It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something seems very wrong about this "Power Outage".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Let's just start with a simple question.

Why would anything that happens in Yuma Arizona effect my power?

San Diego to Yuma...173 mi, 2 hours 46 mins

My house to Oceanside...17.9 mi, 21 mins

There is a San Onofre Nuclear Power Station is in Oceanside.

Could they have taken the Reactor off-line to replace this?

Road Train removes steam generator

I'm not sure if you would have to shut off the reactor to replace this generator?

I also thought the timing was curious...

Huge weather change

The outage began at 3:38 p.m. after a 500-kilovolt high-voltage transmission line from Arizona to California failed, triggering a cascade of events that then knocked the San Onofre nuclear power plant offline. Those are the two major power sources for the region.

So they are also dependent on each other?

"The lights in the office went out with no warning at all," he said. "I started at SDG&E in 1971 and I have never been in a situation like this."

It was very creepy...

The investigation into the cause of the power failure could take months, utility experts said. At this point, the Arizona Public Service utility company said the outage began after one of its employees performed a procedure on the North Gila-Hassayampa transmission line near Yuma, Arizona.

Really Yuma...I can see the transmission lines straight from the reactor?

So with the losses involved....My power makes a 400 mile trip around the desert?

“Essentially we have two connections to the rest of the world — one to the north and one to the east — and both of those connections were severed,” Niggli said. “We actually don’t know what happened to the line. All we know is the line went out.”

So did the line go out or was it caused by a worker?

Ok, I admittedly know very little about our power grid.

I am sure someone will come along and enlighten me.

I worked for the Cable Company for years.

We would always lie about outages.

Local Story

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Let's just start with a simple question.

Why would anything that happens in Yuma Arizona effect my power?

San Diego to Yuma...173 mi, 2 hours 46 mins

My house to Oceanside...17.9 mi, 21 mins

There is a San Onofre Nuclear Power Station is in Oceanside.

Could they have taken the Reactor off-line to replace this?

Road Train removes steam generator

I'm not sure if you would have to shut off the reactor to replace this generator?

I also thought the timing was curious...

Huge weather change

The outage began at 3:38 p.m. after a 500-kilovolt high-voltage transmission line from Arizona to California failed, triggering a cascade of events that then knocked the San Onofre nuclear power plant offline. Those are the two major power sources for the region.

So they are also dependent on each other?

"The lights in the office went out with no warning at all," he said. "I started at SDG&E in 1971 and I have never been in a situation like this."

It was very creepy...

The investigation into the cause of the power failure could take months, utility experts said. At this point, the Arizona Public Service utility company said the outage began after one of its employees performed a procedure on the North Gila-Hassayampa transmission line near Yuma, Arizona.

So with the losses involved....My power makes a 400 mile trip around the desert?

“Essentially we have two connections to the rest of the world — one to the north and one to the east — and both of those connections were severed,” Niggli said. “We actually don’t know what happened to the line. All we know is the line went out.”

So did the line go out or was it caused by a worker?

I am sure someone will come along and enlighten me.

I worked for the Cable Company for years.

We would always lie about outages.

Local Story

I have a video on this - I used to work at a Hydro Dam for 10 years - Nibiru's Magnetic Field is affecting these power plants because they now have state of the art digital control rooms which are extremely sensitive to electromagnetism :

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Local Story

Your electricity doesn't make a 400 mile trip. You should look into how grids of alternating current work.
It's more like a frequency amplitude. It's not like water flowing.
There are a history of such events occasionally occurring due to how the grid structures work - they are interconnected and reliant upon all parts remaining in balance. Throw off the balance too much and the generators have to shut down to avoid burnout.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

"I have a video on this - I used to work at a Hydro Dam for 10 years - Nibiru's Magnetic Field is affecting these power plants because they now have state of the art digital control rooms which are extremely sensitive to electromagnetism"

So you're saying that they made controlling systems for nuclear power plants that are extremely sensitive to electromagnetic fluctuations, and that they didn't bother shielding them?? Going to need proof on that.

