It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something seems very wrong about this "Power Outage".

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

How hard would it be to sneak a nuclear device into this country with the power out on the border. Don't worry because there is another inspection station 70 miles away. Wait, just by chance, the power was out to just past that inspection station. But hey don't worry the threat is for the east coast. Good excuse for a false flag. I hear they have all the intelligence communities and a number of supercomputers working to find these three individuals. Is there really that many passengers from Dubai for 10 years let alone a couple months that you need a supercomputer and still can't produce names? American citizens have to get anal probes to take a flight but it is still no problem for a card carrying member of Al Qaeda to take a flight from Pakistan into the US.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Something is really weird in the news - it's went from a voltage monitoring machine.....to a capacitor....to a transmission line.

This guys seems to heard what I heard the official say:

www.timesrecordnews.com...

It turns out the massive blackout across California, Arizona and Mexico Thursday was caused by one man — one worker at a power substation in Yuma, Ariz. who was swapping out a piece of monitoring equipment.

slatest.slate.com...

The problem, which started as the worker was trying to replace a faulty transmission line, should have only knocked out power to the Yuma area, said officials for Arizona Public Service, one of the utility line’s owners.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

Yes it does feel wrong. Perhaps its a lesson to all of us to learn how to get thru a day with no electricity. I suspect this wont be the only power outtage in the coming months. Perhaps the reason given was the truth, perhaps not. We will never know for SURE now will we. I say we all prepare better.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Oh BINGO - www.mydesert.com...

This article is not out long - that is exactly what I've been trying to say. SAME sort of problem as 2003.

While it is happening: Tell em the truth, unexamined and uncoached.

Day 1 some hours later: calm the public, feed em some dumped down crap.
Maybe voltage monitor acting flaky sounded too much like stuxnet. Best change THAT story. We don't want anyone freaking out.
edit on 10-9-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
During a power outage, I'm guessing CCTV cameras would also be affected and not work?

If one were to plan a false flag bomb attack, I'd expect them to get through to important/restricted locations without being spotted, and plant their devices.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by Theophoros

"I have a video on this - I used to work at a Hydro Dam for 10 years - Nibiru's Magnetic Field is affecting these power plants because they now have state of the art digital control rooms which are extremely sensitive to electromagnetism"

So you're saying that they made controlling systems for nuclear power plants that are extremely sensitive to electromagnetic fluctuations, and that they didn't bother shielding them?? Going to need proof on that.

Also, you're implying that Nibiru's electromagnetic fields (should they exist) are stronger than the earth's EMF. If this is the case, none of our compasses would be working, and mine is just fine.

Not necessarily stronger than the Earth's,but if you take the earths EMF as the constant(and this is what your compass is detecting) and introduce an additional EMF source,the electro magnetic effects will be amplified,now whether an external influence is generating a field that is capable of creating an EMF "pulse" that will knock sensitive electronic components offline is another matter.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Usually love your theories but you're off on this one. That object near the sun is just a piece of lint or fault on the lens.

I'd be more on the money to suggest it is the effect of Nibiru's magnetic field that is affecting the Sun. I really think this is another false flag/fema black ops to see the reaction to a large (but controllably small) population of people to extrapolate guides for when the real thing happens.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

The destroyer.

Either a failed Jupiter size star, or a planet sized spaceship that has been out of control for millions of years in an elliptical orbit between 2 star systems.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

The destroyer.

Either a failed Jupiter size star, or a planet sized spaceship that has been out of control for millions of years in an elliptical orbit between 2 star systems.

and of course the effects of it's gravity can be observed on the other planets around it ?

curious, since jupiter and saturn can be seen with the naked eye, can anyone see planet x ?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I posted this in the other thread about the "massive" outages out West, and you all probably saw it, but I'd like to duplicate it here as well, this thread is more appropriate for it.

IT GOT ME! D**N.

