks ,then cry's to america that everyone is being horrible to them again ,all the while asking for more pocket money to spend on fancy new weapons.

edit on 9-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: liquified flame

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Then you've got the Knesset. Maniacal bastards that should be shot. Does that clear things up for you? Blind acceptance to those madmen is what is keeping this from being resolved.

Actually No.

So, if youre against the Knesset - maniacal bastards, are you also against every other government official the world over - equally maniacal. Or do you just have it out for the Jews???

Typical double standard. People dislike a quality, but for some inexplicable reason, were apt to dislike it more when it appears in a Jew.

US, UN, EU, Every European Country, Russia, China, Iran and everywhere else, the same type of people occupy those governments. Egotists. "Maniacs". Israel shouldnt be anything special, but unfortunately, thanks to people like you, theyre made into a much bigger problem then they actually are.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Wow you sound crazy. According to you (apparently) because a small mob of civvillians tore down a wall that the Israeli-Egyptian peace agreement is mute. Please state where it says in the agreement that "one shall not let the wall of an embassy be destroyed by protestors". What a joke.

What did you want the Egyptian government to do. To kill a few protestors in the name of Israel and lose all legitimacy in the eyes of the people. Take your fearmongering somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just an observation, are there no sledgehammers in Egypt?

That'd be my pick for wall dismantling...

I'm just saying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join