Also, you're implying that Nibiru's electromagnetic fields (should they exist) are stronger than the earth's EMF. If this is the case, none of our compasses would be working, and mine is just fine.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Local Story

Your electricity doesn't make a 400 mile trip. You should look into how grids of alternating current work.
It's more like a frequency amplitude. It's not like water flowing.
There are a history of such events occasionally occurring due to how the grid structures work - they are interconnected and reliant upon all parts remaining in balance. Throw off the balance too much and the generators have to shut down to avoid burnout.

Actually, the power grid have these things called Circuit Breakers. Pears that back in 64 the east coast had a black out and they didn't like it too much so they put these little buggers in so that, if one section of the line has problems, two circuit breakers trip and isolate just that one section of the line and, in turn, save the rest of the grid from tripping off.

The black outs on the west coast summer of 1996 I know for a fact were due to HAARP coming on line cause I was working for a power company at the time (having just read the book Angels don't play this HAARP), and was waiting to see what happened in June when they fired it up. It caused that black out and all the brush fires in all the same states that summer. Point being we were told the blackout was due to "high energy demand" which was, basically, a crock of manure.

Thus, you can pretty much count on the power companies to lie to you and, as stated, these blackouts and nuclear power plant problems are being caused by Nibiru's Magnetic Field and it will only get worse in the near future.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Theophoros because: typo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Also, you're implying that Nibiru's electromagnetic fields (should they exist) are stronger than the earth's EMF. If this is the case, none of our compasses would be working, and mine is just fine.

"Nibiru" never even entered my mind.

I am more curious about the huge steam generator that they installed.

If the old generator was radio active...It sounds like it uses reactor steam.

If it installs directly to the reactor.

Wouldn't they for safety reasons have to power down the reactor?

I am really just suspicious. I did not mean to imply something out of this world.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

"I have a video on this - I used to work at a Hydro Dam for 10 years - Nibiru's Magnetic Field is affecting these power plants because they now have state of the art digital control rooms which are extremely sensitive to electromagnetism"

So you're saying that they made controlling systems for nuclear power plants that are extremely sensitive to electromagnetic fluctuations, and that they didn't bother shielding them?? Going to need proof on that.

Well, homie, I was working at Comerford Station in Monroe New Hampshire in 1998 when they fully automated that 1930 control room with state of the art digital controls and there was no shielding.

And, no, I am not implying that Nibiru's Magnetic Field is stronger then earth's at all - I am saying that it is increasing the amount of Electromagnetism in nature and this is adversely affecting the digital controls of these new control rooms and this will get worse the closer Nibiru gets.

The proof, simply, is all the problems they are currenly experiencing with power plants across the globe which will only increase the closer Nibiru gets.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I am not sure how the US grid works, however I rememvber from years ago that the US grid(s) are overloaded and no new powerplants were being built for a while. Despite this issue, Obaba managed to close down several coil power plants and I do remember people being worried for the summer when the demand is increased..

lonelyconservative.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In 2003 due to the slammer worm, we discovered that monitoring system failure could translate to cascading failures. It wasn't the grid THEN, it was the systems attached to the grid to monitor it.

Ok, so this all started supposedly when there was problems with one of the monitoring machines that was showing voltage fluctuation readings that were flaky. (I read that somewhere.) So they had an employee change the machine out.

Maybe it was an unpatched MS OS. In 2003 they were using NT for that, and it was way outdated THEN.
In any event, this is my theory- we learned little from 2003. It seems like the same mechanism of failure was at work.

I read the system was supposed to be 'self isolating' I do not know HOW they thought that would be accomplished. I'd like to know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

But one weird thing. 2 nights ago at 3am we had a very weird power outtage here in GA. The power blipped and went off, then it came on again with a bit of a surge. 3am on a the first cool night in awhile.
Ok, talked to someone across town that's a 3rd shifter, happened on the other side of town too. I didn't think much about it, but noticed online in a lot of comments about this outtage that other places in the US had had weird quick outtages that sounded the same in the last day or two as well. Makes me wonder if they were testing something, probing something, or somehow otherwise DOING something.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
In 2003 due to the slammer worm, we discovered that monitoring system failure could translate to cascading failures. It wasn't the grid THEN, it was the systems attached to the grid to monitor it.

Ok, so this all started supposedly when there was problems with one of the monitoring machines that was showing voltage fluctuation readings that were flaky. (I read that somewhere.) So they had an employee change the machine out.