I live in the upper MidWest (I like to say, "out by Ioway") (I never like to pinpoint on here, where I live precisely) and I just finished sitting here without power. It was a calm night (not a 'dark and stormy'...) cool/mild humid somewhat and a breezeless cool -clear- morning (the sun is fully blooming now) so therefore
NO REASON for all the power to go out. I called the (non emergeny #) of the Fire Department, and they said it was widespread, but he didn't know why it happened.
Just now, I turned my computer on to type this, so, God only knows when it will decide to go down again.
Guys, I had let things go. I let my cellphone be uncharged, I ran out of drinking water that I purchase (our tap water feels looks smells not fit for consumption) I just took for granted, that I could snap into action today.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
EE Electrical Engineer's daughter opinion:

We have just been in a deep Recesssion/ Depression for over four years. That means no one has been replacing and keeping the equipment updated as they did before the financial crisus. Equipment gets old and breaks. With more and more people being alive and using the system it is going to break. When I was wiring up AC/DC converters for my dad twenty years ago, he would say, "Honey make sure you get those wires tight, beacause they can wiggle loose under heavy use from the Electricity. Someone's life could be at stake."

Things just randomly break, my AC blower motor here in SC just broke under heavy summer usage of 100+
temperatures for weeks.

If it were an electromagnetic field interruption, don't you think things like airplanes and other sensitive equipment such as Satelittes would be the first to go?
edit on 10-9-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

any intruder object based on sumerian lore would have a very southerly orbit.

outside the viewing space of the majority of the planet, but inside the purview

of thousands of penguins.

don't count out PX yet. 'blindsided' would be most accurate.

And YES! the outer gas giants have had remarkable weather changes in

the last decade. Look it up.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by whyamIhere

It's really old (the existing grid).
It was high tech in the 1950's, but by todays standards it's actually no different than many third world nations with lines overhead going in all different directions but with single connection points.
Repairs are underfunded.. as it ages more "weird" things will happen.

Like I said in the other thread about this event, when the system is stressed with very high loads plus high temperatures reducing equipment ratings, a simple single fault or incorrect operation can bring the whole system down and there's quite a history worldwide of that happening. It will continue to happen so be prepared because a system-wide blackout could take over 24 hours to get everything back to normal. No conspiracy required even if it is fun to invent them

Where I am, the maximum temperature very very rarely tops 40C (104F) so it would be a waste of money to tension transmission lines and beef up transformer cooling systems to cope with much more than that. I think the typical temperature it's designed for here is around 43C (110F) so a record freakishly hot day for us in excess of that would result in a lot of transmission lines being disconnected intentionally for public safety (they sag dangerously low due to thermal expansion). The result would be widespread blackouts and 'islanding' of sections of the network because lines in cooler areas couldn't carry the load by themselves. It's far better to take the system apart in an orderly fashion because you then know you can put it back together when it cools down enough. Hanging onto lines hoping it gets no hotter can result in faults tripping them (eg touching trees) which then needs all faulted lines to be fully patrolled before re-energising them ie major delays in getting it all back together. The scant info released about this incident suggests the system there was right on the ragged edge where the slightest disturbance had the most dire outcome. Were the operators trying to 'ride through' the heat wave in order to keep all supplies on hoping for some luck? Leave it too long and you can pass the point of no return setting up a disaster (as you've experienced).

ETA: That 43C maximum design ambient temperature is the point where the lines have no ability left to safely carry any current at all (add I^2.R heating to ambient temp) so completely de-energising them is the only option left if temps exceed that design limit. Wind helps by cooling the conductors more effectively and can buy a little time, if there is any wind that is.

That nuclear power station that tripped off: I'd expect that was because it had no lines left to transmit its power on. The turbines would go into overspeed and shut down automatically. No surprises there and, in theory, no danger to the public as long as backup reactor cooling systems functioned correctly.
edit on 10/9/2011 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr

any intruder object based on sumerian lore would have a very southerly orbit.

outside the viewing space of the majority of the planet, but inside the purview

of thousands of penguins.

don't count out PX yet. 'blindsided' would be most accurate.

