It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supercomputer predicts revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Feeding a supercomputer with news stories could help predict major world events, according to US research.

A study, based on millions of articles, charted deteriorating national sentiment ahead of the recent revolutions in Libya and Egypt.

While the analysis was carried out retrospectively, scientists say the same processes could be used to anticipate upcoming conflict.

The system also picked up early clues about Osama Bin Laden's location.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So there ya go, hows about that then.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Web-bot, anyone?

Cultural trends precede social changes.

It starts from within.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

yeah, if you were ready for October 14th like rest of us, then you would not believe in this at all. Cliff High almost had a good thing going. This is exactly his idea i guess some others are going to tinker around with it now.
Go to halfpasthuman.com if you need a future fix.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ofcourse, why would the BBC ever tell us that the West will also face it's own revolution soon enough?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You don't need to be a computer to know this will happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Ofcourse, why would the BBC ever tell us that the West will also face it's own revolution soon enough?

They're the most biased company anyway so even if they said it outright, I probably wouldn't believe it until it was on Sky News too.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

For Egypt, the tone of media coverage in the month before President Hosni Mubarak's resignation had fallen to a low only seen twice before in the preceding 30 years.

Previous dips coincided with the 1991 US aerial bombardment of Iraqi troops in Kuwait and the 2003 US invasion of Iraq.

Let those able to make connections understand this, and the rest won't even bother reading past the thread title.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So I was told I needed to move my comments to this page so I'm going to paste it exactly as I did before..

This just happened with a Cleverbot convo I had O.o, I cant make a forum myself since I am so new. But this is what I got. Call me crazy but this is weird...

I'm really sorry but I dont know how to embedd or w/e.

i1107.photobucket.com...

I'll give additional proof as needed, just walk me through it though.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

I just spent a few minutes with using cleverbot myself, and I asked it a series of questions regarding 9/11, revolution, and god. It appears it has a limited vocabulary, and maybe it's algorithm needs some work.

It replied to a question asking me if I like lady gaga. Although I replied no to it, it said it doesn't like lady gaga either. This thing is akin to a magic 8ball imo
edit on 9/11/2011 by eXia7 because: spelling

Here is one easy example:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e3c10ae886a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9/11/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well it seems to me that if you are feeding a computer news stories, you would include all the stories about revolution in other countries so I'm not surprised at all. As for Osama Bin Laden there were a tone f news stories speculating he was in Pakistan. No real surprise there either as far as I'm concerned. Still a cool story. I should probably have read it before commenting.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Fine by me
, I'm not complaining, I just thought people would like to see it considering it said "betrayal" as one of the things in New York City considering today is 9/11/11. I mean if it would have said somewhere else it would have been less significant. But NYC? I mean I hope it isn't real ofcourse. Also, if it does happen, best place to look is where the President won't be tonight. NYC

Also thought I would add this. That picture wasn't to fear monger. That same robot is the one who told me he was God but didn't know my name and that he was actually a part of me. And that I had a confusing look on my face like this
edit on 11-9-2011 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Garbage in garbage out....

If the news stories by the "lame stream media"are not true or accurate, how can you trust any result based upon those stroies entered in the first place?

I don't trust the MSM to begin with... let alone a result from an unknown "supercomputer".

We need to look at who is sponsoring this venture. I may be out of line but I'm sure my fellow ATS'ers will slap me back into place.

Am I being a but too skeptical???

Love,
Red

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
reply to post by eXia7

Fine by me
, I'm not complaining, I just thought people would like to see it considering it said "betrayal" as one of the things in New York City considering today is 9/11/11. I mean if it would have said somewhere else it would have been less significant. But NYC? I mean I hope it isn't real ofcourse. Also, if it does happen, best place to look is where the President won't be tonight. NYC

Also thought I would add this. That picture wasn't to fear monger. That same robot is the one who told me he was God but didn't know my name and that he was actually a part of me. And that I had a confusing look on my face like this
edit on 11-9-2011 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

No, I appreciate you informing us about the website, as I was curious I decided to use it for fun, your results were interesting to say the least, but I think cleverbot is just a novelty at this point. thanks though!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I can predict that any nation will rise, reach a peak, then titrate out. Nothing lasts forever. The universe demands entropy, no matter what the system.

Revolution has become nothing but TPTB managing and manipulating events. They use empires like tools, to kick the can down the road a few more centuries while retaining power.

A true revolution? Yeah, that would be nice. But that would be without weapons, using philosophy, logic, and reason as weapons.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The "technology" they are using is not new, they are just throwing extreme levels of processing power at it.

Clif High and George Ure started this back in 2001, originally called the ALTA reports, or Asymmetrical Linguistic Trend Analysis- what today is called the Web-bot project.

Essentially, the gov't. stole it and is now trying to call it their own.

Anyone surprised?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Does this mean that a social trend can be predicted to continue, or that the press can direct events through what they publish. What if the press publish that a country is in financial trouble? Pretty soon the country would be in trouble because they said it was. They say a political party has unfavourable policies: soon less people wish to vote for them. That's the problem with replacing computer power for human thought: it doesn't tell us why it happens just that it does. Calculated based upon a statistical correlation: old maxim correlation is not causation.

new topics

top topics

join