Maybe it was an unpatched MS OS. In 2003 they were using NT for that, and it was way outdated THEN.
In any event, this is my theory- we learned little from 2003. It seems like the same mechanism of failure was at work.

I read the system was supposed to be 'self isolating' I do not know HOW they thought that would be accomplished. I'd like to know.

But one weird thing. 2 nights ago at 3am we had a very weird power outtage here in GA. The power blipped and went off, then it came on again with a bit of a surge. 3am on a the first cool night in awhile.
Ok, talked to someone across town that's a 3rd shifter, happened on the other side of town too. I didn't think much about it, but noticed online in a lot of comments about this outtage that other places in the US had had weird quick outtages that sounded the same in the last day or two as well. Makes me wonder if they were testing something, probing something, or somehow otherwise DOING something.

Or, gee, maybe there is a little outside interferrence to all power plants globally?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Someone is at least starting to ask some questions.

The Arizona Public Service Co. worker was switching out a capacitor, which controls voltage levels, outside Yuma, Ariz., near the California border. Shortly after, a section of a major regional power line failed, spreading trouble further down in California and later Mexico, officials said.

Isn't the system designed to stop that very thing.

Among the questions they will be asking is why the safeguards to keep power flowing appeared to work, at least at first. There was a roughly 10-minute gap between the time the power line failed and customers lost electricity, said Daniel Froetscher, vice president of energy delivery for Phoenix-based APS.

Hottest day of the year and nobody is watching?

San Diego Gas & Electric Co. should have isolated the problem by shutting down the 500-kilovolt Southwest Powerlink as it did during 2007 wildfires, said Michael Shames, executive director of the advocacy group, Utility Consumers' Action Network. "If a fire breaks out in the kitchen, the first thing you do is shut the door to the kitchen to stop it from spreading," he said.

You would think.

He also questioned why the San Onofre nuclear power plant was forced to shut down, and why other back-up energy didn't kick in.

That is my question...Trouble in Yuma shuts down a Nuclear Reactor 200 miles away?

Niggli said automatic circuit-breakers at San Onofre prevented the blackout from spreading to Southern California Edison, which serves 14 million people in the Los Angeles area.

We all know Orange County uses a different reactor...Hello, It's called Dolly Parton.

The more I look at it...It looks like planned maintenance.

Story from 2005

National Story

edit on 9-9-2011 by whyamIhere because: link

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
...remember the enron scandal?... heres a little tidbit that might explain whats going on...

finance.laws.com...

many historians and economists suspect that the ENRON executives manufactured this crisis in preparation of the discovery of the fraud they had committed – although the executives of ENRON were enjoying the funds rendered from investments, the corporation itself was approaching bankruptcy.

...emphasis above mine...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I agree that something is very wrong about this power outage. While many have either read or heard what has been reported as being the cause, I am suspicious when I hear words like "Event" or "Procedure" in the explanation when 1.4 million people lose power.

Second on my list of deception concerns is the fact that Obama was on nation wide TV speaking about the this and that when he also mentioned the deteriorating electrical grids in the USA and how our infrastructure needed to be improved and upgraded.

Just about that time, as if by magic or some preplanned effort, somewhere in California is when some worker supposedly flipped a switch or executed some "event" or "procedure" and knocked power out all the way to Mexico. Yeah right. I just don't know how that could not be seen as a "say what?"

These matters are suspicious on their own, but while the alternative media and some blame it on Comet Elenin or something much bigger that somehow created massive solar flares & CME's and X class solar flares, I ask myself if someone might be trying to make us think that solar flares from Comet Elenin's influence are what caused the grid in California to go out?

There are other states across the nation also without power and yet the excuses are different.

No matter, what concerns me is that if those large UFO's or objects near our sun are doing something to intentionally cause the solar flares, then in effect the effects suffered are being created so that we will think that Comet Elenin's influence is effecting the sun and generating CME's.

It also would be noteworthy to note that if such crafts are causing the solar flares, then one must not ignore that they are doing it in a very coordinated way and keeping to very specific timing.

Such timing and orchestration implies that such a group near the sun is in league with elements of some group here on earth and are communicating when and where such solar flares are needed, so as to perpetuate the Comet Elenin influence factor on one hand while denying anything but human error or too much use of AC on the other hand as the cause as told to the public by all the media and power or energy officials.