And YES! the outer gas giants have had remarkable weather changes in

the last decade. Look it up.

sumer ? I thought planet x was the thingy where the woman said the aliens spoke to her and we were all going to die in 2003. how does sumer fit in ?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Only in the infra-red spectrum. Given that possible detail maybe this thing is an inter-dimensional object too.

As for it's effects on other planets...I have no idea, our laws of physics state it 'should' but maybe there are factors we haven't or can't consider.

Or, maybe it isn't coming yet. It's depicted more than enough throughout ancient history to arouse suspicion of it's existence, so it's not of a matter of if but when.
edit on 10-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
EE Electrical Engineer's daughter opinion:

We have just been in a deep Recesssion/ Depression for over four years. That means no one has been replacing and keeping the equipment updated as they did before the financial crisus. Equipment gets old and breaks. With more and more people being alive and using the system it is going to break. When I was wiring up AC/DC converters for my dad twenty years ago, he would say, "Honey make sure you get those wires tight, beacause they can wiggle loose under heavy use from the Electricity. Someone's life could be at stake."

Things just randomly break, my AC blower motor here in SC just broke under heavy summer usage of 100+
temperatures for weeks.

If it were an electromagnetic field interruption, don't you think things like airplanes and other sensitive equipment such as Satelittes would be the first to go?
edit on 10-9-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

Hello Frugal, my experience in California with rolling blackouts makes me very skeptical. In 2004, before this recession, I had the unique experience of trying to get a job at a power plant in the Ca desert. My background includes being trained as a naval nuclear electrician. While in the control room, during my conversations the operators had informed me that there was never a shortage of power. They were told at certain times to shut down. This would cause supply to go down and therefore profits would go up. Rolling blackouts was all part of the plan. This happened during deregulation. We have not had those problems since then because they got caught and some of this was revealed. This blackout was not caused because some worker dropped a monkey wrench.
edit on 11-9-2011 by BillfromCovina because: added sentence

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Thank you for the explanation.

Maybe I am looking too hard for a "Conspiracy".

Just seemed like too many coincidental events.

Oh well....Just trying to keep them honest.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The US power grid is just 10 seonds from blowing up. It runs like that around the clock. Most of the grid is 40 to 50 years old and with little up grade. They are upgrading it every day but the up grades are slow slow. It is a fight just to keep it running at all. Too much or too little load here or there and the whole thing fries. You know that too much of a load will do damage but most people do not know that too little of a load can do just as much damage. The way the grids are tied together a power problem in one place can cause problems hundreds of miles away. And to make things worse such power problems can cause a cascade failure. So a simple problem can become a very big one real quick. If people really knew just how bad the problem is they would stop and think and hope they did not knock out half the state every time that they turned a light on or off.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

That's the problem everywhere where increasing the system capability is lagging behind the load growth and it can all be put down to the costs involved as unused capacity is basically money wasted in the eyes of network and power station developers. If an area is fed by X transmission lines and a record load results in the loss of any one line causing the remaining lines to be overloaded, all remaining lines will trip on the loss of that most critical line. The system is only secure if the loss of any one part of it does not cause any other remaining parts to be overloaded and that's a basic principle of 'smart grids' which centrally monitor all elements of the grid and run 'what if' scenarios continually to ensure no single fault can result in total collapse. Under human control there's a tendency to sometimes 'take a chance' in order to avoid any load shedding when conditions are extreme and 99% of the time it'll be OK but that other 1% = lights out occasionally. In defense of the human gambling nature, the 'smart' automated system never takes any chances so there'll be more blackouts but they'll be much smaller areas and much shorter in duration. Under the worst conditions, modern SCADA systems have automatic 'rotating load shedding' capability which shares the pain by blacking out small areas for short times to keep the total load down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join