Quite some deception, but as part of that complicated deception, this would explain why at a very appropriate timing in Obama's speech, when mentioning our electrical grid, suddenly 1.4 million people lose power. Doesn't it beg the question of how could that be coincidence?

Anyway, there is a lot of strangeness going around, but as always I try to keep my eye on the deceptions because once you see them, you begin to see that things are being made to happen and are not happening as if it were natural or happening on its own.

Oh well, as you can see, being kept confused about how they are doing it and how, is what keeps me thinking.

Thanks again for the thread. It is an area of discussion that I hope others begin to see that just too many factors of strangeness exist to ignore them or to discount the possibility that things are possibly being created for control of the masses and the eventual solution while steering blame to Comet Elenin or Nibiru in the alternative media while, keeping infrastructure causes to our electrical grid in the fore front of all national media in the other.

Thank you for considering this discussion material.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
what is a nibiru ? not being cheeky, what is it ?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

We all know 2 large X-class flares impacted Mercury and the Earth, the latter setting

off geomagnetic storms:

"GEOMAGNETIC STORM: A strong geomagnetic storm (Kp=7) is in progress following the impact of a CME around 1130 UT on Sept. 9th. This could be the first of several hits from a series of CMEs expected to reach Earth during the weekend. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras after nightfall. "

courtesy of spaceweather.com

entirely possible this storm could have had unknown geomagnetic effects

(not visible like the aurora) on electronic systems. this is purely speculative.

The x-class flares have been absent since our last solar max, ending around 2003.

The big CME September 1, 1859 (the "Carrington Flare") resulted in telegraph fires.

Imagine that energy deposited into modern micro and macro electronics...

"A similar flare on March 13, 1989, provoked geomagnetic storms that disrupted electric power transmission from the Hydro Québec generating station in Canada, blacking out most of the province and plunging 6 million people into darkness for 9 hours; aurora-induced power surges even melted power transformers in New Jersey..."

The only problem with this event is the SDiego power blackout happened 9-8,

yesterday, and the Kp index didn't go nuts till 9-9. today!

Here is the CME magnetic shockwave recorded in Norway

edit on 9/9/2011 by drphilxr because: atsimg tag not working @$%

edit on 9/9/2011 by drphilxr because: ugh

edit on 9/9/2011 by drphilxr because: forgot a fact....tired

edit on 9/9/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I also thought it was interesting that San Onofre shut down, not usually what is "supposed" to happen. Usually if there is a shutdown, it is planned and only for one of the generators, not all of them, hmmmmm...

Like this:

San Onofre reactor shut down for generator swap October 11, 2010|
By ocregister
Southern California Edison has shut down the Unit 3 reactor at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station for a planned maintenance and refueling project that will include replacing the unit's two massive steam generators. The company expects the reactor to be out of service three to four months, spokesman Gil Alexander said. Unit 3, the southernmost of San Onofre's two steel-reinforced concrete domes, was shut down at 1:26 a.m. Sunday, Alexander said. Unit 2, which underwent a similar generator replacement last fall and spring, is operating normally, he said. That project took more than six months

Link

Glad they got the power back on.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PacificBlue

You are right on the money...

They tried to use the old "We dropped a wrench in Yuma".

Why do they have to lie...

To make it look accidental for insurance reasons?

If they take it down and things are destroyed...They are liable?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
ok, I looked it up. planet x ? really ? that thing was supposed to take us out in 2003 ! lol

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

You know I had a thought pertaining to a false -flag.What if the power outages which occured yestarday were deliberately set-off to mobilize local and federal emergency agencies in preparation of a pending attack on 9/11?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

It's really old.
It was high tech in the 1950's, but by todays standards it's actually no different than many third world nations with lines overhead going in all different directions but with single connection points.
Repairs are underfunded.. as it ages more "weird" things will happen.

Remember one power transformer going out a few years ago knocking power out to essentially the entire North East? 55 million people lost power. It happens.

(and just to clear up the 2003 NE blackout I mention, it was caused when a single line touched a tree in rural NE Ohio. The trip cascaded through the entire network and caused one the Worlds largest blackouts .... by touching one tree.)
edit on 9/10/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join